2019 shaping up well for the Dodgers so far.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Coming off a great regular season last year, they stumbled into the 2018 World Series against a very good Red Sox team that took them out in 5 games. But this year could be different.

Having already been the first team to 20 wins during the 2019 MLB season, the Los Angeles Dodgers additionally were first to 30, 40 and with their 9-2 rout of the San Francisco Giants, paced the Majors to 50 victories.

At 50-25, the Dodgers are tied for the second-best start in Los Angeles franchise history. The 1977 club also sported that record through the first 75 games of their season. Since the franchise moved to L.A., both teams are bested only by the 1974 Dodgers that were 51-24.

In terms of calendar, June 19 is the second-earliest date any team has reached 50 wins in MLB history. The Dodgers trail only the 2001 Seattle Mariners who earned their 50th win by June 14 of that year.

Dodgers First Team To 50 Wins During 2019 MLB Season, Tie 2nd-Best Start In Los Angeles Franchise History

Highlights from this week;

Bad news since I'm a D-backs fan but I'm happy that Alex Verdugo is finally getting a chance to show what he can do. He's a Tucson kid, I saw him all through high school playing against my son's teams. What talent, he was a pitcher that threw 94 mph in high school and they've never used him as a pitcher in the minors or Bigs!

Coming off a great regular season last year, they stumbled into the 2018 World Series against a very good Red Sox team that took them out in 5 games. But this year could be different.

Having already been the first team to 20 wins during the 2019 MLB season, the Los Angeles Dodgers additionally were first to 30, 40 and with their 9-2 rout of the San Francisco Giants, paced the Majors to 50 victories.

At 50-25, the Dodgers are tied for the second-best start in Los Angeles franchise history. The 1977 club also sported that record through the first 75 games of their season. Since the franchise moved to L.A., both teams are bested only by the 1974 Dodgers that were 51-24.

In terms of calendar, June 19 is the second-earliest date any team has reached 50 wins in MLB history. The Dodgers trail only the 2001 Seattle Mariners who earned their 50th win by June 14 of that year.

Dodgers First Team To 50 Wins During 2019 MLB Season, Tie 2nd-Best Start In Los Angeles Franchise History

Highlights from this week;

the Dodgers have now become the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills of baseball.LOL They get to the big game all the time but they can never win it all..LOL

the only question remains is will the dodgers manager throw the world series again assuming they get that far, as they have the last two years

Not last years series but the year before,they should have won the series if not for their manager. If you recall,Kershaw was available to pitch the 7th and final game but that stupid manager did not start him.the pitcher he did start,gave up like 5 runs after just 4 innings or so and ONLY then did he put Kershaw into the game.

Kershaw came in and for the rest of that game,pitched a shutout but it was too little too late for him to bring him in at the time and a total waste because the damage had already been done and was irreparable by that time so it turned out to be a complete waste of time to put him in at the time he did instead of starting him at the very beginning as he should have.:rolleyes:

AGAIN Kershaw WAS available to start the game,he felt fine and he proved it the way he pitched when he got in. it makes NON SENSE WHATSOVER in the least WHY he did not start him UNLESS of course for that reason of course.think outside the box as many here cant,and it is the ONLY reason that makes ANY sense WHY he did not start him.:rolleyes:

the Dodgers have now become the Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills of baseball.LOL They get to the big game all the time but they can never win it all..LOL
:rolleyes:.
I'm saving this for when they win it this year.

you were saying now?:abgg2q.jpg:

I have to believe they have these dodger games are fixed like the NFL does with NFL games all the time. I have to believe baseball has it fixed for the dodgers to go to the playoffs and be in the world series at times but not to win it all because they SHOULD have won it a few years ago and would have if not for their corrupt manager.

cant remember the team they were playing but it was the 7th game and kershaw had pitched in the first and fourth game and said he was available to pitch on 3 days rest for game 7,he said he was fine,that his arm felt good yet the manager of the dodgers did not start him.:rolleyes:

He put kershaw inb the game LATER like in the 4th inning and kershaw for the rest of that game pitched a shutout but by then it was too late because the damage had already been done with the other teams scoring 5 runs and the dodgers only scored a couple. had he STARTED kershaw in that game,they would have won the world series.

its so obvious that manager of the dodgers was paid off same as pete carrol was when he threw that game to the pats in the superbowl.

:rolleyes:.
I'm saving this for when they win it this year.

You were saying now Angelo ? LOL
Who cares ? I'm not a Dodgers fan.
I'd like to see Washington win it now because they're pretty fun to watch.

They're going on at least a week rest especially if the Yankees Astros go 7 so it's looking good for the Nationals.

Forum List

Back