4 days till the greatest movie of all time!!

The first lie was that this had anything in particular to do with corporate greed. This was about a housing bubble that the government had been constructing since WWII finally collapsing as prices finally outstripped the ability of average Americans to pay for them.

That is hardly an example of a factual error, and you know it.

How about the lie that a government bailout of wall street is somehow capitalism at work...

The first lie was that this had anything in particular to do with corporate greed. This was about a housing bubble that the government had been constructing since WWII finally collapsing as prices finally outstripped the ability of average Americans to pay for them.

That is hardly an example of a factual error, and you know it.
But for the government's regulation allowing for sub-prime mortgages, none of that bubble would have occurred and none of the abuses of that market would have happened.

If there is one truth in the criticism of Michael Moore's documentaries, it is the old saw that has existed since Antigone, the birdbrains never ever address the issues, they do not even understand, or in some cases are not even aware of the issues. Living with mommy and daddy too long has made them dependent on others for their thoughts.

Notice none commented on whether America had become a plutocracy under Reagan/Bush? The statistics sure point to that as a fact. Jonathan Kim: ReThink Review: Capitalism: A Love Story -- A Must-See Subversion

"Another surprising disclosure is an internal Citigroup memo that claims that the US doesn't have an economy, but a "plutonomy" -- an economy based primarily on spending by the very rich..."

"So here I come to thee
Against my will; and surely do I trow
Thou dost not wish to see me. Still ’tis true
That no man loves the messenger of ill."
Antigone

But for[/B] the government's regulation allowing for sub-prime mortgages, none of that bubble would have occurred and none of the abuses of that market would have happened.

That is so wrong it defies the imagination.

How We Were Ruined & What We Can Do - The New York Review of Books
Archive: The Great Recession | vanityfair.com
The End - News Markets - Portfolio.com
Boston Review — Jeff Madrick: No New Tax Cuts
Boston Review — Dean Baker: Free Market Myth

But for the government's regulation allowing for sub-prime mortgages, none of that bubble would have occurred and none of the abuses of that market would have happened.

I suppose morons (and you) don't read their own sources (just the first one):
... maintain that the fault lies principally with the federal government, which since the 1990s and even earlier has been actively promoting mortgages for low-income Americans. This, he argues, led to the unsustainable frenzy of sub-prime mortgages in the 2000s.

... maintain that the fault lies principally with the federal government, which since the 1990s and even earlier has been actively promoting mortgages for low-income Americans. This, he argues, led to the unsustainable frenzy of sub-prime mortgages in the 2000s.
____

Well done - you dispatched some quick truth found within that libs own post.

Almost all of Moore's rants had nothing to do with actual capitalism but rather the effects of government regulatory abortions that caused the mess.

If anything, it is a testimony to how the government's role needs to be downsized considerably, not increased to the bloated proportions of Moore himself...

And here we are 9 pages into this thread without one "Quote From A Movie" and an irrefutable fact(a link to a reputable site would be nice) proving said quote to be a lie.
C'mon people...
Micheal Moore is a fat load and can be pretentious and annoying, but PROVE to me that he is a liar.
That's all I'm asking..

Last edited:
Michael Moore...:lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlYCVpPo1WQ&feature=related]YouTube - Peanut Butter Jelly Time[/ame]

____

Almost all of Moore's rants had nothing to do with actual capitalism but rather the effects of government regulatory abortions that caused the mess.

If anything, it is a testimony to how the government's role needs to be downsized considerably, not increased to the bloated proportions of Moore himself...
In addition, I do believe some are unclear on what 'but for' actually means. Oh well.

If anyone is interested in an excellent (non-partisan) analysis of the crash of the economy (I realize that is likely a pipe dream in a Michael Moore groupie thread), this is one of the best analyses I have seen: Recipe for Disaster: The Formula that Killed Wall Street

____

In addition, I do believe some are unclear on what 'but for' actually means. Oh well.

If anyone is interested in an excellent (non-partisan) analysis of the crash of the economy (I realize that is likely a pipe dream in a Michael Moore groupie thread), this is one of the best analyses I have seen: Recipe for Disaster: The Formula that Killed Wall Street

Thank you! I had not come across this article and that is a rare thing as my research normally would, or someone would send it to me...

after the BS in Bowling for Columbine.... guys a fraud .... spins every legitimate point............

Wow. Everyone's so angry.
As if Moore made a movie about you personally!

And I have yet to read is this thread an example of one of these "lies" you're all so mad about.
Go ahead, list a few...
Convince me.

Bowling for columbine was so one sided they could not keep the projector from falling over.....if you think that Mikey makes legitimate Documentaries that show the WHOLE story,like they should,then he has done his job with your gullible mind.....ca-ching!!!

"Crucially, Moore (or at least his researchers) has done a fine job in ferreting out the human stories behind the headlines. None of these is so horrifyingly absurd as the tale of the privatised youth detention centre in Pennsylvania, run with the help of a crooked local judge who railroaded kids through his court for a cut of the profits. Some 6,500 children were later found to have been wrongly convicted for such minor infractions as smoking pot and "throwing a piece of steak at my mom's boyfriend". The subsequent bill for their incarceration went directly to the taxpayer." Michael Moore's 'Capitalism' Flick Rips into Crimes of Wall Street | Movie Mix | AlterNet

hey genius....they were doing stuff like this to kids Centuries ago...all this shows is that they are still doing it....your posts are getting more ridiculous every time you show up....

If there is one truth in the criticism of Michael Moore's documentaries, it is the old saw that has existed since Antigone, the birdbrains never ever address the issues, they do not even understand, or in some cases are not even aware of the issues. Living with mommy and daddy too long has made them dependent on others for their thoughts.

and that ladies and gentleman...sums up this dipshit to a tee.....

And here we are 9 pages into this thread without one "Quote From A Movie" and an irrefutable fact(a link to a reputable site would be nice) proving said quote to be a lie.
C'mon people...
Micheal Moore is a fat load and can be pretentious and annoying, but PROVE to me that he is a liar.
That's all I'm asking..

hey Glenn....Columbine was Bullshit......he will say that 8 people were killed by a crazed gunman....and then try and Spin why a gun ban would have stopped this from happening....meanwhile, never showing why gun bans just dont seem to keep guns out of the crazed gunman's hands.....why is this?

Forum List

Back