.44 magnum is not a self defense round

I've owned a S&W Model 29 with a 6" barrel and a couple Ruger Blackhawks in .44 mag and .41 mag.

Only .44 I have right now is a Uberti Cattleman. It's fun to shoot but I make light loads to keep from wearing it out. The thing is brutal with full factory loads...

cattleman2.jpg

Or is it?

One crack of a $15 wooden baseball bat, and all those guns are mine, grandpa...

Only if your bat is longer than 15 feet. I have some bad news for you sunshine. You can't swing a 15-foot bat all that fast.

I know how to step in on a baseball bat and clock your ass! True Story.

Yeah, I do too. But he qualified it by, "sneaking up on us". Now how did I know that would be a leftist thing?

Oh, that's right. Cowardice runs in their mentality.

Or is it?

You can use any gun for self defense.

True. Shot placement matters. You could conceivably use a .22 of you connected up with the heart or a nerve center. But even a heart shot can take time to bleed out. I've heard of deer being shot through the heart with a 30-30 and running until they collapsed.

Or is it?

True. Shot placement matters. You could conceivably use a .22 of you connected up with the heart or a nerve center. But even a heart shot can take time to bleed out. I've heard of deer being shot through the heart with a 30-30 and running until they collapsed.

That's happened a time or two. I'd rather take a deer with a .22 to the head, but I'm probably a minority.

Or is it?

That's happened a time or two. I'd rather take a deer with a .22 to the head, but I'm probably a minority.

The Israeli IDF uses suppressed Ruger 10/22 rifles to kneecap rock-throwing Palestinian protesters from a distance, when they get too froggy. It's like they rear back to throw a rock and then their leg gives out and they fall to the ground.

:laughing0301:

Or is it?

One crack of a $15 wooden baseball bat, and all those guns are mine, grandpa...

Only if your bat is longer than 15 feet. I have some bad news for you sunshine. You can't swing a 15-foot bat all that fast.

I know how to step in on a baseball bat and clock your ass! True Story.

Yeah, I do too. But he qualified it by, "sneaking up on us". Now how did I know that would be a leftist thing?

Oh, that's right. Cowardice runs in their mentality.

I read this story once. It was under a column called “It happened to me”, but I don’t remember the publication. Anyway, there was this phillipno dude fishing on a pier in Long Beach California. The dude was 78 years old. Six pieces of Mexican illegal trash walked up and decided to take his money, and he gave it to them, but when the beaners went to take his fishing gear he had had enough. Old man got to work with a 12” Rapella fillet knife and absolutely sliced the pile of Mexican trash to ribbons. Between the 6 there were 400+ stitches. Apparently the old fella had a clue on how to work a knife. It’s good not to take anyone for granted. I know chicks who would likely take dudes baseball bat from him and fuck him with it.

Or is it?

Nope, I have seen it done many times. Best times for that is when the fawns alenalmost yearlings. Less body and enough tender yummy meat, and that .22 don’t damage meat.

Most confrontations where a firearm for self defense could reasonably be effective are over quickly. Fifteen rounds and extra clips...excuse me, what a horrible mistake...magazines...is being prepared for war.
My .357 Security Six would be more than enough for anything probable.

Most confrontations where a firearm for self defense could reasonably be effective are over quickly. Fifteen rounds and extra clips...excuse me, what a horrible mistake...magazines...is being prepared for war.

Those are nice guns. I used to carry a 6" one in the woods.

Now I got a 4" Model 10, eh, meh.

Or is it?

Nope, I have seen it done many times. Best times for that is when the fawns alenalmost yearlings. Less body and enough tender yummy meat, and that .22 don’t damage meat.

Shutting it down instantly with a headshot makes the meat sweeter/less gamey.

I only keep one magazine loaded in the Glock. .357 puts allot of folks off, but it’s a fact, in sheer power in a practical CCW round .357 is bad ass.

Long as he diddnt get 6 rounds of full house 180 grain in your chest!
Of course he wouldn't. I am not stupid. Despite grandpa gunslinger's odd little fantasies, people don't slowly walk up to you and tell you they are going to knock your ass out to rob you. And anyway, it's more likely I'll be the one acting in self defense, when he has a little hissy and reaches for his hip cannon.

yep, one quick swing... grandpa's brains on the wall, all his guns in my pockets.
Ya , I will take that challenge any day ! You bring a baseball bat to rob me when armed with my 45 you die period!

Long as he diddnt get 6 rounds of full house 180 grain in your chest!
Of course he wouldn't. I am not stupid. Despite grandpa gunslinger's odd little fantasies, people don't slowly walk up to you and tell you they are going to knock your ass out to rob you. And anyway, it's more likely I'll be the one acting in self defense, when he has a little hissy and reaches for his hip cannon.

yep, one quick swing... grandpa's brains on the wall, all his guns in my pockets.

You know nothing about situational awareness, judging someone's character by their demeanor, they way they're acting, or where their hands are. Most people who carry don't walk down the street with their face in a phone, texting messages.

Trust me, I know about this. All it took was pushing back my coat and putting my had on the visible pistol, and they made a nice wide detour around me.
Of course, that's a lie and never happened. But I would definitely sneak up on you and crack you one, then take what i wanted....if i chose to do so.
You are having delusions of adequacy again, kid.

Forum List

Back