3.6 TRILLION dollar budget

Bush did more that just quadruple the deficit. He committed the country to a continued cost burden of an unwinnable war in Iraq. Over the past years, he caused the economy to go on a deep downward slide. The economy is like a runaway freight train - it is not going to stop on a dime and turnaround. The slide is going to continue until it finally comes to a stop and turns around.

Bush did more that just quadruple the deficit. He committed the country to a continued cost burden of an unwinnable war in Iraq. Over the past years, he caused the economy to go on a deep downward slide. The economy is like a runaway freight train - it is not going to stop on a dime and turnaround. The slide is going to continue until it finally comes to a stop and turns around.

Wrong as usual, but good attempt to twist the blame.

I am surprised that he was unable to find more items to cut, he said he would go line by line with a scalpel. I am willing to see how it goes over the next couple years, but I do admit I am surprised.

I am surprised that he was unable to find more items to cut, he said he would go line by line with a scalpel. I am willing to see how it goes over the next couple years, but I do admit I am surprised.

Are you really that surprised? Im not.

ROFLMNAO... MAN that is HYSTERICAL! (in at least two contexts and on several levels)

I wonder what Iraq would like like "IF WE HAD WON THAT WAR?"

Would you give us an example of SPECIFIC BUSH POLICY WHICH YOU CAN CORRELATE TO SPECIFIC REDUCTIONS IN US ECONOMIC GROWTH?

(The answer is: NO... all this nest of platitudes rest upon is absurd little cliches of absolutely NO factual basis...)

But it is TRUE that the economy is an incomprehensibly large vehicle, But the analogy is absurd... The economy is not moving in a direction, it is either EXPANDING (GOOD) or CONTRACTING (BAD) ... given that the problem is a slowing (CONTRACTING: BAD)economy, ONLY AN IMBECILE would argue that the THING TO DO when the economy is CONTRACTING is the induce policy which PUNISHES GROWTH... which is what 100% of the economic policy being advanced by President Hussein and the Marxist leadership in the Legislature is DESIGNED TO DO.

Now the market will respond to that policy as the market will always do what it has to do what is must to survive, but that policy will only reduce productivty and output... which cannot POSSIBLY encourage GROWTH.

ROFLMNAO... MAN that is HYSTERICAL! (in at least two contexts and on several levels)

I wonder what Iraq would like like "IF WE HAD WON THAT WAR?"

Would you give us an example of SPECIFIC BUSH POLICY WHICH YOU CAN CORRELATE TO SPECIFIC REDUCTIONS IN US ECONOMIC GROWTH?

(The answer is: NO... all this nest of platitudes rest upon is absurd little cliches of absolutely NO factual basis...)

But it is TRUE that the economy is an incomprehensibly large vehicle, But the analogy is absurd... The economy is not moving in a direction, it is either EXPANDING (GOOD) or CONTRACTING (BAD) ... given that the problem is a slowing (CONTRACTING: BAD)economy, ONLY AN IMBECILE would argue that the THING TO DO when the economy is CONTRACTING is the induce policy which PUNISHES GROWTH... which is what 100% of the economic policy being advanced by President Hussein and the Marxist leadership in the Legislature is DESIGNED TO DO.

Now the market will respond to that policy as the market will always respond to ANY policy; the market will do what it has to do; what it must do to survive; but such policy will only reduce productivty and output... which cannot POSSIBLY encourage GROWTH.

More of the same. Obama is going to quadruple the deficit that all you Liberals whined Bush created and not one peep out of you.

Exactly how does one pay down the deficit by quadrupling it?

Obama defends Geithner, focuses on passing budget

Well, ending the war in Iraq is going to save us billions. Cutting unncessary defense spending is going to save us billions. Umm.. one year of spending and then 3 years of cutting seems about right to me.

Calling defense spending unnecessary may get our throats cut.

Unnecessary expenditures in defense programs that are completely irrelevant need to be cut. Now I don't know the entire Defense Department's budget, but I am sure there are unnecessary things that need to be cut. Alternatively, salaries and health benefits for US soldiers need to be INCREASED. The percentage of our brave men and women in poverty is disgusting. This country's long history, starting with World War 1 vets, of treating soldiers who have returned home from combat is disgusting. These people put their necks on the line to save our sorry asses and they have to depend upon food stamps???

Disgusting.

Cutting unncessary defense spending is going to save us billions.
Perhaps you can show me where these billions in savings are located.

The fact is the budget is too low, the force mix needs to be expanded, Clintoon made this mistake and it has seriously ham strung us ever since.

There are no 'extras' in defense to save money on, every dime you cut increases the chance some service person will pay for it in blood.

You want to save billions, atack that bloated 'stimulous' and 'omnibus' mess, there is where you can save your billions.

Cutting unncessary defense spending is going to save us billions.
Perhaps you can show me where these billions in savings are located.

The fact is the budget is too low, the force mix needs to be expanded, Clintoon made this mistake and it has seriously ham strung us ever since.

There are no 'extras' in defense to save money on, every dime you cut increases the chance some service person will pay for it in blood.

You want to save billions, atack that bloated 'stimulous' and 'omnibus' mess, there is where you can save your billions.

Or actually cut that part of the budget that eats up most of it, Social programs the Government isn't even legally allowed to tax and spend for. Even if we quit paying all the military budget it was only 5 percent or less of last years budget.

The fact is we can thank the Bush regime, for many of the messes our country finds itself in right now. But honestly it isn't looking so hot in the way of Obama right now. I personally think I isn't delivering like he said he would during his run for the whitehouse.

The discussion is Current Events. Bush is not current. Obama is. Why must every thread include Bush? I guess he is just a convenient distraction from the Obama administration.

i'm not
i never believed him in the first place
Obama only said what he did to get elected

He committed the country to a continued cost burden of an unwinnable war in Iraq.
Bad news, the war was won.

disclaimer: I loathe Chimpy. However, the rhetoric of 2006 is pointless in 2009.

Yep. Excellant way to win a war. Iraq has two million refugees in other nations. At least that many within Iraq. More than half a million dead. Out of a population of 25 million. And the bombings and killings are still going on.

God help us if we win many more wars in that fashion.

i'm not
i never believed him in the first place
Obama only said what he did to get elected

:razz:Well, he got elected, as well as 59 Dem Senators, and 265 Dem Representatives. :lol:

More of the same. Obama is going to quadruple the deficit that all you Liberals whined Bush created and not one peep out of you.

Exactly how does one pay down the deficit by quadrupling it?

Obama defends Geithner, focuses on passing budget

You really ought to read people's posts.

It is obvious, based on this bull:

Obama is going to quadruple the deficit that all you Liberals whined Bush created and not one peep out of you.

That you aren't reading what many people are actually writing.

Unwinnable war? Have you not noticed the news coming out of Iraq... WE WON!!! Our troops deserve the victory parades but will get none because of assholes like you.

Forum List

Back