2nd Amendment - "Miltia" - US Constitution - Mentioned How Times

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
2nd Amendment - "Miltia" - US Constitution - Mentioned How Times :eusa_whistle:

When discusing the reading and interpreting of the 2nd Amendment, I believe the honesty, integrity, and ultimately, for better or worse, the character of people comes through. Discussions of the US Constitution have divided the American people since it's inception.

So with this, let the divisions begin: How many times is the term militia, mentioned throughout the whole of the US Constitution; what roles, duties, obligations, and powers are prescribed to the individual states as a whole; what roles, duties, obligations, and powers are prescribed to the national government?

:eusa_whistle:

The "right to keep and bear arms" has been addressed and upheld. How many times is "separation of church and state" mentioned in the 1st Amendment? How many times does the concept of privacy come up in the Constitution regarding killing the unborn? The Supreme Court found it.

• Banned
The "right to keep and bear arms" has been addressed and upheld. How many times is "separation of church and state" mentioned in the 1st Amendment? How many times does the concept of privacy come up in the Constitution regarding killing the unborn? The Supreme Court found it.

wtf?

It is obvious you comment on things you do not read or comprehend. Thanks for tryong to play

When discusing the reading and interpreting of the 2nd Amendment, I believe the honesty, integrity, and ultimately, for better or worse, the character of people comes through. Discussions of the US Constitution have divided the American people since it's inception.

So with this, let the divisions begin: How many times is the term militia, mentioned throughout the whole of the US Constitution; what roles, duties, obligations, and powers are prescribed to the individual states as a whole; what roles, duties, obligations, and powers are prescribed to the national government?

First tell me how many time abortion is mentioned in the US Constitution and a right to privacy....

OMG you are one dumb flock

The Militia Act of 1792

• Banned

First tell me how many time abortion is mentioned in the US Constitution and a right to privacy....

Reading and comprehension issues abound here @ usmb

You are obviously reading into a simple question (your ideological constipation is showing)

• Banned

The Militia Act of 1792

A simple compound question puzzles you people? Okay, take it apart...

How many times is the term militia mentioned in the US Constitution?

The Militia Act of 1792

Ye only be askin that because ye know none them all have ever read thar constitution!

The Militia Act of 1792

Ye only be askin that because ye know none them all have ever read thar constitution!

Ha, it appears that even if they have, the most basic of critical thinking skill sets may be lacking: reading and comprehension

The Militia Act of 1792

Do you know what an act is? It's a law it's part of the supreme law of the land which is equal to the U.S. Constitution.
DUMB ASS.

Do you know what an act is? It's a law it's part of the supreme law of the land which is equal to the U.S. Constitution.
DUMB ASS.

Hmm. Methinks the real dumbass will be brought to light shortly

I thought danty left this dead thread I just killed?

I think you sidestepped the point. And if you're a constitutionalist then you should know that any "act" is not a part of the constitution.

The Militia Act of 1792

DUMB ASS.

Only the thread is about the term "militia" in the Constitution.

Being a true dumbass, you have read into things and made assumptions that take things off topic

Imbecile

I see it mentioned 4 times.

Article I section 8 it is mentioned twice.

Article II section 2 it is mentioned once

2nd Amendment it is mentioned.

Now what is the point?

A militia is promised to all the States by the 2nd Amendment, with no subversion from the US Government.

The Congress may call it forth to be used by the President and Congress may make all needful regulations and orders for arming and maintaining the Militia of the several States.

The President is in Command of any Federalized Militia.

Also the second amendment conveys a personal right to all citizens of the several States to keep and bear arms.

Anything else?

A militia is promised to all the States by the 2nd Amendment, with no subversion from the US Government.

The Congress may call it forth to be used by the President and Congress may make all needful regulations and orders for arming and maintaining the Militia of the several States.

Also the second amendment conveys a personal right to all citizens of the several States to keep and bear arms.

Anything else?

All states today have a militia. It's called the National Guard. Where does it say that all citizens, including youth with mental health issues, should be armed?

Anything else?

All states today have a militia. It's called the National Guard. Where does it say that all citizens, including youth with mental health issues, should be armed?
At best the National Guard is the FEDERALIZED portion of a State militia. It is not the entire Militia allowed by the Constitution.

As for mentally ill they are barred from having firearms if properly adjudged to be incompetent or a threat.

The militia is all physically fit persons age 18 to 46 as defined by law. With the age increase to 55 for the military one can assume the militia may also increase to 55.

As for it being a personal right, the Supreme Court so ruled, and it does not have to have any connection to a militia.

Forum List

Back