30 Years And Counting!

Human Impacts on Climate

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system--including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons--are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. Global average surface temperatures increased on average by about 0.6°C over the period 1956--2006.

As of 2006, eleven of the previous twelve years were warmer than any others since 1850. The observed rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice is expected to continue and lead to the disappearance of summertime ice within this century. Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities. Recent changes in many physical and biological systems are linked with this regional climate change. A sustained research effort, involving many AGU members and summarized in the 2007 assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, continues to improve our scientific understanding of the climate.

During recent millennia of relatively stable climate, civilization became established and populations have grown rapidly. In the next 50 years, even the lower limit of impending climate change--an additional global mean warming of 1°C above the last decade--is far beyond the range of climate variability experienced during the past thousand years and poses global problems in planning for and adapting to it. Warming greater than 2°C above 19th century levels is projected to be disruptive, reducing global agricultural productivity, causing widespread loss of biodiversity, and--if sustained over centuries--melting much of the Greenland ice sheet with ensuing rise in sea level of several meters. If this 2°C warming is to be avoided, then our net annual emissions of CO2must be reduced by more than 50 percent within this century. With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. Given the uncertainty in climate projections, there can be surprises that may cause more dramatic disruptions than anticipated from the most probable model projections.

American Geophysical Union Revises Position On Climate Change

The American Geophysical Society's statement on global warming. Unequivocal statement. The AGU has more climate scientists among it's members than any other Scientific Society in the world. But you ignoramouses think that you know more than these scientists. And most of your yammering is based on the rants of an obese junky on the AM radio, or the spews of a fake British Lord. LOL

We are leaving the last ice age you stupid fuck
Not at all, you idiot asshole. Why don't you do a little research instead flapping your stupid yap with zero evidence to back your bullshit.

Now a new study hopes to settle the issue by arguing that data points to the fact that Earth's climate has been warming over the past 10,000 years - long before human activity is thought to have changed the climate.

1407933246541_wps_4_holoceneconundrum_jpg.jpg

+3
A study last year (shown by the blue lines) said that temperatures in the Holocene maximum (8000 – 9000 years ago) - cooled by 0.5°C. But climate models (yellow and black) suggest that the planet should have gradually warmed by about the same amount during that period

It argues that previous research that showed a cooling trend was wrong because it used contradictory ice core data.

The research was undertaken by University of Wisconsin-Madison's Professor Zhengyu Liu.

Read more: Earth has been getting hotter for the past 10,000 YEARS, contradicting studies that humans started global warming | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Note that we peaked out at about 8000 years ago, and have slowly been declining until the start of the Industrial Revolution. That is in agreement with the Milankovic Cycles.

Its the same conversation I have with folks over Obama care.. nope sorry I will mess with the IRS first I will find every loop hole..i am not paying..

I am not paying because you are scared.. that's not happening..
Then I hope that the Republican solution is applied to you. "Let him die, let him die".

Human Impacts on Climate

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system--including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons--are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. Global average surface temperatures increased on average by about 0.6°C over the period 1956--2006.

As of 2006, eleven of the previous twelve years were warmer than any others since 1850. The observed rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice is expected to continue and lead to the disappearance of summertime ice within this century. Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities. Recent changes in many physical and biological systems are linked with this regional climate change. A sustained research effort, involving many AGU members and summarized in the 2007 assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, continues to improve our scientific understanding of the climate.

During recent millennia of relatively stable climate, civilization became established and populations have grown rapidly. In the next 50 years, even the lower limit of impending climate change--an additional global mean warming of 1°C above the last decade--is far beyond the range of climate variability experienced during the past thousand years and poses global problems in planning for and adapting to it. Warming greater than 2°C above 19th century levels is projected to be disruptive, reducing global agricultural productivity, causing widespread loss of biodiversity, and--if sustained over centuries--melting much of the Greenland ice sheet with ensuing rise in sea level of several meters. If this 2°C warming is to be avoided, then our net annual emissions of CO2must be reduced by more than 50 percent within this century. With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. Given the uncertainty in climate projections, there can be surprises that may cause more dramatic disruptions than anticipated from the most probable model projections.

American Geophysical Union Revises Position On Climate Change

The American Geophysical Society's statement on global warming. Unequivocal statement. The AGU has more climate scientists among it's members than any other Scientific Society in the world. But you ignoramouses think that you know more than these scientists. And most of your yammering is based on the rants of an obese junky on the AM radio, or the spews of a fake British Lord. LOL

We are leaving the last ice age you stupid fuck
Not at all, you idiot asshole. Why don't you do a little research instead flapping your stupid yap with zero evidence to back your bullshit.

Now a new study hopes to settle the issue by arguing that data points to the fact that Earth's climate has been warming over the past 10,000 years - long before human activity is thought to have changed the climate.

1407933246541_wps_4_holoceneconundrum_jpg.jpg

+3
A study last year (shown by the blue lines) said that temperatures in the Holocene maximum (8000 – 9000 years ago) - cooled by 0.5°C. But climate models (yellow and black) suggest that the planet should have gradually warmed by about the same amount during that period

It argues that previous research that showed a cooling trend was wrong because it used contradictory ice core data.

The research was undertaken by University of Wisconsin-Madison's Professor Zhengyu Liu.

Read more: Earth has been getting hotter for the past 10,000 YEARS, contradicting studies that humans started global warming | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Note that we peaked out at about 8000 years ago, and have slowly been declining until the start of the Industrial Revolution. That is in agreement with the Milankovic Cycles.

So you admit it..

And you refuse to tell me what you want..

download (4).jpg

Old rocks you bitch about glaciers melting well no shit Sherlock...they have been melting for over 10,000 years ..

If you get off your fat ass you can see the remains of boulders in Illinois from the glaciers..what do you think this happened over night?

View attachment 162684

Come on old rocks how did this bolder get on this field , did the Indians have bull dossiers now?
You are one fucking idiot. I not only know far more than you about glaciers and continental glaciations, I have had to good fortune to trace on of the premier events of the end of the last glaciation from Montana to the Pacific Ocean, on several pathways.

4 200 courses in Geology, 3 300 courses, and one 470/570 course. And I have read the journal Geology since I was in my 20's. Yes, I know a great deal about the ice ages. If you ever get beyond 3rd grade science, get back with me.

\If you get off your fat ass you can see the remains of boulders in Illinois from the glaciers..what do you think this happened over night?

And you're about as smart as those boulders.

The fact that forest fires have occurred naturally does not stop human from starting forest fires.

The fact that species have gone extinct naturally does not stop humans from causing extinctions.

The fact that climate has shifted naturally does not stop humans from changing climate.

The fact that something has happened naturally does not stop humans from changing it. A second-grader can grasp such a thing, but most deniers can't. Deniers, as a whole, are just not very smart.

That's your retort? You want to ignore the entire north USA was under a mile of ice ?

Come on tell us Einstein..how much?

100%

75%

50%

25%

10%

5%

How much does man contribute compared to natural ?
Over 100% retard.

Old rocks you bitch about glaciers melting well no shit Sherlock...they have been melting for over 10,000 years ..

If you get off your fat ass you can see the remains of boulders in Illinois from the glaciers..what do you think this happened over night?

View attachment 162684

Come on old rocks how did this bolder get on this field , did the Indians have bull dossiers now?
You are one fucking idiot. I not only know far more than you about glaciers and continental glaciations, I have had to good fortune to trace on of the premier events of the end of the last glaciation from Montana to the Pacific Ocean, on several pathways.

4 200 courses in Geology, 3 300 courses, and one 470/570 course. And I have read the journal Geology since I was in my 20's. Yes, I know a great deal about the ice ages. If you ever get beyond 3rd grade science, get back with me.

Yet you can't figure out this ?

download (4).jpg

\If you get off your fat ass you can see the remains of boulders in Illinois from the glaciers..what do you think this happened over night?

The fact that forest fires have occurred naturally does not stop human from starting forest fires.

The fact that species have gone extinct naturally does not stop humans from causing extinctions.

The fact that climate has shifted naturally does not stop humans from changing climate.

The fact that something has happened naturally does not stop humans from changing it. A second-grader can grasp such a thing, but most deniers can't. Deniers, as a whole, are just not very smart.

That's your retort? You want to ignore the entire north USA was under a mile of ice ?

100%

75%

50%

25%

10%

5%

Over 100% retard.

So now you are telling us man caused this over 100% ?

Give us a link..

So old rocks the climate has been changing for over 4.5 billion years and now you claim since the steam engine was invented in 1698 it caused This?

How retarded are You? On a scale one to to 10?

download (4).jpg

Come on old rocks tell us on a scale one to ten how stupid are you to claim man caused this ?

download (4).jpg

For thirty years we've been hearing about the impending doom from Iran having nukes...Yet we wait....

And out of the blue you post another defense of Bill Clinton's NK deal...what is wrong with you ?
You gleaned NK from Iran....You'll never make it in the crossword puzzle section..

What does your post have to do with AGW how much meth have you been smoking ?
D: None of the above.

Old rocks we are leaving another ice age , this was a fluke in history, just like WWII was a fluke in history that let the middle class grow in America with no competition..

My personal opinion God had everything to do with it...

100%

75%

50%

25%

10%

5%

Over 100% retard.

So now you are telling us man caused this over 100% ?

Give us a link..
Don't have to, shit for brains. Look at the graph in post #101. The rise in temperatures is from about 1880. So the 1.8 F rise is the 100%. However the graph clearly shows that had we not started pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and massively cutting our forests, the temperature would have continued on a downward track. So it would have been colder now than it was in 1880. That is 100% + however colder it would have been. Of course such logic is beyond you, so I don't expect you to be able to follow beyond the first sentence.

Forum List

Back