Zorro's Capitalism Decapitation Text

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-parable inspired by Zorro.

Signing off,

====

Zorro was a bold Spanish vigilante who wore a mask and wielded a sword with great skill. Trained by a great swordsman after being humiliated and outcasted by a band of warlords, Zorro decided to reinvent himself as a hero of the people. Zorro returned, dressed in black, to deal with a new band of bandits (called Spanish Scarlett), a group of self-proclaimed revolutionaries, who wanted to topple the Spanish government and behead all its leaders. Zorro's primary aim was to ensure that decapitation did not become 'romanticized' by revolutionary fervor. All Zorro had was his sword. Spanish Scarlett was led by a pirate-like profiteer and adventurer named Tomas.

ZORRO: I defy your revolution, Tomas!
TOMAS: You're a simple vigilante, Zorro...
ZORRO: I know little of politics, but your 'methods' create doubt.
TOMAS: You disapprove of Red Scarlett's decapitation-decision?
ZORRO: Beheading someone is a sure-gesture of the intent only to kill.
TOMAS: We kill in the name of revolution...
ZORRO: Decapitation frightens the people, Tomas, and you're no 'hero.'
TOMAS: You are naive about human nature and the yearning to be free.
ZORRO: Perhaps the Spanish government is corrupt, but decapitation is unholy.
TOMAS: A true capitalist, Zorro, understands that efficiency is productivity.
ZORRO: Ruthless ambition spells doom for any political agenda, even a capitalist one.
TOMAS: Do you doubt I'm a democrat or capitalist?
ZORRO: I fear your decapitation 'agenda' signals terror for the hungry masses.
TOMAS: I understand the people crave liberty and that revolution is painful.
ZORRO: Yet, you have no sympathy for those Red Scarlett decapitates (for fortune)!
TOMAS: If you can defeat my men (and me) in sword-play, perhaps you should lead.
ZORRO: I'm no politician, but let the people decide how revolution warms the soul.
TOMAS: If you win, Zorro, I will think of you as a capitalism-critic (nothing more).

====

zorro5.jpg

Forum List

Back