2017 Co2 watch thread--How high will it go?

were gonna die beaker.gif

Classic Matthew..

I will never stop posting science and numbers. ;) It helps me and makes happy. It's soothing to me to post these numbers...

Before the election I had every single libertarian and conservative on ignore...Probably at least 200! I started out fresh after the election...Starting to reload it.

Yawn.....

Breathless Mathew worrying about something that does not do what he thinks.. A measurement that ranges from 380ppm to 411ppm depending on where you are on the globe..

Tell me Mathew did we have glaciation when the earth CO2 levels were above 7,000ppm?
Because we did not have a glaciation when the CO2 levels were above 7000 ppm, Silly Billy, you lying little fuck.

http://www.atmosedu.com/Geol390/articles/RoyeretalCO2GSAToday'04PhanerozoicClimate.pdf

ABSTRACT Recent studies have purported to show a closer correspondence between reconstructed Phanerozoic records of cosmic ray flux and temperature than between CO2 and temperature. The role of the greenhouse gas CO2 in controlling global temperatures has therefore been questioned. Here we review the geologic records of CO2 and glaciations and find that CO2 was low (<500 ppm) during periods of long-lived and widespread continental glaciations and high (>1000 ppm) during other, warmer periods. The CO2 record is likely robust because independent proxy records are highly correlated with CO2 predictions from geochemical models. The Phanerozoic sea surface temperature record as inferred from shallow marine carbonate δ18O values has been used to quantitatively test the importance of potential climate forcings, but it fails several first-order tests relative to more well-established paleoclimatic indicators: both the early Paleozoic and Mesozoic are calculated to have been too cold for too long. We explore the possible influence of seawater pH on the δ18O record and find that a pH-corrected record matches the glacial record much better. Periodic fluctuations in the cosmic ray flux may be of some climatic significance, but are likely of secondorder importance on a multimillionyear timescale.

Notice that the charts in your paper only go back to 600 MA. We had something called the "snowball Earth" between 650 MA to 750 MA.

How convenient that the paper wouldn't include this period of Earth's climate history.

And that is why most of the world believes in global warming! Not only the scientist...But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

Says a lot about this country. Maybe the American people are generally really stupid?

And that is why most of the world believes in global warming! Not only the scientist...But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

Says a lot about this country. Maybe the American people are generally really stupid?

But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

From your base in reality, how many trillions do we have to spend on windmills to ensure the climate never, ever changes?

This thread is only for data...God, how dumb are you people.

Recent Daily Average Mauna Loa CO2

November 19: 404.29 ppm
November 18: 403.18 ppm
November 17: 404.23 ppm
November 16: 404.70 ppm
November 15: 404.70 ppm

Do you understand Matthew that the SEASONAL VARIATION of CO2 at Mauna --- the part that HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING YEAR -- is 3 times as large as the annual increase? Watching it DAILY like gambling addict is not normal.. And pretty darn meaningless.

Matthew posted two pairs of values, each pair exactly one year apart. Your criticism is in error and unwarranted.

Matthew posted two pairs of values, each pair exactly one year apart. Your criticism is in error and unwarranted.

Certainly NOT in the post above that I replied to.. Do you not use the quote function -- so you can get these little digs in without alerting me to a response? Or are you lazy?

There are no "pairs" of data in Post #4 that I responded to.

Certainly NOT in the post above that I replied to.. Do you not use the quote function -- so you can get these little digs in without alerting me to a response? Or are you lazy?

The former. He's trying to get his digs in without alerting you.

And yes, I have put both pieces of anti-science [Matthew] on ignore.

Also I can't read you and I will put anyone on ignore…

“There is none so blind as he who will not see.”

One who willfully chooses ignorance over knowledge is worthy only of scorn, contempt, and mockery.
And that is exactly what you deserve, Blaylock. You have obviously chosen ignorance and stupidity over knowledge. You constantly post but never back anything at all up with links to credible scientists. Mathew does back almost all his posts.

Yawn.....

Breathless Mathew worrying about something that does not do what he thinks.. A measurement that ranges from 380ppm to 411ppm depending on where you are on the globe..

Tell me Mathew did we have glaciation when the earth CO2 levels were above 7,000ppm?
Because we did not have a glaciation when the CO2 levels were above 7000 ppm, Silly Billy, you lying little fuck.

http://www.atmosedu.com/Geol390/articles/RoyeretalCO2GSAToday'04PhanerozoicClimate.pdf

ABSTRACT Recent studies have purported to show a closer correspondence between reconstructed Phanerozoic records of cosmic ray flux and temperature than between CO2 and temperature. The role of the greenhouse gas CO2 in controlling global temperatures has therefore been questioned. Here we review the geologic records of CO2 and glaciations and find that CO2 was low (<500 ppm) during periods of long-lived and widespread continental glaciations and high (>1000 ppm) during other, warmer periods. The CO2 record is likely robust because independent proxy records are highly correlated with CO2 predictions from geochemical models. The Phanerozoic sea surface temperature record as inferred from shallow marine carbonate δ18O values has been used to quantitatively test the importance of potential climate forcings, but it fails several first-order tests relative to more well-established paleoclimatic indicators: both the early Paleozoic and Mesozoic are calculated to have been too cold for too long. We explore the possible influence of seawater pH on the δ18O record and find that a pH-corrected record matches the glacial record much better. Periodic fluctuations in the cosmic ray flux may be of some climatic significance, but are likely of secondorder importance on a multimillionyear timescale.

Notice that the charts in your paper only go back to 600 MA. We had something called the "snowball Earth" between 650 MA to 750 MA.

How convenient that the paper wouldn't include this period of Earth's climate history.
Really? How so? Explain yourself if you can.

But, hell, people that make shit up here in America seem to want to go against reality.

From your base in reality, how many trillions do we have to spend on windmills to ensure the climate never, ever changes?
Now Todd, we spend many billions, not trillions, on wind turbines because they produce electricity at a profit. The ultra-liberal state of Texas has the most wind power, and is installing a lot more as we post. It is economics that is driving the boom times for wind and solar.

In other words, I don't want to face the reality of the increasing CO2 that we are putting into the atmosphere. I would rather pretend like nothing is happening, and go along with the orange clown and shut down science in the USA.

Yawn.....

Really? How so? Explain yourself if you can.
"How so" what? Aren't you familiar with the geologic period called "snowball earth" when the entire planet was covered with ice?

Forum List

Back