40 shot so far IN Chicago this Memorial Day weekend

It's only 7:40AM there on Sunday now and 40 shot so far.

40 people shot so far this Memorial Day weekend in Chicago
Did you read this link? It's a war zone in Chicago. They need to bring in the National Guard. or something.

Nah, let them thin the herd. It's a benefit to society
Sometimes out of sheer frustration, I think the same thing. There has to be a better way, though. They're human. Some of them were probably just walking to a neighbor's, or to the bus, or to buy a gallon of milk. I don't understand why this shit is allowed to go on. Unless the pols don't care anymore than you do.

Some of them were probably just walking to a neighbor's, or to the bus, or to buy a gallon of milk.

you see for the most part

these folks are not allowed to defend themselves

and must rely on the government to protect them

which usually shows up minutes to hours after they have been shot dead
Jon, do you think most of them even saw the shot coming? Probably not. The trick isn't to arm more people in Chicago. It is to DISARM the gangs and the kids who have the guns illegally.

wont happen

as long as there are gangs

there is going to be violence

the government is not going to solve the problem

certainly not by limiting the honest folks ability to defend themselves

i do agree that the issue is much larger then then guns

that is more of a complete breakdown of decent society

Build a prison in the middle of the Nevada Testing Grounds.

Convict a gangbanger of a crime involving firearms, 2 years minimum at that facility.

Sometimes out of sheer frustration, I think the same thing. There has to be a better way, though. They're human. Some of them were probably just walking to a neighbor's, or to the bus, or to buy a gallon of milk. I don't understand why this shit is allowed to go on. Unless the pols don't care anymore than you do.

Some of them were probably just walking to a neighbor's, or to the bus, or to buy a gallon of milk.

Jon, do you think most of them even saw the shot coming? Probably not. The trick isn't to arm more people in Chicago. It is to DISARM the gangs and the kids who have the guns illegally.

That's never going to happen. You can make laws all day long and it's never going to happen
We don't need more laws. We need to enforce the laws we've got. So, gangs and teenagers with their pants around their knees are beyond our ability to control? I don't think we've tried.

It all starts at home...sadly most of them don't have a decent home life. They are left to their own devices and get caught up in it

Did you read this link? It's a war zone in Chicago. They need to bring in the National Guard. or something.

wont happen

And why can't we do more to break up these gangs? The prison my son works at is full of them, and the majority of inmates there aren't getting out for a very long time, if ever. A complete break down of our ability to stop criminals is more the problem.

That's never going to happen. You can make laws all day long and it's never going to happen

criminals dont obey laws

only the law abiding does

wont happen

And why can't we do more to break up these gangs? The prison my son works at is full of them, and the majority of inmates there aren't getting out for a very long time, if ever. A complete break down of our ability to stop criminals is more the problem.

it takes a community to do that

there has been a few success stories over the years

it wasnt the government doing it

it was the people of the area that stepped in and took control

and ran the gangs off

wont happen

Well....cops break up these gangs. And we see the level of demoralization the left has brought onto our police. It's why gangs thrive in Mexico....their cops are useless.

wont happen

it takes a community to do that

there has been a few success stories over the years

it wasnt the government doing it

it was the people of the area that stepped in and took control

and ran the gangs off
The Hells Angels ran out the NYC gangs when they tried to set up shop here in the 80's. It can work, but it was pretty bloody.

There is many times the chance of dying from lighting strike, smoking in bed and falling out of bed than dying from a mass shooting...
Not if you live in South Chicago.
Yes, an area of some of the strictest gun control in country. More gun control = more violence.
You are great at criticizing. Tell us the answer, then. The constructive answer.
2016 Real Time Death Statistics in America

wont happen

Well....cops break up these gangs. And we see the level of demoralization the left has brought onto our police. It's why gangs thrive in Mexico....their cops are useless.
You know I agree with you that the media is putting cops in a hard place right now, but the ingrained racism in some of the forces was nothing to be proud of either. It is a delicate balancing act that has not been handled well by anyone, either side. In black communities, the majority of arrests will be of black people. Duh. Targeting them and harrassing them is not okay, though. Remember the unarmed guy who got shot in the back running after a "routine traffic stop" when a warrant for unpaid child support was found? He'd done jail time for it before and he STILL couldn't afford to pay child support, so he had another warrant. He panicked and ran. And died for it. Jesus, around here half the male population owes child support. Harder to target, though, since everyone's white.

You almost gotta laugh if it wasn't so tragic that the Chicago Tribune was worried about Trump being endorsed by the NRA while Chi town gang bangers are shooting everyone in sight.

There is many times the chance of dying from lighting strike, smoking in bed and falling out of bed than dying from a mass shooting...
Yes, an area of some of the strictest gun control in country. More gun control = more violence.
You are great at criticizing. Tell us the answer, then. The constructive answer.
Are you saying 40 civilians shot in 24 hours in one of our cities is okay because more die in accidents? This thread isn't about gun control. It's about law enforcement.

How did 38K die from alzhiemers in 3 mo?

You almost gotta laugh if it wasn't so tragic that the Chicago Tribune was worried about Trump being endorsed by the NRA while Chi town gang bangers are shooting everyone in sight.
Pretty myopic, I gotta admit.

How did 38K die from alzhiemers in 3 mo?
What Makes Alzheimer's a Deadly Disease?

Many people think of Alzheimer’s disease as a condition associated with memory loss and other cognitive decline. However, it’s considerably more complicated and serious than that. In fact, Alzheimer’s is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States, and, despite research efforts, it’s also among the top 10 diseases in the nation that cannot be prevented, reversed, or cured.

Death rates for many major diseases — including stroke, prostate cancer, breast cancer, and heart disease — actually declined between 2000 and 2008. But deaths from Alzheimer’s disease increased 66 percent during that period.

When Forgetfulness Turns Fatal
“Alzheimer's disease is a neurodegenerative disease, which is not reversible," says Muralidhar Reddy Moola, PhD, of the Scripps Research Institute in Jupiter, Fla. "As the disease progresses, an individual loses his memory as well as mental and physical function — it is this function loss that leads ultimately to death. Once the disease starts, we are able to slow the progression with currently available medications — but we can't stop it or reverse it."

It's only 7:40AM there on Sunday now and 40 shot so far.

40 people shot so far this Memorial Day weekend in Chicago
Hater here.....listen and I'm just keeping it real.....if you are not a relative or victim of this, why should anyone give a rats fuck about nigga's being shot or killed? They bring nothing to the black community, 9 out of 10 is housed with a white woman, this new generation treat bw like shit, they don't work, don't vote, could give a fuck about anybody, why should we or anybody for that matter care about these people? The only people at this point, who should worry about so many nigga's dying in this country, should be white women....so lets start a BlackLivesSplatter.....forum and rally there for ww and their prized niggas, shall we.

wont happen

You know I agree with you that the media is putting cops in a hard place right now, but the ingrained racism in some of the forces was nothing to be proud of either. It is a delicate balancing act that has not been handled well by anyone, either side. In black communities, the majority of arrests will be of black people. Duh. Targeting them and harrassing them is not okay, though. Remember the unarmed guy who got shot in the back running after a "routine traffic stop" when a warrant for unpaid child support was found? He'd done jail time for it before and he STILL couldn't afford to pay child support, so he had another warrant. He panicked and ran. And died for it. Jesus, around here half the male population owes child support. Harder to target, though, since everyone's white.

Cops going where the crime is....is not "racism".

Forum List

Back