4th of July invitation for Janeane Garofalo

Did you go to a TEA party event (votes public)

• Total voters
ah, but i did add the "fine" to that
and a racist isnt fine, at least not to me

A racist that doesn't speak or act on their racism is fine with most people.

on your side of the aisle you cheer your racists on! that's good.. real good.

Willow, what are you babbling about now? You have a side of the aisle, I don't. Unlike you, I have voted R and D on the same ticket. It takes me more than 60 seconds in the voting booth. Troll. :lol:

A racist that doesn't speak or act on their racism is fine with most people.

Willow, what are you babbling about now? You have a side of the aisle, I don't. Unlike you, I have voted R and D on the same ticket. It takes me more than 60 seconds in the voting booth. Troll. :lol:
you mean you dont know who you are voting for before you go vote?

and just a hint for you, i have voted for democrats in the past as well
only none recently because they have all been bigger assholes than the republicans
and thats not saying some of the republicans weren't assholes as well

Last edited:
Why would anyone join you whiners? Cry babies all. To repeat ad infinitum where were you whining children when Bush was spending billions weekly on an illegal war that killed thousands of innocent people and our own good people? Where were you then? Today you whining losers have nothing better to do as your policies and administration failed. If you had an ounce of sense and honesty you'd stfu. Hypocrite thy name is tea party whiner, aka republican, aka conservative, aka libertarian.

you seem to be the hypocrite here. I mean Obama still has us in Iraq, our troop levels have not decreased even with us pulling out of the cities. He has continued and increased Bush's dispicable defecit spending yet you just call names.

You are they hypocrite for complaining about bush doing it but not complaining about Obama doing the same thing

bush-obama.jpg

only none recently because they have all been bigger assholes than the republicans

The 60 second thing was a hint to voting straight ticket. As far as politicians being assholes, they're the type that I want fighting for my interests. Not the ho hum type that will roll over when it comes time to make tough decisions.

The 60 second thing was a hint to voting straight ticket. As far as politicians being assholes, they're the type that I want fighting for my interests. Not the ho hum type that will roll over when it comes time to make tough decisions.
the type that roll over, ARE the assholes IMO

And in my opinion they all roll over and do whatever it takes to get funding from their special interest lobbies.

And in my opinion they all roll over and do whatever it takes to get funding from their special interest lobbies.

Then it's up to us to keep it from happening. I think that would be a cause that a lot more citizens would get behind.

Fair coverage on the TEA parties from CSM:

Round 2 of Tea Party protests: a political powerhouse in the making? | csmonitor.com

Round 2 of Tea Party protests: a political powerhouse in the making?
Protests against taxes and red ink are set for this weekend. Their potential to form a formidable national movement is unclear.

By Patrik Jonsson | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

ATLANTA
Concerned about taxes, bailouts, government "pork," and rising deficits, thousands of Americans will spill out in cities from Atlanta to San Francisco this weekend, as part of a "Tea Party" movement that began earlier this year in protest of the economic stimulus bill.

The July 4 event will be the second major Taxed Enough Already (TEA) Party protest, following an April 15 event that drew as many as half a million people to over 800 separate protests across the country. This weekend's protests – sure to feature Colonial garb, witty signs ("Don't tax me, bro!"), and references to the Declaration of Independence – come amid rising concerns among Americans that the $787 billion stimulus package isn't doing much to restore the economy.

The movement has been panned by liberals and praised by conservatives. Libertarian blogger and law professor Glenn Reynolds says the protests represent "an energy that our politics hasn't seen lately."

The holiday weekend and the absence of Republican stars may reduce the size of the protests this time around. But the movement faces a bigger challenge – knitting a viable political coalition out of a geographically and ideologically dispersed community....

Fair coverage on the TEA parties from CSM:

Round 2 of Tea Party protests: a political powerhouse in the making? | csmonitor.com

Round 2 of Tea Party protests: a political powerhouse in the making?
Protests against taxes and red ink are set for this weekend. Their potential to form a formidable national movement is unclear.

By Patrik Jonsson | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

ATLANTA
Concerned about taxes, bailouts, government "pork," and rising deficits, thousands of Americans will spill out in cities from Atlanta to San Francisco this weekend, as part of a "Tea Party" movement that began earlier this year in protest of the economic stimulus bill.

The July 4 event will be the second major Taxed Enough Already (TEA) Party protest, following an April 15 event that drew as many as half a million people to over 800 separate protests across the country. This weekend's protests – sure to feature Colonial garb, witty signs ("Don't tax me, bro!"), and references to the Declaration of Independence – come amid rising concerns among Americans that the $787 billion stimulus package isn't doing much to restore the economy.

The movement has been panned by liberals and praised by conservatives. Libertarian blogger and law professor Glenn Reynolds says the protests represent "an energy that our politics hasn't seen lately."

The holiday weekend and the absence of Republican stars may reduce the size of the protests this time around. But the movement faces a bigger challenge – knitting a viable political coalition out of a geographically and ideologically dispersed community....

Ironic..."thousands of Americans will spill out in cities from Atlanta to San Francisco this weekend" because IT IS THE 4TH OF JULY...

I went to one early this year. But honestly I don't see these tea parties catching like they should be. nah, I just enjoyed my 4th with fam and friends and fireworks. I'll be getting some pics of the display emailed to me soon. We were on a private lake and the display was put together by residents of that community. Awesome stuff.:clap2:

I've said it once, I'll say it again - where have all you folk been for the past eight years?

Online emailing, faxing, calling my representatives and other representatives trying to get them to get control of the spending.

In fact My very first "protest" event was back at the beginning of last year when bush first signed the housing bill, the one before the "stimulus package"

Dr Grump were you upset at bush's defecit spending?
Dr Grump are you currently upset at obama's defecit spending?

I just came back from the Tea Party in Port Huron. I thought I was just going out for a picnic with my wife and her family - turned out it was a tea picnic. Meh.

While I support the agenda that the tea parties are supposed to be about, there was far too much at today's event that had nothing to do with the issue at hand as far as I was concerned. All this despite the very first speaker going out of her way to tell us that this was a non partizan event, not aligned with one group of another.

Having heard that, the first guy (a preacher) then rattled on for half an hour using quotes from the bible to describe the "evil" we are now facing and the "peril" we are now in. I'm a Christian, but that pissed me off.

He talked about the war on terror, the demise of family values, the rights of the unborn and a host of other conservative agenda points. Hardly once did he talk about government spending and increased taxation. If I'd been a liberal who was pissed about increased government spending, I'd have been really upset that a cause I supported had been hijacked.

Later on, some of the speakers covered this in depth and made what I though were some very good points. But, if I hadn't been with my family (many of whom were looking at each other and saying "This is kinda off topic isn't it" or words to that effect), I would have left long before the relevant pieces were ever discussed. As it is, I'm glad I stayed and glad I am now able to comment on the tea parties with some degree of understanding that I didn't get through Fox or CNN.

I don't think the tea party organizers are doing themselves any favors with this sort of approach. They are also providing ammunition to their detractors, which is a shame.

There's a saying in advertising. Throw someone a ball and they'll probably catch it. Throw someone five and they'll probably drop the lot. By trying to get across multiple messages, I believe the tea parties (if the Port Huron one is indicative of the national approach) are likely to fail to get across the one they believe is most important, which I think is a terrible shame.

White Supremacists May Attempt To Co-Opt July 4 "Tea Parties" To Promote A Hateful Agenda

"New York, NY, July 2, 2009 ... White supremacists and neo-Nazi hate groups plan to take advantage of the anti-tax "Tea Parties" set to occur in more than 1,000 cities and localities over the July 4 holiday weekend to disseminate racist fliers and other materials and attempt to recruit others to their cause, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)."

Farther up on this thread you roll your eyes at those who see these teabagging events as racist. A man is often (justly or not) considered in connection with the company he keeps. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, if you find yourself in the company of people who make you uncomfortable, it might be time to re-think the thoughts that brought you into their company. There might be something at the root that isn't quite kosher. Or ADA approved, whatever.
That is inconsistent with just about any rational thinking I've ever run across.

While it can be said that associations are telling of ones character, to attempt to link an association based upon the agenda of a few bad organization to usurp a valid and Constitutional event simply stretches the boundaries of credibility.

If I left every event I wished to attend because people of poor character and questionable morals were in attendance, I would in fact, be reduced to hiding within My home for fear of having these 'associations' attached to My good name. That would be a cowards answer and not one in which I would participate.

Better to either drown out the bad actors and stand up for what you believe is right then to run from them.

Agreed. I can look at the last three Presidential Elections.

I didn't vote Republican because I thought the candidate was conservative. I voted because I KNEW the other guy was simply the worst possible choice.

Forum List

Back