4th of July invitation for Janeane Garofalo

Did you go to a TEA party event (votes public)

• Total voters
Crispus Attucks, a black man, was the first person to give his life in the opening shots of the American Revolution.

He died during the miss named Boston Massacre (1770). 4 others died that night. That was not during the Revolutionary War (1775-1783). That was during the build up to the war. It was pre Tea Party (1773). The British soldiers where tried and found not guilty. Their defence lawyer was John Adams.

Maybe you should brush up on your history a bit.

Last edited:
Crispus Attucks, a black man, was the first person to give his life in the opening shots of the American Revolution.

He didn't exacty "give it".

But he certainly had it taken away from him by come lobsterback with an itchy trigger finger.

In 1770, the American revolution wasn't really happening, yet.

At that stage of the game the good people of Massachusetts were simply having a spat with the King George III over taxation.

I'm not sure the name of the first person who died fighting the English post July 4, 1776, but tecnicially speaking that person or those people would be the first people to have died for the American war for Independence.

Why would anyone join you whiners? Cry babies all. To repeat ad infinitum where were you whining children when Bush was spending billions weekly on an illegal war that killed thousands of innocent people and our own good people? Where were you then? Today you whining losers have nothing better to do as your policies and administration failed. If you had an ounce of sense and honesty you'd stfu. Hypocrite thy name is tea party whiner, aka republican, aka conservative, aka libertarian.

"...that constitution of our nature which makes us feel more intensely what affects us directly than what affects us indirectly through others, necessarily leads to conflict between individuals. Each, in consequence, has a greater regard for his own safety or happiness, than for the safety or happiness of others; and, where these come in opposition, is ready to sacrifice the interests of others to his own. And hence, the tendency to a universal state of conflict, between individual and individual; accompanied by the connected passions of suspicion, jealousy, anger and revenge — followed by insolence, fraud and cruelty — and, if not prevented by some controlling power, ending in a state of universal discord and confusion, destructive of the social state and the ends for which it is ordained. This controlling power, wherever vested, or by whomsoever exercised, is GOVERNMENT."

Disquisition on Government John C. Calhoun
John C. Calhoun: Disquisition on Government

Well, I've watched closely and no one is reporting that the big mouthed chicken shit showed up to face the people she accused.. that's just like a chcken shit leftist.. all mouth all bullshit all the time. :eusa_whistle:

An upstanding citizen is law-abiding, hard working and tax paying. You don't have to say or do anything racist to be a racist.
ah, but i did add the "fine" to that
and a racist isnt fine, at least not to me

A racist that doesn't speak or act on their racism is fine with most people.

on your side of the aisle you cheer your racists on! that's good.. real good.

I just came back from the Tea Party in Port Huron. I thought I was just going out for a picnic with my wife and her family - turned out it was a tea picnic. Meh.

While I support the agenda that the tea parties are supposed to be about, there was far too much at today's event that had nothing to do with the issue at hand as far as I was concerned. All this despite the very first speaker going out of her way to tell us that this was a non partizan event, not aligned with one group of another.

Having heard that, the first guy (a preacher) then rattled on for half an hour using quotes from the bible to describe the "evil" we are now facing and the "peril" we are now in. I'm a Christian, but that pissed me off.

He talked about the war on terror, the demise of family values, the rights of the unborn and a host of other conservative agenda points. Hardly once did he talk about government spending and increased taxation. If I'd been a liberal who was pissed about increased government spending, I'd have been really upset that a cause I supported had been hijacked.

Later on, some of the speakers covered this in depth and made what I though were some very good points. But, if I hadn't been with my family (many of whom were looking at each other and saying "This is kinda off topic isn't it" or words to that effect), I would have left long before the relevant pieces were ever discussed. As it is, I'm glad I stayed and glad I am now able to comment on the tea parties with some degree of understanding that I didn't get through Fox or CNN.

I don't think the tea party organizers are doing themselves any favors with this sort of approach. They are also providing ammunition to their detractors, which is a shame.

There's a saying in advertising. Throw someone a ball and they'll probably catch it. Throw someone five and they'll probably drop the lot. By trying to get across multiple messages, I believe the tea parties (if the Port Huron one is indicative of the national approach) are likely to fail to get across the one they believe is most important, which I think is a terrible shame.

White Supremacists May Attempt To Co-Opt July 4 "Tea Parties" To Promote A Hateful Agenda

"New York, NY, July 2, 2009 ... White supremacists and neo-Nazi hate groups plan to take advantage of the anti-tax "Tea Parties" set to occur in more than 1,000 cities and localities over the July 4 holiday weekend to disseminate racist fliers and other materials and attempt to recruit others to their cause, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)."

Farther up on this thread you roll your eyes at those who see these teabagging events as racist. A man is often (justly or not) considered in connection with the company he keeps. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, if you find yourself in the company of people who make you uncomfortable, it might be time to re-think the thoughts that brought you into their company. There might be something at the root that isn't quite kosher. Or ADA approved, whatever.

yeah! you got that shit right and I judge your guy by Jeramiah Wright, Louis Farakkam, ACORN the Black Panthers, Ayers, Rizzco, Kawame Kilpatrick, the former Gov. of Chichargo :lol::eusa_shhh: you know pretty boy with the hair,, and the new guy who tried to buy his senate seat and was caught lying about it,, god some nasty nefarious characters.. and you voted for his radical azz. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

07-05-2009.NMC_05teaparty_Product.GAV2LBPII.1.jpg

Tea party protest at Southfork Ranch sparsely attended

Why would anyone join you whiners? Cry babies all. To repeat ad infinitum where were you whining children when Bush was spending billions weekly on an illegal war that killed thousands of innocent people and our own good people? Where were you then? Today you whining losers have nothing better to do as your policies and administration failed. If you had an ounce of sense and honesty you'd stfu. Hypocrite thy name is tea party whiner, aka republican, aka conservative, aka libertarian.

"...that constitution of our nature which makes us feel more intensely what affects us directly than what affects us indirectly through others, necessarily leads to conflict between individuals. Each, in consequence, has a greater regard for his own safety or happiness, than for the safety or happiness of others; and, where these come in opposition, is ready to sacrifice the interests of others to his own. And hence, the tendency to a universal state of conflict, between individual and individual; accompanied by the connected passions of suspicion, jealousy, anger and revenge — followed by insolence, fraud and cruelty — and, if not prevented by some controlling power, ending in a state of universal discord and confusion, destructive of the social state and the ends for which it is ordained. This controlling power, wherever vested, or by whomsoever exercised, is GOVERNMENT."

more Neo-leftist bullshit from Midcant.....i pick up piles of this jerk everyday in my backyard....

I just came back from the Tea Party in Port Huron. I thought I was just going out for a picnic with my wife and her family - turned out it was a tea picnic. Meh.

While I support the agenda that the tea parties are supposed to be about, there was far too much at today's event that had nothing to do with the issue at hand as far as I was concerned. All this despite the very first speaker going out of her way to tell us that this was a non partizan event, not aligned with one group of another.

Having heard that, the first guy (a preacher) then rattled on for half an hour using quotes from the bible to describe the "evil" we are now facing and the "peril" we are now in. I'm a Christian, but that pissed me off.

He talked about the war on terror, the demise of family values, the rights of the unborn and a host of other conservative agenda points. Hardly once did he talk about government spending and increased taxation. If I'd been a liberal who was pissed about increased government spending, I'd have been really upset that a cause I supported had been hijacked.

Later on, some of the speakers covered this in depth and made what I though were some very good points. But, if I hadn't been with my family (many of whom were looking at each other and saying "This is kinda off topic isn't it" or words to that effect), I would have left long before the relevant pieces were ever discussed. As it is, I'm glad I stayed and glad I am now able to comment on the tea parties with some degree of understanding that I didn't get through Fox or CNN.

I don't think the tea party organizers are doing themselves any favors with this sort of approach. They are also providing ammunition to their detractors, which is a shame.

There's a saying in advertising. Throw someone a ball and they'll probably catch it. Throw someone five and they'll probably drop the lot. By trying to get across multiple messages, I believe the tea parties (if the Port Huron one is indicative of the national approach) are likely to fail to get across the one they believe is most important, which I think is a terrible shame.

White Supremacists May Attempt To Co-Opt July 4 "Tea Parties" To Promote A Hateful Agenda

"New York, NY, July 2, 2009 ... White supremacists and neo-Nazi hate groups plan to take advantage of the anti-tax "Tea Parties" set to occur in more than 1,000 cities and localities over the July 4 holiday weekend to disseminate racist fliers and other materials and attempt to recruit others to their cause, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)."

Farther up on this thread you roll your eyes at those who see these teabagging events as racist. A man is often (justly or not) considered in connection with the company he keeps. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, if you find yourself in the company of people who make you uncomfortable, it might be time to re-think the thoughts that brought you into their company. There might be something at the root that isn't quite kosher. Or ADA approved, whatever.

Hmmm. OK, I understand the point you're aiming at and, if one believes the NYT article there might be something to it. However, I can only speak for the event I blundered into.

There was no white supremacist or racist agenda. There were no fliers of the sort the article describes (the only handout was a letter from Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm). There was in fact no visible white supremacist presence that I could tell.

The reason I "roll my eyes" is that on the basis of articles like the one you have quoted, some (or even many) people seem perfectly willing to dismiss the tea parties as racist events. Indeed, you have brought the subject up in direct response to a post of mine where I described, albeit broadly, the subject matter of the speeches made, when in not one place did I mention white supremacists. This could indicate that you are prepared to take the New York Times' view as more accurate or representative than mine. That's OK, I'm not a reporter, though I do find it slightly saddening that my effort to provide a personal view of the substance of one tea party is so summarily dismissed.

I must say however that it must be nice (for those who wish to dismiss the tea parties as somehow tainted) to be able to fall back on the "infiltrated by white supremacists" argument, or the "orchestrated by Fox" argument, or the "controlled by the Christian right" argument. I'm not a racist, I rarely if ever watch Fox and I generally can't stand religious fundamentalism. But it's a damn sight easier to dismiss my views as "tainted" than it is to listen to my concerns about public spending and treat me like a lucid, reasonable and fairly intelligent adult. This seems to be the current modus operandi of both political parties - as such, this board is a perfect reflection of the real world of politics, more's the pity.

Lastly, on to your comments about the company I keep. There is a little known rhyme about that sort of thing which I've always liked, which goes:

One evening in October, when I was one-third sober,
An' taking home a load with manly pride;
My poor feet began to stutter, so I lay down in the gutter,
And a pig came up an' lay down by my side;
Then we sang: "It's all fair weather when good fellows get together",
Till a lady passing by was heard to say:
"You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses."
And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

You are right. Generally, one can tell something about character by the associations that people form, and I considered that as I sat there yesterday wondering what the people driving past on I-94 might be thinking.

Your post above has given me a slightly better idea. They were possibly thinking I was a white supremacist. That said, I know the company I chose, and they all seemed like pleasant people. Those driving past may have had their views on the company I chose erroneously shaped by outside forces such as the media. Which of these best describes how you have formed your view?

I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.

Talk to the Hillary.

well, i see 2 morons said they were all racists

Yeah. You've got to laugh really. :cuckoo:

I put that question in there for a reason. I wanted to see how many complete nutbags we have in this forum.

It looks like its 31% of this forum that are completely ignorant and like to keep their heads in the sand when confronted with the truth.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win -Ghandi

Does the state or federal government run your town fire department, police department, or public school?

State or federal does it matter? Either way the government has proven it cant run anything.

Look to social security. Its a simple savings plan that the federal govt turned into a ponzie scheme, exactly in the same manner as Madoff and his scandal.

So to me, that sign is spot on, the govt cant run things as simple as the dmv or as simple as a savings account and we think they can handle something as complex as medicine?

Does the state or federal government run your town fire department, police department, or public school?
nope
run by the local government

Likewise, your hospital would remain under local control.

Well considering my state ALREADY HAS this health plan maybe you should look at how its working out here.

Longer waits at hospital
Less services for low income families
A 2 billion dollar budget defecit in place of a budget surplus
Increased taxes on our private health insurance plans to help pay for the care
A raise in our sales tax by 25%
A proposed tax on perscription drugs

I could go on. Trust me you dont want this plan to hit the nation.

Did you hear about the federal proposal to charge you $1000 if you dont have health insurance. We have had that here in MA since the mandatory universal health coverage came out.

Anyways even if you dont think any of that is bad stuff let me ask you a question

Do you trust the govt to handle your health care? If yes then my only option is to agree to disagree.

I was writing email sending faxes and making phone calls about bush's ridiculous deficit spending thank you very much.

My first protest ever was to go out and voice my disapproval for the bailouts before bush signed them. When Obama and McCain both signed off on the bailout i decided to back Bob Barr for president.

So take that, put it in your self-Righteous pipe, and smoke it :funnyface:

Forum List

Back