218 Bee

Doggy

Dec 12, 2014
South East Tennessee
Does anybody shoot the Bee?
016_zpsad387207.jpg

I shot my foot one time--- Hurt like hell...!!!!! Did it hurt when you shot your Moon...????

Until today I hadn't actually heard of "the Bee." I'll have to do a little research!
Another oldie.

.219 Zipper - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Interesting. My personal baby (in terms of old, hunting rifles) is a 1942 Winchester Model 70 .270 bolt action. It was passed down to me by my dad when he died. It's in great condition.
I have never been a .270 fan, why, I do not know.

Missed a big deer with one, I guess that is why.

I hunt deer with the .30-06, and a 7x57.

I have other deer rifles, but these are the two I use.

That old .270 of yours is worth good money though.

Do you use it, or, just look at it now and again?

Until today I hadn't actually heard of "the Bee." I'll have to do a little research!
Another oldie.

Interesting. My personal baby (in terms of old, hunting rifles) is a 1942 Winchester Model 70 .270 bolt action. It was passed down to me by my dad when he died. It's in great condition.

I've never actually hunted with my .270. I, too, hunt with my 30.06 but haven't hunted in a long time. The pre-1960s .270 has a certain fan base and there are collectors willing to pay nearly $2000.00 for my particular gun. It's a family heirloom. It has been dead-on accurate while target shooting but the bullet is a little light for brush hunting (deer).

Another oldie.

I've never actually hunted with my .270. I, too, hunt with my 30.06 but haven't hunted in a long time. The pre-1960s .270 has a certain fan base and there are collectors willing to pay nearly $2000.00 for my particular gun. It's a family heirloom. It has been dead-on accurate while target shooting but the bullet is a little light for brush hunting (deer).
150 grain is fine for brush, I think you can get a 170 if you handload.

Brush is brush, you really can't shoot through thick brush with anything.

My Bee has a modern day .308 Haverkamp action.It is much different from the fine old Lever actions.I shoot the best groups at about 3600-3700 fps.with 40gr Vmax..But I do wind it to much higher fps.

Dand Doggy ... you still taking dat poor little-ole Bee out and playing like it's a big-ole .220 --- ???
I thought you tried that a while back and said it didn't like it over 4,000 FPS...!!!!
Or Is that a old JPEG from back when you was Playing '' Burn-em UP '' ???

Doggy --- You done peeing Stones for a while... ??? Gonna get back ta shooting... ???
Man that last bout I had passing Kidney stones was enough to last me for a lifetime ... !!!!!

Yep...I`m done with the rocks..This one lasted fifteen days..Got over em this past Wednesday.Took me four days to get the meds. out of my system..Worst I ever had...I`ll be shooting all this week AND next,Mostly 300 yards

Forum List

Back