2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon because of Las Vegas shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it hasn't. People have always murdered. Look at other countries it's the same or worse. People have a right to defend themselves regardless of of what criminals do and no laws will stop criminals, anyone who thinks so is a fool or has an agenda.
I say that because in a normal, civilized society, the people would demand that something be done, and then do it. Lots of countries don't have regular mass shootings. If they can do it, so can we?
I can demand something be done.

None of my firearms have been used in mass shootings.

What do you intend to do, besides disarming everyone?
See what I'm saying? You're not even going to attempt to try anything because your brain is stuck on your false mantra.
False mantra?

What do you intend to do?

I can attempt to do many things.

Imprison these people for life. Total seclusion. No amenities.

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

An example will be set for those who think murder is acceptable.

Other countries have disarmed their citizens. And this hasn't worked.

Our mass murderers seem to have one thing in common.

Prescription medication.

Mass murder is a recent phenomenon.

Again. Besides disarming the entire nation what would you do?
Actually, Japan "disarmed" its citizens and has an extremely low gun crime rate. Among others.
The citizens of this country are not going to agree to being disarmed.

This problem is going to have to addressed another way.

It's not going to happen anyway. I think certain sensible restrictions should be enacted, but the 2nd Amendment is safe.
we already have plenty of sensible restrictions and quite a few that aren't so sensible

You can buy an AK-47 easier than allergy medicine. How is that sensible?

IMO as a gun owner; there is no need for any civilian to own an automatic or semi-automatic weapon.

Here are all the victims of the Las Vegas shooting
Prove your claim. I don't need a reason to own a gun, I have a right. And SCUM like you will Not TAKE IT.

Like I said, the US has lost its way as a civilized society.
No it hasn't. People have always murdered. Look at other countries it's the same or worse. People have a right to defend themselves regardless of of what criminals do and no laws will stop criminals, anyone who thinks so is a fool or has an agenda.
I say that because in a normal, civilized society, the people would demand that something be done, and then do it. Lots of countries don't have regular mass shootings. If they can do it, so can we?
He says "something" should be done. Oh it's always something. How about telling us all what?
If you're asking me, that "something" could be what other countries do that don't have mass shooting regularly. There are plenty of them.
I see, the old gun ban that doesn't work trick. In other words you don't have any solution except the tired liberal bullshit of more gun restrictions or bans. If you were honest you would see that doesn't work, anywhere. Face it, all liberals want a totalitarian state where rights are taken. In free a society you are going to have people who go off and kill people. In a sick society like ours where the mantra of hate is preached daily by the lying fascist media and it's brain washed minions, and swallowed by the parrots, you have higher than normal attack rates from brain washed losers who have drank to much of the koolaid you pedal. The current state of the media in this country imo, is the biggest threat to freedom yet, seconded only by the amoral and corrupt education system which is doing its best to turn out obedient drones.
You should seek help for your paranoid delusion. And please, turn your guns in at the same time.

See what I'm saying? You're not even going to attempt to try anything because your brain is stuck on your false mantra.
False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

Actually, Japan "disarmed" its citizens and has an extremely low gun crime rate. Among others.

Then you are going to have to live with mass shootings on a regular basis. maybe sometime in the future, another generation... will see the absurdity of the current system, and they will start to take the appropriate measures. Societies usually get more civilized over time, not less. Well... usually... lol.

It's not going to happen anyway. I think certain sensible restrictions should be enacted, but the 2nd Amendment is safe.
we already have plenty of sensible restrictions and quite a few that aren't so sensible

IMO as a gun owner; there is no need for any civilian to own an automatic or semi-automatic weapon.

Prove your claim. I don't need a reason to own a gun, I have a right. And SCUM like you will Not TAKE IT.

I didn't write that you didn't have a right. My opinion in no way infringes your rights under the second amendment.

I didn't write that you didn't have a right. My opinion in no way infringes your rights under the second amendment.
No but your intent does.

He says "something" should be done. Oh it's always something. How about telling us all what?
If you're asking me, that "something" could be what other countries do that don't have mass shooting regularly. There are plenty of them.
I see, the old gun ban that doesn't work trick. In other words you don't have any solution except the tired liberal bullshit of more gun restrictions or bans. If you were honest you would see that doesn't work, anywhere. Face it, all liberals want a totalitarian state where rights are taken. In free a society you are going to have people who go off and kill people. In a sick society like ours where the mantra of hate is preached daily by the lying fascist media and it's brain washed minions, and swallowed by the parrots, you have higher than normal attack rates from brain washed losers who have drank to much of the koolaid you pedal. The current state of the media in this country imo, is the biggest threat to freedom yet, seconded only by the amoral and corrupt education system which is doing its best to turn out obedient drones.
You should seek help for your paranoid delusion. And please, turn your guns in at the same time.
Deflection noted commie. Come get them. make me turn them in.

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

Then you are going to have to live with mass shootings on a regular basis. maybe sometime in the future, another generation... will see the absurdity of the current system, and they will start to take the appropriate measures. Societies usually get more civilized over time, not less. Well... usually... lol.

So... in YOUR future only the the government will be allowed to have guns....good luck with that.

The 2nd amendment promotes a standing CIVILIAN army. (militia) Why shouldn't civilians have access to the VERY SAME weapons?

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

So... in YOUR future only the the government will be allowed to have guns....good luck with that.
I don't need a gun. Never have.

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

I don't need a gun. Never have.

Hey, if you don't need a gun don't get one just don't try to tell me I don't need one.

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

Yes.....everyone thought Germany was civilized too.....especially the people who were marching into the gas chambers as they tried to reassure themselves that one day, their nightmare would be over.....

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

Yeah.....with 600,000,000 guns in private hands, and over 16,300,000 people carrying guns for self defense we will have a few people who are evil....in 2016 there were 6 of them who murdered 71 people with guns...out of 600,000,000.

In France, on evil guy used a rental truck to murder 89 people and injure over 450....in one attack.

In 2016, knives were used to murder 1,604 people...

So tell us, genius...which tool was deadlier in 2016... guns used in mass shootings, or stabbings?

And tell us genius.....if you disarm Americans, Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murders....and also mass public shootings......so if you take their guns.....you want those people to be raped, robbed and murdered and to be victims of mass shootings...

So..which is a larger number....

1,500,000 crimes stopped or 71 people murdered by random nuts?

And then you have this.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

What's this We shit?
Why? You accept mass shootings on a regular basis?
Where has anyone accepted it?

I want people who do it to be executed.

you need to understand that last part PEOPLE WHO COMMIT MASS MURDER not people who don't
You've accepted mass shooting since you've never wanted to do anything meaningful to stop them.
And explain how you intend to stop them?

By disarming everyone else?
By copying laws in countries that have the least of regular mass shootings.

You mean Britain....where they did everything you want, they banned and confisated guns...and the only reason they don't have more mass public shootings is dumb luck, bad shooting and their nuts just don't do them as often.....?

And where after they banned guns......their gun crime rates skyrocketed and keep going up...you mean like that?

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

What's this We shit?

you need to understand that last part PEOPLE WHO COMMIT MASS MURDER not people who don't
You've accepted mass shooting since you've never wanted to do anything meaningful to stop them.
And explain how you intend to stop them?

By disarming everyone else?
By copying laws in countries that have the least of regular mass shootings.

You mean like Australia...where the only reason they haven't had a mass public shooting is because of dumb luck and bad shooting?

Tell us....since you didn't do it the last time you were asked.....which Australian gun laws kept these shooters from becoming mass public shooters...

Notice...these public shootings are all after Australia banned and confiscated guns......

Timeline of major crimes in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

25 January 1996 – Hillcrest murders – Peter May shot and killed his three children, his estranged wife and her parents in the Brisbane suburb of Hillcrest before killing himself.[54]
  • 16 August 1998 – Victorian police officers Gary Silk and Rodney Miller were shot dead in an ambush by Bendali Debs and Jason Joseph Roberts in the Moorabbin Police murders.
  • 3 August 1999 – La Trobe University shooting – Jonathan Brett Horrocks walked into the cafeteria in La Trobe university in Melbourne Victoria armed with a 38 caliber revolver handgun and opened fire killing Leon Capraro the boss and manager off the cafeteria and wounding a woman who was a student at the university.
  • 26 May 2002 – A Vietnamese man walked into a Vietnamese wedding reception in Cabramatta Sydney, New South Wales armed with a handgun and opened fire wounding seven people.
  • 18 June 2007 – Melbourne CBD shooting – Christopher Wayne Hudson opened fire on three people, killing one and seriously wounding two others who intervened when Hudson was assaulting his girlfriend at a busy Melbourne intersection during the morning peak. He gave himself up to police in Wallan, Victoria on 20 June.[71]
  • 28 April 2012 – A man opened fire in a busy shopping mall in Robina on the Gold Coast shooting Bandidos bikie Jacques Teamo. A woman who was an innocent bystander was also injured from a shotgun blast to the leg. Neither of the victims died, but the incident highlighted the recent increase in gun crime across major Australian cities including Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide.[citation needed]
  • 23 May 2012 – Christopher 'Badness' Binse, a career criminal well known to police, was arrested after a 44-hour siege at an East Keilor home in Melbourne's north west. During the siege, Binse fired several shots at police and refused to co-operate with negotiators; eventually tear gas had to be used to force him out of the house, at which point he refused to put down his weapon and was then sprayed with a volley of non-lethal bullets.[citation needed]
  • 8 March 2013 – Queen Street mall siege – Lee Matthew Hiller entered the shopping mall on Queen Street Brisbane Queensland armed with a revolver and threatened shoppers and staff with the revolver, causing a 90-minute siege which ended when Hiller was shot and wounded in the arm by a police officer from the elite Specialist Emergency Response Team. Hiller was then later taken to hospital and was treated for his injury; he pleaded gulity to 20 charges and was sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail with a non-parole period of two years and three months.[citation needed]
  • 9 September 2014 – Lockhart massacre – Geoff Hunt shot and killed his wife, Kim, his 10-year-old son Fletcher, and his daughters Mia, eight and Phoebe, six before killing himself on a farm in Lockhart in the Riverina district near Wagga Wagga New South Wales. The body of Geoff Hunt and a firearm are later found in a dam on the farm by police divers and a suicide note written by Geoff Hunt is also found inside the house on the farm.[citation needed]
  • 7 November 2014 – Jordy Brook carjacked a Channel 7 news cameraman at gun point during a crime spree on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. He was later captured and arrested by police after luring police on a high speed chase and crashing the car.[citation needed

• 15 December 2014 – 2014 Sydney hostage crisis – Seventeen people were taken hostage in a cafe in Martin Place, Sydney by Man Haron Monis. The hostage crisis was resolved in the early hours of 16 December, sixteen hours after it commenced, when armed police stormed the premises. Monis and two hostages were killed in the course of the crisis.[87]
  • 27 June 2015 – Hermidale triple murder – the bodies of three people, two men and a woman are found shot dead on a property in a rural farming community in the town of Hermidale west of Nyngan, the bodies of 28-year-old Jacob Cumberland his father 59-year-old Stephen Cumberland and a 36-year-old woman were found with gun shot wounds, the body of Jacob Cumberland was found on the drive way of the property, the body of the 36-year-old woman was found in the backyard of the property and the body of Stephen Cumberland was found in a burnt out caravan on the property. 61-year-old Allan O'Connor is later arrested and charged with the murders.
  • 10 September 2015 – A 49-year-old woman is shot dead in a Mc Donald's restaurant in Gold Coast by her 57-year-old ex partner, who then turned the gun on himself afterwards and shot himself dead.

• 2 October 2015 - 2015 Parramatta shooting On 2 October 2015, Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar, a 15-year-old boy, shot and killed Curtis Cheng, an unarmed police civilian finance worker, outside the New South Wales Police Force headquarters in Parramatta, Australia. Jabar was subsequently shot and killed by special constables who were protecting the police station.
Here is a neater list.....

Timeline of major crimes in Australia - Wikipedia
  • 16 January 1998 to 15 June 2009 – Melbourne gangland killings – A series of 35 murders of crime figures and their associates that began with the slaying of Alphonse Gangitano in his home, most likely by Jason Moran, the latest victim being Des Moran who was murdered in Ascot Vale on 15 June 2009.

• 3 August 1999 – La Trobe University shooting – Jonathan Brett Horrocks walked into the cafeteria at La Trobe university in Melbourne, Victoria, armed with a 38-calibre revolver handgun and opened fire, killing cafeteria manager Leon Capraro and wounding a woman who was a student at the university.
21st century[edit]
2000s[edit]

• 13 March 2000 – Millewa State Forest Murders – Barbara and Stephen Brooks and Stacie Willoughby were found dead, all three having been shot execution style and left in the forest.[62][63]

• 16 July 2001 – Peter James Knight, an anti-abortion activist, walked into an abortion clinic in East Melbourne armed with a rifle. Knight shot dead security guard Stephen Gordon Rogers and was later overpowered by staff in the abortion clinic. After his arrest, Knight was charged and convicted of murder. He was sentenced to life in prison.
  • 26 May 2002 – A Vietnamese man walked into a Vietnamese wedding reception in Cabramatta Sydney, New South Wales armed with a handgun and opened fire wounding seven people.
  • 14 October 2002 – Dr. Margret Tobin, the South Australian head of Mental Health Services, was shot dead by Jean Eric Gassy as she walked out of a lift in her office building.
  • 21 October 2002 – Monash University shootingHuan Xiang opened fire in a tutorial room, killing two and injuring five.
  • 25 October 2003 – Greenacre double murder – A man and a woman are shot dead in a house in the suburb of Greenacre, Sydney which was the result of a feud between two Middle Eastern crime families. Twenty-four-year-old Ziad Abdulrazak was shot 10 times in the chest and head and 22-year-old Mervat Hamka was shot twice in the neck while she slept in her bedroom. Up to 100 shots were fired into the house by four men who were later arrested and convicted of the murders.

• 18 February 2006 – Cardross Hit and Run – Thomas Graham Towle crashed his car at high speed into a group of 13 teenagers, killing six and injuring seven near the town ofCardross, Victoria.[73]
  • 18 June 2007 – Melbourne CBD shooting – Christopher Wayne Hudson opened fire on three people, killing one and seriously wounding two others who intervened when Hudson was assaulting his girlfriend at a busy Melbourne intersection during the morning peak. He gave himself up to police in Wallan, Victoria on 20 June.[75]

An expidited list.....

Here is a list of shootings in Australia...notice, they are all after they banned and confiscated guns...tell me....how did Australian gun laws stop these from becoming mass shootings?

I will quote a few....read the rest....

Timeline of major crimes in Australia - Wikipedia

• 3 August 1999 – La Trobe University shooting – Jonathan Brett Horrocks walked into the cafeteria in La Trobe university in Melbourne Victoria armed with a 38 caliber revolver handgun and opened fire killing Leon Capraro the boss and manager off the cafeteria and wounding a woman who was a student at the university.
If he had decided to keep shooting...would Australian gun laws have kept this from being a mass shooting?
Tell me...this doesn't count as a mass shooting...only because more of the victims didn't die...7 people shot......did Australian gun laws stop it from being a mass shooting?
Another one.....this shooter couldn't clear his rifle...so he only killed 2...the new standard for a mass shooting incident is 3 dead victims...so how did Australian gun laws keep this from being a mass shooting...rather than just dumb luck....?
And had this guy decided to keep shooting.....would Australian gun laws have stopped him? And kept this from being a mass shooting?

• 18 June 2007 – Melbourne CBD shooting – Christopher Wayne Hudson opened fire on three people, killing one and seriously wounding two others who intervened when Hudson was assaulting his girlfriend at a busy Melbourne intersection during the morning peak. He gave himself up to police in Wallan, Victoria on 20 June.[71]
Can you see that CNN's article is just wrong....that it implies that Australian gun control has ended their mass shootings...and that that is a lie?

And more....

• 28 April 2012 – A man opened fire in a busy shopping mall in Robina on the Gold Coast shooting Bandidos bikie Jacques Teamo. A woman who was an innocent bystander was also injured from a shotgun blast to the leg. Neither of the victims died, but the incident highlighted the recent increase in gun crime across major Australian cities including Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide.[citation needed]
this guy actually went into a mall......with a gun......after they banned and confiscated them...so tell me how this doesn't show that the CNN article is a lie....
  • 8 March 2013 – Queen Street mall siege – Lee Matthew Hiller entered the shopping mall on Queen Street Brisbane Queensland armed with a revolver and threatened shoppers and staff with the revolver, causing a 90-minute siege which ended when Hiller was shot and wounded in the arm by a police officer from the elite Specialist Emergency Response Team. Hiller was then later taken to hospital and was treated for his injury; he pleaded gulity to 20 charges and was sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail with a non-parole period of two years and three months.[citation needed]
How did Australian gun control laws keep this shooting from being a muslim terrorist mass shooting? An immigrant to Australia got a gun in a country where they banned and confiscated them and now claim their gun control laws have stopped mass shootings...

• 15 December 2014 – 2014 Sydney hostage crisis – Seventeen people were taken hostage in a cafe in Martin Place, Sydney by Man Haron Monis. The hostage crisis was resolved in the early hours of 16 December, sixteen hours after it commenced, when armed police stormed the premises. Monis and two hostages were killed in the course of the crisis.[87]
And how did Australian gun control keep this shooting from being a mass shooting?

• 10 September 2015 – A 49-year-old woman is shot dead in a Mc Donald's restaurant in Gold Coast by her 57-year-old ex partner, who then turned the gun on himself afterwards and shot himself dead.
And had this kid walked into his school.....as a muslim immigrant and simply shot 3 kids....it would have been an act of muslim terrorism and a mass shooting ....again, luck saved Australia, not their gun control laws...
  • And how did Australian gun laws keep these muslim teenager from going to a school with this gun and shooting a bunch of students?

Sydney police HQ shooting linked to terrorism: police commissioner

The actions of the 15-year-old gunman who shot dead a New South Wales police civilian employee were an act of terrorism, police say.

The radicalised youth of Middle Eastern background has been named as Farhad Jabar Khalil Mohammad.

He killed the police employee, Curtis Cheng, as he was leaving police headquarters at Parramatta in Sydney's west around 4:30pm yesterday.

The offender then fired several more shots at officers as they emerged from the building to respond to the incident.

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

You do realize that their gun control laws have nothing to do with their low gun crime rate...right? Their culture, not their gun control laws, keep all of their crime rates low......you might want to do some research on the topic....you are fooled the same way many other gun grabbers are by the Japanese gun control myth...

Japan: Gun Control and People Control

Do the gun banners have the argument won when they point to these statistics?

No, they don't.

A realistic examination of Japanese culture leads to the conclusion that gun control has little, if anything, to do with Japan's low crime rates. Japan's lack of crime is more the result of the very extensive powers of the Japanese police, and the distinctive relation of the Japanese citizenry to authority. Further, none of the reasons which have made gun control succeed in Japan (in terms of disarming citizens) exist in the U.S.

The Japanese criminal justice system bears more heavily on a suspect than any other system in an industrial democratic nation. One American found this out when he was arrested in Okinawa for possessing marijuana: he was interrogated for days without an attorney, and signed a confession written in Japanese that he could not read. He met his lawyer for the first time at his trial, which took 30 minutes.

Unlike in the United States, where the Miranda rule limits coercive police interrogation techniques, Japanese police and prosecutors may detain a suspect indefinitely until he confesses. (Technically, detentions are only allowed for three days, followed by ten day extensions approved by a judge, but defense attorneys rarely oppose the extension request, for fear of offending the prosecutor.) Bail is denied if it would interfere with interrogation.

Even after interrogation is completed, pretrial detention may continue on a variety of pretexts, such as preventing the defendant from destroying evidence. Criminal defense lawyers are the only people allowed to visit a detained suspect, and those meetings are strictly limited.

Partly as a result of these coercive practices, and partly as a result of the Japanese sense of shame, the confession rate is 95%.

For those few defendants who dare to go to trial, there is no jury. Since judges almost always defer to the prosecutors' judgment, the trial conviction rate for violent crime is 99.5%.
Of those convicted, 98% receive jail time.

In short, once a Japanese suspect is apprehended, the power of the prosecutor makes it very likely the suspect will go to jail. And the power of the policeman makes it quite likely that a criminal will be apprehended.

The police routinely ask "suspicious" characters to show what is in their purse or sack. In effect, the police can search almost anyone, almost anytime, because courts only rarely exclude evidence seized by the police -- even if the police acted illegally.

The most important element of police power, though, is not authority to search, but authority in the community. Like school teachers, Japanese policemen rate high in public esteem, especially in the countryside. Community leaders and role models, the police are trained in calligraphy and Haiku composition. In police per capita, Japan far outranks all other major democracies.

15,000 koban "police boxes" are located throughout the cities. Citizens go to the 24-hour-a-day boxes not only for street directions, but to complain about day-to-day problems, such as noisy neighbors, or to ask advice on how to raise children. Some of the policemen and their families live in the boxes. Police box officers clear 74.6% of all criminal cases cleared. Police box officers also spend time teaching neighborhood youth judo or calligraphy. The officers even hand- write their own newspapers, with information about crime and accidents, "stories about good deeds by children, and opinions of
residents."

We as a nation should not accept any Democratic attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights, by the likes of a Diane Feinstein or any other democratic politician, because of the Las Vegas shooter.
We as a nation should not accept regular mass shootings. But we have, and in the process, have lost our way as a civilized society.
What's this We shit?

You toss out that post as if you are posting something important.....please...tell us what "meaningful" thing you would do to stop a mass public shooter....please...enlighten us.

Looks like YOU have.
Very well.

I accept regular mass shootings.

In response, I demand that we have open-carry, equal firepower to defend ourselves. Machine guns for all.
:beer:
Like I said, the US has lost its way as a civilized society.

That would take changing our culture to theirs....and sadly, they are changing their culture to 3rd world cultures of violence......so they won't be murder free very long...

Hey...moron....you can't buy allergy medicine easier than an AK.....are you really that fucking stupid? Or are you just trolling the thread?

Self Defense is the reason civilians need semi auto weapons...and notice to all 2nd Amendment supporters how this idiot chose his/her words.....

They said "Semi-automatic weapons" which means pistols as well as rifles.......that isn't a slip...that is what they want....all guns....

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

You do realize that their gun control laws have nothing to do with their low gun crime rate...right? Their culture, not their gun control laws, keep all of their crime rates low......you might want to do some research on the topic....you are fooled the same way many other gun grabbers are by the Japanese gun control myth...

Japan: Gun Control and People Control

Do the gun banners have the argument won when they point to these statistics?

No, they don't.

A realistic examination of Japanese culture leads to the conclusion that gun control has little, if anything, to do with Japan's low crime rates. Japan's lack of crime is more the result of the very extensive powers of the Japanese police, and the distinctive relation of the Japanese citizenry to authority. Further, none of the reasons which have made gun control succeed in Japan (in terms of disarming citizens) exist in the U.S.

The Japanese criminal justice system bears more heavily on a suspect than any other system in an industrial democratic nation. One American found this out when he was arrested in Okinawa for possessing marijuana: he was interrogated for days without an attorney, and signed a confession written in Japanese that he could not read. He met his lawyer for the first time at his trial, which took 30 minutes.

Unlike in the United States, where the Miranda rule limits coercive police interrogation techniques, Japanese police and prosecutors may detain a suspect indefinitely until he confesses. (Technically, detentions are only allowed for three days, followed by ten day extensions approved by a judge, but defense attorneys rarely oppose the extension request, for fear of offending the prosecutor.) Bail is denied if it would interfere with interrogation.

Even after interrogation is completed, pretrial detention may continue on a variety of pretexts, such as preventing the defendant from destroying evidence. Criminal defense lawyers are the only people allowed to visit a detained suspect, and those meetings are strictly limited.

Partly as a result of these coercive practices, and partly as a result of the Japanese sense of shame, the confession rate is 95%.

For those few defendants who dare to go to trial, there is no jury. Since judges almost always defer to the prosecutors' judgment, the trial conviction rate for violent crime is 99.5%.
Of those convicted, 98% receive jail time.

In short, once a Japanese suspect is apprehended, the power of the prosecutor makes it very likely the suspect will go to jail. And the power of the policeman makes it quite likely that a criminal will be apprehended.

The police routinely ask "suspicious" characters to show what is in their purse or sack. In effect, the police can search almost anyone, almost anytime, because courts only rarely exclude evidence seized by the police -- even if the police acted illegally.

The most important element of police power, though, is not authority to search, but authority in the community. Like school teachers, Japanese policemen rate high in public esteem, especially in the countryside. Community leaders and role models, the police are trained in calligraphy and Haiku composition. In police per capita, Japan far outranks all other major democracies.

15,000 koban "police boxes" are located throughout the cities. Citizens go to the 24-hour-a-day boxes not only for street directions, but to complain about day-to-day problems, such as noisy neighbors, or to ask advice on how to raise children. Some of the policemen and their families live in the boxes. Police box officers clear 74.6% of all criminal cases cleared. Police box officers also spend time teaching neighborhood youth judo or calligraphy. The officers even hand- write their own newspapers, with information about crime and accidents, "stories about good deeds by children, and opinions of
residents."

The Japanese media doesn't constantly barrage the people with hate and outrage like they do here, and the schools teach them skills and not how to fist fuvck each other. They don't drug them up either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back