2016: A Referendum on the Future of America?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The upcoming election isn't about the quality of the candidates running for office. Rather, it will be a reflection of the American public's ability to govern itself through a representative democracy. Will the seeds of 1960's radicalism finally grow into full fruition?

Will the United States join its neighbors to its south as the world's biggest banana republic? Does anyone doubt we are headed in that direction?

It won't affect me personally, but future generations will know a very different America from what it once was. Is this good or bad? I guess it depends on your perspective. It's no longer a question of if, but how quickly, this will occur.

The upcoming election isn't about the quality of the candidates running for office. Rather, it will be a reflection of the American public's ability to govern itself through a representative democracy. Will the seeds of 1960's radicalism finally grow into full fruition?

Will the United States join its neighbors to its south as the world's biggest banana republic? Does anyone doubt we are headed in that direction?

It won't affect me personally, but future generations will know a very different America from what it once was. Is this good or bad? I guess it depends on your perspective. It's no longer a question of if, but how quickly, this will occur.

Steady as she goes, not to worry, corporate power and concentrated wealth will continue to guide the ship through the troubled waters corporate power and concentrated wealth create.

You and the majority of Americans seem to think America is "headed in the wrong direction"...95% of the time. It's interesting that no one seems to please you folks.

You and the majority of Americans seem to think America is "headed in the wrong direction"...95% of the time. It's interesting that no one seems to please you folks.

Well, Jefferson Davis is no longer with us.

I doubt any of those gloomy items you spoke of will happen. America has problems of course, but what country does not?

I doubt any of those gloomy items you spoke of will happen. America has problems of course, but what country does not?

You sound like a politician who kicks the can down the road until it goes over a cliff. Are you aware of the growing numbers of governmental bankruptcies? Do you understand that annual interest on the national debt will exceed $1 trillion in the not too distant future?

America has BIG problems, with NO solutions in sight. Ignoring them won't make them go away.

Forum List

Back