3.6 TRILLION dollar budget

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, Mar 22, 2009.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Silver Diva

Silver Diva Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bush did more that just quadruple the deficit. He committed the country to a continued cost burden of an unwinnable war in Iraq. Over the past years, he caused the economy to go on a deep downward slide. The economy is like a runaway freight train - it is not going to stop on a dime and turnaround. The slide is going to continue until it finally comes to a stop and turns around.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Wrong as usual, but good attempt to twist the blame.

4. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I am surprised that he was unable to find more items to cut, he said he would go line by line with a scalpel. I am willing to see how it goes over the next couple years, but I do admit I am surprised.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Are you really that surprised? Im not.

6. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Bad news, the war was won.

disclaimer: I loathe Chimpy. However, the rhetoric of 2006 is pointless in 2009.

7. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ROFLMNAO... MAN that is HYSTERICAL! (in at least two contexts and on several levels)

I wonder what Iraq would like like "IF WE HAD WON THAT WAR?"

Would you give us an example of SPECIFIC BUSH POLICY WHICH YOU CAN CORRELATE TO SPECIFIC REDUCTIONS IN US ECONOMIC GROWTH?

(The answer is: NO... all this nest of platitudes rest upon is absurd little cliches of absolutely NO factual basis...)

But it is TRUE that the economy is an incomprehensibly large vehicle, But the analogy is absurd... The economy is not moving in a direction, it is either EXPANDING (GOOD) or CONTRACTING (BAD) ... given that the problem is a slowing (CONTRACTING: BAD)economy, ONLY AN IMBECILE would argue that the THING TO DO when the economy is CONTRACTING is the induce policy which PUNISHES GROWTH... which is what 100% of the economic policy being advanced by President Hussein and the Marxist leadership in the Legislature is DESIGNED TO DO.

Now the market will respond to that policy as the market will always do what it has to do what is must to survive, but that policy will only reduce productivty and output... which cannot POSSIBLY encourage GROWTH.

8. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ROFLMNAO... MAN that is HYSTERICAL! (in at least two contexts and on several levels)

I wonder what Iraq would like like "IF WE HAD WON THAT WAR?"

Would you give us an example of SPECIFIC BUSH POLICY WHICH YOU CAN CORRELATE TO SPECIFIC REDUCTIONS IN US ECONOMIC GROWTH?

(The answer is: NO... all this nest of platitudes rest upon is absurd little cliches of absolutely NO factual basis...)

But it is TRUE that the economy is an incomprehensibly large vehicle, But the analogy is absurd... The economy is not moving in a direction, it is either EXPANDING (GOOD) or CONTRACTING (BAD) ... given that the problem is a slowing (CONTRACTING: BAD)economy, ONLY AN IMBECILE would argue that the THING TO DO when the economy is CONTRACTING is the induce policy which PUNISHES GROWTH... which is what 100% of the economic policy being advanced by President Hussein and the Marxist leadership in the Legislature is DESIGNED TO DO.

Now the market will respond to that policy as the market will always respond to ANY policy; the market will do what it has to do; what it must do to survive; but such policy will only reduce productivty and output... which cannot POSSIBLY encourage GROWTH.

9. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Well, ending the war in Iraq is going to save us billions. Cutting unncessary defense spending is going to save us billions. Umm.. one year of spending and then 3 years of cutting seems about right to me.

10. Otter_Creek

Otter_Creek worst president ever

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Calling defense spending unnecessary may get our throats cut.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1