Got a Lot of Pressure Washing to Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Tired of paying $600/yr to get all the walkways, driveway walls, patio, stairs pressured washed. Noticed I could buy 1 and half pressure washers for that. So I'm shopping tomorrow locally.

Any recommendations? I'm looking at Generac and a Craftsman/Honda models. Since I'm totally pissed about the pile of small engine chain saws, pole saws, weed whackers in my garage that broke after 10 or 12 uses, I'm very gun shy about buying a "government mandated" power tool anymore. They just don't last. Which MAY have more to do with buying them from Home Depot or Lowes, then the actual govt restrictions that are make them hard to maintain.

Any body in love with a pressure washer brand or model?

Tired of paying $600/yr to get all the walkways, driveway walls, patio, stairs pressured washed. Noticed I could buy 1 and half pressure washers for that. So I'm shopping tomorrow locally.

Any recommendations? I'm looking at Generac and a Craftsman/Honda models. Since I'm totally pissed about the pile of small engine chain saws, pole saws, weed whackers in my garage that broke after 10 or 12 uses, I'm very gun shy about buying a "government mandated" power tool anymore. They just don't last. Which MAY have more to do with buying them from Home Depot or Lowes, then the actual govt restrictions that are make them hard to maintain.

Pressure Washers Top Sellers

(536)
Simpson MegaShot 3200 PSI (Gas-Cold Water)...
$399.00
$359.10

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

That's in the right class and price range. But I don't know Jack about Simpson and don't know if Simpson knows how to make small engines run for more than a dozen uses.. It's really sad how bad the reliability is of EVERY small engine I've bought in the 5 or 6 years.

Please explain how a power tool is government mandated and what government restrictions make them hard to maintain?

FWIW...I have a Karcher that has really lasted...15 years old and still starts first pull. Briggs & Stratton engine.

If they are as well built today as they were back then...

Home Depot carries them.

My Honda is like 15 years old, get used at least a couple.times a year, and still works great. Starts easy too.

Please explain how a power tool is government mandated and what government restrictions make them hard to maintain?

Tha corn gas screws up engines, I know that much.

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

That's in the right class and price range. But I don't know Jack about Simpson and don't know if Simpson knows how to make small engines run for more than a dozen uses.. It's really sad how bad the reliability is of EVERY small engine I've bought in the 5 or 6 years.
Simpson features Honda engines. They're pretty reliable.

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

Same engines that Craftsman uses. Think I'm gonna go to a real "small engine" shop on Monday and see what they are backing up. Home Depot and Lowes don't seem to care.

Just that a chain saw is used for maybe 10 or 30 minutes. But one of these has to run for hours at a time. I like the idea of Generac -- because they are the leader in emergency generators. And they have a couple in the price range.

KATCHER FROM GERMANY,if you can get them,hot or cold or steam adjustable pressure option(very useful) also sucks(not Cock) but wet and moisture...Brilliant...steve

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

Same engines that Craftsman uses. Think I'm gonna go to a real "small engine" shop on Monday and see what they are backing up. Home Depot and Lowes don't seem to care.

Just that a chain saw is used for maybe 10 or 30 minutes. But one of these has to run for hours at a time. I like the idea of Generac -- because they are the leader in emergency generators. And they have a couple in the price range.

Ads

The ethanol causes fuel to congeal, which requires tearing down the carby and tank.
BUT, only if you leave it sitting around for months.
Best to use straight gas, and, if your engine starts, but only runs for a few seconds, it will probably be the fuel line is cracked, and you will need to replace it with something better, like a silicon line.

KATCHER FROM GERMANY,if you can get them,hot or cold or steam adjustable pressure option(very useful) also sucks(not Cock) but wet and moisture...Brilliant...steve

Can't remember seeing them here in the US last time I looked. Maybe I just disregarded the name. But Hey -- it sounds great if I can find it. Must be distributed somewhere here if they sell it on your little island. :poke:

The ethanol causes fuel to congeal, which requires tearing down the carby and tank.
Best to use straight gas, and, if your engine starts, but only runs for a few seconds, it will probably be the fuel line is cracked, and you will need to replace it with something better, like a silicon line.

Yep. I was going to go back and edit my post to explain that, but I figured pople would know what I meant.

I learned the lesson about leaving unused ethanol in the tanks over the winter. I must have replaced 3 leaf blowers and a couple of mowers before I figured out that the gas needed treated if you're gonna store it.

Put a little Stabil in each tank.

EPA started to regulate emissions out of anything UNDER 25 HP that burns gas back about 1996. Then in 2008 it upped the game to include freaking catalytic convertors on every weed or tree or grass whacking tool. They sealed up access to the air filters and carbs and made them virtually impossible to maintain or fix. And they DONT START now without "etherizing" accelerants" that you have to inject directly into the carb. It's totally overkill. My 1 hour with a chain saw is not gonna kill the fucking planet.

Emissions Standards Tightened

Put a little Stabil in each tank.

Now I not only have to have the $16/per gallon pre-mix without ethanol, but I've got a shelf of stabilizers and "etherizers" to even fuel and start the crap.

Both the engine destroying ethanol and the starting and life issues are brought to you by Washington DC. The same fine designers of toilets and lightbulbs that every loyal citizen should prefer.. That's why my driveway lights don't illuminate my brown brick house or driveway anymore. :cranky: :cranky: :cranky:

Can't remember seeing them here in the US last time I looked. Maybe I just disregarded the name. But Hey -- it sounds great if I can find it. Must be distributed somewhere here if they sell it on your little island. :poke:

Pretty sure that's a typo...he's talking about the same brand I have...

Karcher Performance Series 3000 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer-1.107-280.0 - The Home Depot

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

Same here. Ive managed to kill 5 push mowers in 3 years...

Well being a cheap bastard, I don't buy gasoline equipment any more, you have to be a small engine mechanic to get your monies worth out of them. I've got a Harbor Freight 1900psi electric, does everything I need it to do for about $90.00. I've had it a couple of years, if it breaks I'll just buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back