4th of July invitation for Janeane Garofalo

Did you go to a TEA party event (votes public)

• Total voters
well, i see 2 morons said they were all racists

Yeah. You've got to laugh really. :cuckoo:
yup
while there might be some racists that would attend the event(just as i bet a bunch went to the DNC convention) the vast majority are fine upstanding citizens

Fiscal policy not really a racist's thing is it?

Immigration policy, now there's a different matter. Imagine an immigration tea party.

Last edited:
yup
while there might be some racists that would attend the event(just as i bet a bunch went to the DNC convention) the vast majority are fine upstanding citizens

A racist and a fine upstanding citizen are not mutually exclusive.
really?
please do elaborate

An upstanding citizen is law-abiding, hard working and tax paying. You don't have to say or do anything racist to be a racist.

I don't think we had any tea parties this 4th--but on April 15th it was huge. I expect a much bigger crowd next April 15th.

I think most "tea-partiers" had other plans for the 4th--family-friends-bar-b-q's--plus in my opinion it's kind of hard in my mind anyway to be a protestor on independance day. So the crowds were probably a lot smaller than they were than on April 15th.

The think the TEA parties are a great idea, sadly though they don't go far enough, we need to toss more than just tea!

I just came back from the Tea Party in Port Huron. I thought I was just going out for a picnic with my wife and her family - turned out it was a tea picnic. Meh.

While I support the agenda that the tea parties are supposed to be about, there was far too much at today's event that had nothing to do with the issue at hand as far as I was concerned. All this despite the very first speaker going out of her way to tell us that this was a non partizan event, not aligned with one group of another.

Having heard that, the first guy (a preacher) then rattled on for half an hour using quotes from the bible to describe the "evil" we are now facing and the "peril" we are now in. I'm a Christian, but that pissed me off.

He talked about the war on terror, the demise of family values, the rights of the unborn and a host of other conservative agenda points. Hardly once did he talk about government spending and increased taxation. If I'd been a liberal who was pissed about increased government spending, I'd have been really upset that a cause I supported had been hijacked.

Later on, some of the speakers covered this in depth and made what I though were some very good points. But, if I hadn't been with my family (many of whom were looking at each other and saying "This is kinda off topic isn't it" or words to that effect), I would have left long before the relevant pieces were ever discussed. As it is, I'm glad I stayed and glad I am now able to comment on the tea parties with some degree of understanding that I didn't get through Fox or CNN.

I don't think the tea party organizers are doing themselves any favors with this sort of approach. They are also providing ammunition to their detractors, which is a shame.

There's a saying in advertising. Throw someone a ball and they'll probably catch it. Throw someone five and they'll probably drop the lot. By trying to get across multiple messages, I believe the tea parties (if the Port Huron one is indicative of the national approach) are likely to fail to get across the one they believe is most important, which I think is a terrible shame.

White Supremacists May Attempt To Co-Opt July 4 "Tea Parties" To Promote A Hateful Agenda

"New York, NY, July 2, 2009 ... White supremacists and neo-Nazi hate groups plan to take advantage of the anti-tax "Tea Parties" set to occur in more than 1,000 cities and localities over the July 4 holiday weekend to disseminate racist fliers and other materials and attempt to recruit others to their cause, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)."

Farther up on this thread you roll your eyes at those who see these teabagging events as racist. A man is often (justly or not) considered in connection with the company he keeps. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, if you find yourself in the company of people who make you uncomfortable, it might be time to re-think the thoughts that brought you into their company. There might be something at the root that isn't quite kosher. Or ADA approved, whatever.

I just came back from the Tea Party in Port Huron. I thought I was just going out for a picnic with my wife and her family - turned out it was a tea picnic. Meh.

While I support the agenda that the tea parties are supposed to be about, there was far too much at today's event that had nothing to do with the issue at hand as far as I was concerned. All this despite the very first speaker going out of her way to tell us that this was a non partizan event, not aligned with one group of another.

Having heard that, the first guy (a preacher) then rattled on for half an hour using quotes from the bible to describe the "evil" we are now facing and the "peril" we are now in. I'm a Christian, but that pissed me off.

He talked about the war on terror, the demise of family values, the rights of the unborn and a host of other conservative agenda points. Hardly once did he talk about government spending and increased taxation. If I'd been a liberal who was pissed about increased government spending, I'd have been really upset that a cause I supported had been hijacked.

Later on, some of the speakers covered this in depth and made what I though were some very good points. But, if I hadn't been with my family (many of whom were looking at each other and saying "This is kinda off topic isn't it" or words to that effect), I would have left long before the relevant pieces were ever discussed. As it is, I'm glad I stayed and glad I am now able to comment on the tea parties with some degree of understanding that I didn't get through Fox or CNN.

I don't think the tea party organizers are doing themselves any favors with this sort of approach. They are also providing ammunition to their detractors, which is a shame.

There's a saying in advertising. Throw someone a ball and they'll probably catch it. Throw someone five and they'll probably drop the lot. By trying to get across multiple messages, I believe the tea parties (if the Port Huron one is indicative of the national approach) are likely to fail to get across the one they believe is most important, which I think is a terrible shame.

White Supremacists May Attempt To Co-Opt July 4 "Tea Parties" To Promote A Hateful Agenda

"New York, NY, July 2, 2009 ... White supremacists and neo-Nazi hate groups plan to take advantage of the anti-tax "Tea Parties" set to occur in more than 1,000 cities and localities over the July 4 holiday weekend to disseminate racist fliers and other materials and attempt to recruit others to their cause, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)."

Farther up on this thread you roll your eyes at those who see these teabagging events as racist. A man is often (justly or not) considered in connection with the company he keeps. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, if you find yourself in the company of people who make you uncomfortable, it might be time to re-think the thoughts that brought you into their company. There might be something at the root that isn't quite kosher. Or ADA approved, whatever.
first off, bitch, it isnt teabaggers

second, if they show up they wont be welcomed

The Tea Bag affair is much like some of the events I went to before and after the Iraq invasion. I was completely against the war and that was supposed to be the focus. But after a couple events, it was just bunch of 9/11 truthers, the more extreme types that really hurt your position more than they help.

Same with the Tea Baggers.

It really is third party time. Has been for a while.

The Tea Bag affair is much like some of the events I went to before and after the Iraq invasion. I was completely against the war and that was supposed to be the focus. But after a couple events, it was just bunch of 9/11 truthers, the more extreme types that really hurt your position more than they help.

Same with the Tea Baggers.

It really is third party time. Has been for a while.
come on willy
they arent tea baggers
have some self respect

Forum List

Back