2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon because of Las Vegas shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
We as a nation should not accept any Democratic attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights, by the likes of a Diane Feinstein or any other democratic politician, because of the Las Vegas shooter.

It's not going to happen anyway. I think certain sensible restrictions should be enacted, but the 2nd Amendment is safe.
we already have plenty of sensible restrictions and quite a few that aren't so sensible

We as a nation should not accept any Democratic attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights, by the likes of a Diane Feinstein or any other democratic politician, because of the Las Vegas shooter.
We as a nation should not accept regular mass shootings. But we have, and in the process, have lost our way as a civilized society.

We as a nation should not accept regular mass shootings. But we have, and in the process, have lost our way as a civilized society.
No one except regressives accept it and they are the ones doing it.

What's this We shit?

It's not going to happen anyway. I think certain sensible restrictions should be enacted, but the 2nd Amendment is safe.

Did you see the latest ruling by the 4th Circuit Court of appeals...on the Baltimore Assault weapon ban...it guts the 2nd amendment.....

The Conspiracy To Dismember Heller

The consequences of the ruling cannot be overstated. In essence, the 4th Circuit has contrived a brand-new constitutional “test,” the practical effect of which is the removal of Second Amendment protection from any firearm that a judge happens not to like.

In Heller, the Supreme Court took three related positions:

First, that firearms “in common use” may not be banned;

second, that while “dangerous” arms may be regulated, only those that are “unusual” in addition are eligible for prohibition; and

third, that a government may not ban certain types of guns on the understanding that other types remain available.

In a follow-up case, Caetano v. Massachusetts, Justice Samuel Alito stated in his concurrence that “the relative dangerousness of a weapon is irrelevant when the weapon belongs to a class of arms commonly used for lawful purposes.”

Disgracefully, the 4th Circuit ignored all these prescriptions—which it was duty-bound to follow—electing instead to devise its own rule: that if a weapon is “most useful in military service,” it enjoys no constitutional protection.

In so doing, the court thumbed its nose at its superiors and quietly rewrote the law for millions of Americans.

Looks like YOU have.
Very well.

I accept regular mass shootings.

In response, I demand that we have open-carry, equal firepower to defend ourselves. Machine guns for all.
:beer:
Like I said, the US has lost its way as a civilized society.

No...our violence rate is going down.....Europes is going up....

And your mass shootings....killed more people than ours.....even when they used a rental Truck....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

What's this We shit?
Why? You accept mass shootings on a regular basis?

Looks like YOU have.
Very well.

I accept regular mass shootings.

In response, I demand that we have open-carry, equal firepower to defend ourselves. Machine guns for all.
:beer:
Like I said, the US has lost its way as a civilized society.

No...our violence rate is going down.....Europes is going up....

And your mass shootings....killed more people than ours.....even when they used a rental Truck....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
So it went from extremely sky-high over the moon to severely sky-high over the moon. Get a new horse to beat.

What's this We shit?
Yeah. Sure I do.

I wake up every morning hoping to see 100's killed on my tv screen.:rolleyes:

Again. What's this "we" shit?

What's this We shit?
Yeah. Sure I do.

I wake up every morning hoping to see 100's killed on my tv screen.:rolleyes:

Again. What's this "we" shit?
So then you're part of the "we".

I am sure that a Big League Patriot like you is all in Favor of Trump destroying Freedom of the Press , revoking Licenses , if he does not like what some network is reporting...you are all in with Trump on revoking the First Amendment ....

What's this We shit?
Where has anyone accepted it?

I want people who do it to be executed.

you need to understand that last part PEOPLE WHO COMMIT MASS MURDER not people who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back