30% tariffs on solar panels

They still have people trying to drive them into the sea. That isn't exactly getting their way.

well, that's what happens when you steal other people's land. They want to do that to you.

But as far as Washington goes, they've got our politicians balls in a lockbox.

I've got to hand it to you ... not many people are balls deep crazy enough to link Jews and Solar Power in a conspiracy. My tinfoil hat's off to you.

Tin-Foil-Hats.jpg

They still have people trying to drive them into the sea. That isn't exactly getting their way.

well, that's what happens when you steal other people's land. They want to do that to you.

and I can counter that if the other Arab countries hadn't tried to wipe them out in 1948 when a partition was set up, they would have not lost the land (it wasn't stolen, it was won).

But a jew hating anti-religious scumbag like you can't be expected to see that difference.

I've got to hand it to you ... not many people are balls deep crazy enough to link Jews and Solar Power in a conspiracy. My tinfoil hat's off to you.

Tin-Foil-Hats.jpg

Next JoeBlow will figure out a way to work Mormons into it.

I guess it is a coincidence that the same administration that put a 30% tariff on solar power, put the former CEO of ExxonMobil in as Sec of State?

and I can counter that if the other Arab countries hadn't tried to wipe them out in 1948 when a partition was set up, they would have not lost the land (it wasn't stolen, it was won).

You could argue that, but it would be stupid. No one is under obligation to give half their land to invaders.

Here's the thing. The British had no business partitioning someone else's land. If someone came along and gave half your stuff to some oppressed minority to feel good about himself, you'd be on here threatening to shoot people.

But a jew hating anti-religious scumbag like you can't be expected to see that difference.

Yes, I think that living next to people who want to kill you because a sky fairy promised you this land 2000 years ago, but you were in no hurry to get there, is pretty stupid.

You could argue that, but it would be stupid. No one is under obligation to give half their land to invaders.

Here's the thing. The British had no business partitioning someone else's land. If someone came along and gave half your stuff to some oppressed minority to feel good about himself, you'd be on here threatening to shoot people.

Yes, I think that living next to people who want to kill you because a sky fairy promised you this land 2000 years ago, but you were in no hurry to get there, is pretty stupid.

They weren't invaders, they were migrants. They only took up arms after the arabs decided they wanted to wipe them out.

Considering it was the Ottomans land first, then the British, there was no local owners in the modern era.

and your sky fairy stuff get tired after a certain amount of time.

Most American solar companies aren't manufacturers, they're importers.
The costs will go up for the consumer.

Prices have been held artificially low for a decade because of a combination of solar subsidies and Chinese dumping of panels and charge collectors. If solar is the magic panacea that its proponents claim, it should stand on its own with other forms of power.
The people who install these things reckon 23000 jobs will be lost this year.

Oh darn... they can always mine coal.
Not really. Coal only created 500 jobs last year. Coal is the past. Solar is the future.

Vote Solar Statement on U.S. Solar Trade Case Decision

Try to manufacture steel with solar panels instead of coal.

He's bringing back coal!

China buys 8-12,000,000 tonnes of the shit from America.. They cut it by 20-30%.
China and many other nations have been investing YUGE in Solar, Hydro to get off Coal.

I guess Americans can buy more coal to make up these export losses to employ
these CryBaby Coal Miner LOSERS Morons. These are some of the worst peoples
in America, whining about a Fully dying industry as a major employer of
dirt movers by hand. If you want that job so bad, move to another shithole place,
other than your shithole place now. Dig it elsewhere Losers. Say India, China,

As we just laugh at these soon to be Burger Flippers in small towns. I hope they will not take
Gobmint handouts as DOPer Douche Voters. Or are coal miners American FRAUDS!

btw: American power generation is switching to LNG. Bye..Bye Dirt Digger!
Cave-ins can make your families happier. As your personal exit plan, rather
than Burger Flipping in town. You choose the job, live with your choose, why
do others need to cover your choice in life.
DOPers don't believe in Gobmint Handouts, rightie?
Tell you what, I'll support the powering of my state's electrical grid and industrial plants with coal, you power yours with a windmill. We'll see whose lights go brown and/or out first.

Don't go to California Psychics for life coaching. And don't depend on ThinkProgress for economic analysis. They have no fucking idea how markets and free trade works.

I don't like using tariffs in ALL cases. But in some cases they are very effective. Because the #1 way to AVOID tariffs for foreign corporations -- is simply to BUILD factories and supply chains here in the USA. In the case of these recent announcements, where tariffs were threatened on Chinese solar panels and Korean washing machines -- SAMSUNG has already annouced plans to build manufacturing here in the USA.

Go tell ThinkProgress it will cost nobody anything if the Chinese decide to build a solar panel plant or two here in the USA..

Elon Musk. The man is smart enough to put together a research team and come up with a cheaper way of making very efficient solar panels, and integrate those into his business model as well as sell them on the open market.

That's some man crush you've got there.... have you shared your feelings with Elon?

ct.jpg

The costs will go up for the consumer.
Tell that to the TENS OF MILLIONS paying more for electricity as you guys push the end of coal and "green" energy on us.
Rapid cost declines made renewable energy the United States’ cheapest available source of new electricity, without subsidies, in 2017. In many parts of the U.S., building new wind is cheaper than running existing coal, while nuclear and natural gas aren’t far behind. As renewable energy costs continue their relentless decline, they keep pushing fossil fuels further from profitability– and neither trend is slowing down.

This dynamic is apparent in the decade spanning 2008-2017, where nearly all retired U.S. power plants were fossil fuel generation, and was capped by utilities announcing 27 coal plant closurestotaling 22 gigawatts (GW) of capacity in 2017. The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts coal closures will continue through 2020, potentially setting an all-time annual record in 2018.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fenergyinnovation%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F01%2FUS-power-plant-retirements-2008-2022.jpg%3Fwidth%3D960
U.S. Energy Information Administration
U.S. utility-scale electric generation capacity retirements 2008-2020

Despite Trump Administration actions to improve fossil fuel economics and reduce renewable energy competitiveness, updated levelized cost of energy (LCOE) data and new renewable energy projects show clean energy continues beating fossil fuels on economics, at a faster pace and in more locations than ever before. So just how low can renewable prices go?

Cheap Renewables Keep Pushing Fossil Fuels Further Away From Profitability - Despite Trump's Efforts

Renewables are cheaper than coal, gas, or nuclear.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fenergyinnovation%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F01%2FUnsibsidized-LCOE-comparison.jpg%3Fwidth%3D960

Unsubsidized onshore wind and utility-scale solar are both cheaper than new coal in many parts of the U.S., and are cost-competitive with combined-cycle natural gas on a levelized cost basis. In the words of Tom Sanzillo, Director of Finance for the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, “clean energy is now cheap energy.”

Lazard reports the mean subsidized LCOE for utility-scale solar fell 72% from $178 per megawatt-hour (MWh) in 2009 to $50/MWh in 2017, while the mean LCOE for wind energy fell 47% from $85/MWh to $45/MWh over the same time span. These declines outstripped the cost trends for natural gas-combined cycle (down 27%), coal (down 8%), and nuclear (up 20%) from 2009 to 2017.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fenergyinnovation%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F01%2FHistorical-Mean-LCOE-Values.jpg%3Fwidth%3D960

Cheap Renewables Keep Pushing Fossil Fuels Further Away From Profitability - Despite Trump's Efforts

And the cost of wind and solar continue to decline.

Elon Musk. The man is smart enough to put together a research team and come up with a cheaper way of making very efficient solar panels, and integrate those into his business model as well as sell them on the open market.

That's some man crush you've got there.... have you shared your feelings with Elon?

ct.jpg
LOL And all you can answer is silly ass statements. Dumb fuck, what the hell have you ever done to compare to the success that Musk has had? LOL

ct.jpg
LOL And all you can answer is silly ass statements. Dumb fuck, what the hell have you ever done to compare to the success that Musk has had? LOL

I’ve never taken investors’ money under false pretences.

Elon-Musk.jpg

Forum List

Back