is this offside?

It’s soccer.......I hope the women win, but I won’t watch a second of it, not when there is fresh paint to watch dry.

at about the 35 second mark
what do you think?

No. The moment the ball is played (when the player with the ball kicks it) the receiving player is on sides. The receiving player is allowed to moved behind the defenders to meet the ball. It's extremely close, but the receiving player the ball is on sides in the instance the ball is played.

Just curious, why are you hoping the US women lose?

what do you think?

No. The moment the ball is played (when the player with the ball kicks it) the receiving player is on sides. The receiving player is allowed to moved behind the defenders to meet the ball. It's extremely close, but the receiving player the ball is on sides in the instance the ball is played.

I thought either the ball or an opponent had to be between the receiver and the goal?
but if a pass is being made to the player and he is onside, it doesn't matter if he is past the defender and still not have the ball?
  • He is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.
Soccer 101: Explaining the Offside Rule

what do you think?

I thought either the ball or an opponent had to be between the receiver and the goal?
but if a pass is being made to the player and he is onside, it doesn't matter if he is past the defender and still not have the ball?
  • He is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.
Soccer 101: Explaining the Offside Rule

Once the pass is made (when the players foot touches the ball), the receiver of the pass can go meet the pass behind the last defender and is not off-sides. The run behind the defense has to be timed perfectly. If you have a moment, this video explains the timing of it. Some of these players look off-sides, but they are not because they timed their run the moment the pass was made. There is a good example at 1:35.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back