40 shootings and 10 deaths in Chicago over Memorial weekend.....

[One of my sons wanted to be an electrician; a requirement was that he had completed high school Algieba. He has completed that plus Trig. three Calculus courses and Differential Equations - he simply likes working with his hands and doesn't want to teach. He was denied entry into the Union because he doesn't have one years experience. Our neighbor's son got in (and my son tutored him so he could pass the Algebra test) because his mom's uncle was a union electrician and verified one years work never done. Life ain't fair, get over it and stop whining about AA. It's still necessary because of people like you.

tell your son to hit up the local contractors Wry, the ibew's lumbering towards extinction, and all your son's friend will most likely do is sit the bench

~S~

That was several years ago, it soured him on that union. Today he's a teamster and enjoys good pay and good benefits - all of which are under attack by the far right.

What Grampa is asking is, where are the national black leaders.

Why are they in Florida for one killing, and not in Chicago for ten?

Because there is no up side for them. If they divert attention from victim-hood for blacks to crime where blacks are the victim of other blacks, they draw the ire of the black community...and pretty soon, they are no longer leaders...and their power abates...and the donations dry up.

Black leaders don't acknowledge black-on-black crime?

We Must Choose Nonviolence
by Rev. Jesse Jackson
Posted: 05/29/2012 10:48 am

Terror haunts the streets of our cities. Since 2008, more than 530 young people have been killed in Chicago. Almost four-fifths of these killings were in 22 African-American and Latino community areas on the city's South and Southwest sides.

Each year, across the country, about 7,000 African Americans are murdered, more than nine times out of 10 by other African Americans. Far more African Americans are killed on our streets than on foreign battlefields. If a foreign foe took these lives, we would mobilize armies and armadas to stop them. But here, because much of this violence is contained in racially concentrated neighborhoods, there is too much resignation and too little outrage. . .

Because there is no up side for them. If they divert attention from victim-hood for blacks to crime where blacks are the victim of other blacks, they draw the ire of the black community...and pretty soon, they are no longer leaders...and their power abates...and the donations dry up.

by Rev. Jesse Jackson

Terror haunts the streets of our cities. Since 2008, more than 530 young people have been killed in Chicago. Almost four-fifths of these killings were in 22 African-American and Latino community areas on the city's South and Southwest sides.

Each year, across the country, about 7,000 African Americans are murdered, more than nine times out of 10 by other African Americans. Far more African Americans are killed on our streets than on foreign battlefields. If a foreign foe took these lives, we would mobilize armies and armadas to stop them. But here, because much of this violence is contained in racially concentrated neighborhoods, there is too much resignation and too little outrage. . .

Guess they forgot when they made a beeline to Florida...eh?

a white guy shot to death a bucnh of people in a coffeehouse and then shot to death a woman for hre car.

sorry but without proper medical care peopledo henious shit sometimes.

Oh you only care about crime if you can find a balck perp huh?

New Iphone, or drunk?

Oooops:

Romney scuttled, revived Mass. affirmative action - Yahoo! News

Now we know why you support Romney. Did you know that ignorance is the father of prejudice and bigotry. No, of course not - that's simply a liberal conspiracy in your tiny little mind.

Great. Now let's hope he does it on a national level. The days for the need of affirmative action are long gone. Hiring and other activities based on skin color is as wrong and shallow as can be. Doesn't surprise me you would support such nonsense. It also is no surprise that you libs think blacks are so stupid that they need your handout to get ahead.

I know you're not very bright (dull in fact) but maybe if I put AA in some perspective it well break through your prejudices and bigotry (maybe, but doubtful).

Consider efforts by liberal organizations to aid former convicts, you know, the people who violated the public trust and were put in a costly cage to protect civilized society. You know, people like you. Well, some liberal organizations work to aid felons lead a productive life. So, don't be so hard on liberals, consider, you might still be in that cage costing the rest of us our hard earned money to feed, cloth and shelter you.

Now, liberal organizations are working hard to allow people like you an equal opportunity to secure employment, to break down barriers employers have in hiring those they consider as miscreants and perverts.

Liberal organizations? Only liberal organizations?

You really are a deluded hack.

Oooops:

Romney scuttled, revived Mass. affirmative action - Yahoo! News

Now we know why you support Romney. Did you know that ignorance is the father of prejudice and bigotry. No, of course not - that's simply a liberal conspiracy in your tiny little mind.

Great. Now let's hope he does it on a national level. The days for the need of affirmative action are long gone. Hiring and other activities based on skin color is as wrong and shallow as can be. Doesn't surprise me you would support such nonsense. It also is no surprise that you libs think blacks are so stupid that they need your handout to get ahead.

I know you're not very bright (dull in fact) but maybe if I put AA in some perspective it well break through your prejudices and bigotry (maybe, but doubtful).

Consider efforts by liberal organizations to aid former convicts, you know, the people who violated the public trust and were put in a costly cage to protect civilized society. You know, people like you. Well, some liberal organizations work to aid felons lead a productive life. So, don't be so hard on liberals, consider, you might still be in that cage costing the rest of us our hard earned money to feed, cloth and shelter you.

Now, liberal organizations are working hard to allow people like you an equal opportunity to secure employment, to break down barriers employers have in hiring those they consider as miscreants and perverts.

And WHO are they to 'allow' a fucking thing? You look like a fucking elistist hack.

That many less to deal with after the Civil War starts. Give thanks for small favors. The Right can take a page from Joe Stalin here. The Soviet Army got to within 40 miles of Warsaw and put out calls for the Polish Resistance to rise up against the Nazis which the Poles did. But the Soviet Army then halted where it was and didn't begin its advance again until after the Nazi's had slaughtered all the Polish Fighters, which Stalin had assumed would be pro Western anyway. Sure as Hell eliminated all the hassel the Russian's had executing those 10,000 Polish officers in the Katyn forest in 1940. Saved bullets, too.

by Rev. Jesse Jackson

So, what's he doing about it?

Where are the marches?

Where is the outrage?

Where's the media blitz?

Oh...that's in Florida...my mistake.

by Rev. Jesse Jackson

So, what's he doing about it?

Where are the marches?

Where is the outrage?

Where's the media blitz?

Oh...that's in Florida...my mistake.

You don't need to explain. Does Grandpa complain about White leaders in White on White crime? I never heard it.

Grew up on the south side of Chicago, Englewood and Canaryville, and by the time I left at 23 I had lost three friends, and I'm white. Maybe it has to do with poor people and poor neighborhoods?

It's a great opportunity for the so called minority leaders to step up and try to actually make a difference in their communities. Sadly that doesn't mesh with liberal politics.

Murked, the same can hold true for 'activists' turned celebrities of any race. I have heard Jackson speak out about intra racial violence, and have read what Sharpton has had to say. But, in large cities, perhaps we have all come accept these killings as "normal". One drug dealer kills another, or one spouse kills another. All races, creeds and colors. Your point remains valid however.

Grew up on the south side of Chicago, Englewood and Canaryville, and by the time I left at 23 I had lost three friends, and I'm white. Maybe it has to do with poor people and poor neighborhoods?

I don't live in the city, so I can't speak to that...but I've lived in some extremely poor rural towns...towns filled to the eaves with guns...and yet no one was EVER shot...much less killed.

I don't live in the city, so I can't speak to that...but I've lived in some extremely poor rural towns...towns filled to the eaves with guns...and yet no one was EVER shot...much less killed.

They have been in my small, rural town. And a man's body was burned in a car, intentionally, a block or so away from where I live. I do not live in the "bad" part of town either.

See, when bad things happen white people WANT black people to talk about that stuff and say things like "you guys are doing bad stuff, stop it".

But when black leaders talk about the bad stuff, they ask "What are they DOING about it?"

When black leaders do something about it, they say "Why are they so angry?, We are all Americans! They're being divisive by addressing a particular group"

Then black leaders are encouraged to do nothing because doing something is divisive.

This sums it up [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTXXOd_wxak]boy meets world x.mkv - YouTube[/ame]

See, when bad things happen white people WANT black people to talk about that stuff and say things like "you guys are doing bad stuff, stop it".

But when black leaders talk about the bad stuff, they ask "What are they DOING about it?"

When black leaders do something about it, they say "Why are they so angry?, We are all Americans! They're being divisive by addressing a particular group"

Then black leaders are encouraged to do nothing because doing something is divisive.

This sums it up boy meets world x.mkv - YouTube

The most recent killings in my area have been Caucasians killing each other. Drugs, jealousy, and revenge are not limited to one race.

This sums it up boy meets world x.mkv - YouTube

The most recent killings in my area have been Caucasians killing each other. Drugs, jealousy, and revenge are not limited to one race.

Yeah but it seems that Gramps wants black people to do things that he doesnt ask for from anyone else. Like someone else said you're going to find more crime in general in poor areas whether their white black or latino. But Gramps seems obsessed with telling blacks what they should do, should want and should act. Pompous ass

Posted this a long-long-long time ago, in fact, I think it was my first post to USMB.

I doubt if the links work anymore, but the information was accurate.

Guns don't kill people, Cities kill people.

I posted this in another thread a few days ago and no one bit so I'll ask those in favor of gun control here.

Why do the rural communities with twice as many legal gun owners and four times the owned firearms have 25 times less gun crime than urban communities?

Look here for firearm ownership study

Of the 22 Missouri counties with populations between 25K and 50K, having a combined population of 806,764 persons, there were 163 total firearm assaults and 2604 total assaults utilizing weapons of any kind.

MSHP stats for 22 rural Missouri counties (PDF)

During the same period, in only the city of St. Louis and the city of Kansas City contained within the state of Missouri (half is in Kansas of course), with a combined population of 793,587 persons, there were a total of 4,143 firearm assaults and 8986 total assaults utilizing weapons of any kind.

MSHP stats for St. Louis (PDF)

MSHP stats for KC, MO (PDF)

The 2006 stats on Missouri crime came from this website : Missouri State Highway Patrol Statisical Analysis Center, they are the most recent available.
The 2004 rural/urban chart came from this website : Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2004 study.

[One of my sons wanted to be an electrician; a requirement was that he had completed high school Algieba. He has completed that plus Trig. three Calculus courses and Differential Equations - he simply likes working with his hands and doesn't want to teach. He was denied entry into the Union because he doesn't have one years experience. Our neighbor's son got in (and my son tutored him so he could pass the Algebra test) because his mom's uncle was a union electrician and verified one years work never done. Life ain't fair, get over it and stop whining about AA. It's still necessary because of people like you.

tell your son to hit up the local contractors Wry, the ibew's lumbering towards extinction, and all your son's friend will most likely do is sit the bench

~S~

That was several years ago, it soured him on that union. Today he's a teamster and enjoys good pay and good benefits - all of which are under attack by the far right.

The only unions that I have heard the far right oppose are the public sector unions.

Forum List

Back