2 cups sugar
1 stick margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk
2 packages of swiss mis
a large spoonful of peanut butter

also needed, wax paper.
watch with a second hand

Lay out enough wax paper to cover 2 feetX 18 inches on the picknick table

measure out the oatmeal in a bowl and pour on the swiss miss and add the peanut butter on top. Place near the work area.

add the sugar, margarine, vanilla and milk to a deep large pot. Stir on hot coals until the mixture comes to a rolling boil. Stir over heat for 90-100 seconds. Take off the heat and add in the oatmeat-swiss miss- peanut butter and continue to stir until it is all mixed. When it is mixed together, take a spoon and maeasure out large spoonfulls of the mixture onto the wax paper. It is important to do this quickly, in less than 5 minutes.

after about 4 minutes the mixture begins to set, and by six minutes all the cookies should be set and ready to eat.

ration portions, as you are eating raw oatmeal. But it is very tasty.

Important caveats. You have to cook it at a rolling boil for at least 90 seconds, or the cookies will be crumbly. Do not cook it on the boil for more than 150 seconds, or the mixture will caramelize, and will be gooey and the flavor will suffer.

monster.JPG

For this season, I am leaving out the peanut butter (one of my son's friends has a peanut alergy) and I am adding peppermint candy to the sugar.

I crumble up 3 candy canes and let them soak in the milk for a bit before I turn on the stove.

The stuff comes to a boil sooner, but the resulting cookies are a bit crunchier.

requires
3 cups oatmeal (Quick oats are better)
2 cups sugar
1 stick margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk
2 packages of swiss mis
a large spoonful of peanut butter

also needed, wax paper.
watch with a second hand

Lay out enough wax paper to cover 2 feetX 18 inches on the picknick table

measure out the oatmeal in a bowl and pour on the swiss miss and add the peanut butter on top. Place near the work area.

add the sugar, margarine, vanilla and milk to a deep large pot. Stir on hot coals until the mixture comes to a rolling boil. Stir over heat for 90-100 seconds. Take off the heat and add in the oatmeat-swiss miss- peanut butter and continue to stir until it is all mixed. When it is mixed together, take a spoon and maeasure out large spoonfulls of the mixture onto the wax paper. It is important to do this quickly, in less than 5 minutes.

after about 4 minutes the mixture begins to set, and by six minutes all the cookies should be set and ready to eat.

ration portions, as you are eating raw oatmeal. But it is very tasty.

Important caveats. You have to cook it at a rolling boil for at least 90 seconds, or the cookies will be crumbly. Do not cook it on the boil for more than 150 seconds, or the mixture will caramelize, and will be gooey and the flavor will suffer.

monster.JPG

That's just wrong! Where is the chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I'm a peanut butterholic, but around these parts, no bake cookies are chocolate. I remember eating them in the grade school cafeteria back in the 60's.

so substitute Granola.

They are good.

Good idea!

In my experience, eating uncooked oatmeal will give you a stomachache.

Hey, whatever happened to Lucky Dan?

Hmmm, kids have been eating these with smiles on their faces for years.

Whenever I've had uncooked oatmeal it made my tumbly all grumbly. But I use old-fashioned oats. Perhaps the quick cook kind wouldn't do this? Hmmmm

I would melt some chocolate and drizzle it allll over those cookies.

My mom made those for us when we were little and I don't recall any gastro-ish problems. But ours were chocolate.

Mmmmmm ... chocolate. $lick.gif

They are chocolate. They just look pale because of the flash.

I just like adding stuff to the chocolate. Peanut butter for choice.

I made some tuesday night. They are popular with my son's band friends.

And kids have cast iron insides anyway.

They are chocolate. They just look pale because of the flash.

I just like adding stuff to the chocolate. Peanut butter for choice.

I made some tuesday night. They are popular with my son's band friends.

And kids have cast iron insides anyway.

Ahhhh, then you are forgiven. Carry on. :thup:

Forum List

Back