2012 Presidential Debate - Third and Final Debate

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Sarah G, Oct 22, 2012.

?

And The Winner Is..

1. Barack Obama

32.8%
  2. Mitt Romney

57.8%
  3. Jon Stewart

12.5%
  4. "Mitt Romneh won, yuo only think it was Obummer becuase deh moderater was bias!"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,939
    We support somebody who thinks like that because thati is the way the world worked before the nanny state in which people are taught that they are entitled to what other people have earned. My husband and I didn't have parents we could borrow from either, so we worked and saved and did without a lot of fun stuff so that our kids could go to college and then so that we could go into business for ourselves. And we are proud of that and especially that it succeeded. Our kids were raised with values that they could achieve anything by using the gifts God gave them and they have both succeeded beyond anything hubby and I have accomplished.

Children should be raised to trust in themselves, live up to their full potential, and reach for the stars. If they are raised watching Mom live off a government check and with the mentality that others owe them just because they were born or that they don't need to put out maximum effort because there will be a safety net for them, or it is just easier to take the handouts than to even try, they will not be as successful if they are successful at all.

2. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,728
  3. Too Tall

Too Tall Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +219
    If allowing a US Ambassador and 3 other US citizens to be murdered due to lack of security is successful, what would you call failure?

4. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Enough evidence and concrete proof to be forced to admit it?

5. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Given the War Powers Act (and without even discussing whether or not there is any REAL Constitutional validity to that Act), is it actually a mistake (technically speaking) to assume that a President can begin a process of waging war on Iran without an okey-dokey from Congress?

6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,188
    "...go to college. If you don’t have the money to do this, borrow the money from your parents, which is a great idea. But not everyone has parents who can afford to pay for their child’s college education,..."

Pretty good point to discuss.

Why do you assume that money is in any way a bar to a college education?

There are a multitude of opportunities that would provide the money, and not just loans.
    Scholarships?

Work study?

Junior college...and then transfer to a four year.

Night school.

And...the most overlooked.....college in small doses, over a decade. Have you ever heard one asked how long it took to graduate? Me, neither.

And....even self-study sans the actual degree. Ever meet someone who you felt was really sharp....then learned that they had never attended college?

How about the service.....or ROTC?

One need not be a child, waiting for someone else to take care of them.
    Be a conservative.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Your definition of a handout is quite different from mine. As is Romney's.

8. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,939
    No doubt. Most people on the left feel righteous if the government takes my money and gives it to somebody else.

I feel good when I give my own money of my own free will to somebody in need.

Most people on the left think it is good to take money that people have earned and give to other people.

Most people on the right think this usually causes more harm than good.

Most people on the left don't care that most of the money taken 'for the poor' is actually swallowed up by the massive bureaucracy that government has become and relatively little gets to anybody who really needs it.

Most people on the right think this is the most inefficient and ineffective way to help people.

So you're right. There are distinct differences.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Not as you have described. I really hate your attitude. You sound so selfish and mean to me. And I know that most people on the right agree with you. That's what I dislike about them. You all brag about being, "Christian". But none of you have the slightest idea what it means.

“Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But I’m afraid He would ask me the same question.” – Anonymous

10. Amazed

Amazed BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    ...and you sound absolutely childish and petulant, nobody cares what you think about them.