2012: Obama Wins. Now what?

Many of those 61% opposed Obama care because it did not go far enough, not because they opposed the idea.

A small sliver, perhaps.

Point was, no one really wanted the attrocity that was passed, that's the thing. Obama insisted on passing it anyway.

I think there were a few good ideas in ObamaCare. But there were a lot of bad ideas, too.

You do not know how many.

It can be changed.

Obama wasn't good at working with his own people, either.

The only way he got the health care bill through the Senate was by knuckling under to demands by Leiberman, Bayh and Nelson to add things into it that just showed the hypocrisy of it all.

Here's the real problem. 61% opposed ObamaCare. He went ahead with it anyway. That's his problem, his inability to work with people. That's why he's failed.

Many of those 61% opposed Obama care because it did not go far enough, not because they opposed the idea.

Yes! That is the mantra of the Left. We didnt do enough. The stimulus failed not because it was a stupid unworkable idea but because it wasn't big enough. Obamacare is umpopular not because it imposes a huge bureaucracy and many costs and strips people of choice, but because it didnt go far enough in resembling the Soviet Union. Congress is umpopular not because they've failed to pass a budget and are fiscally reckless but because they didnt go far enough in making us into France or Greece.
Please, run on that.

The stimulus did work, it was just not big enough.

If the GOP can't trot up anybody better than this right now, with the economy slowly growing, BHO is going to win.

B-StupidPeopleDeserve.gif

1233ad9a58c8.jpg

We sure got one from 2000-2008, and it's going to take years to clean up that mess.

If the GOP can't trot up anybody better than this right now, with the economy slowly growing, BHO is going to win.

Are you not paying attention to what's going on in Europe, Jake? Our economy isn't going to grow because one of our major trading partners is in serious danger of imploding due to their signing onto a couple of decades of the same tax and spend progressive nonsense that you and your friends think will work so well here.

Barack Obama has run out of solutions. It happened about a year ago. All we've gotten since has been finger pointing and excuse making. It's time for him to step aside and let someone with some real answers to our problems to take control of the Oval Office.

The Rabbi is the guy who believes Santorum et al can beat Obama. My goodness.

My left foot could beat Obama. He is the worst president ever. And that includes Idi Amin.

How about this:

If Obama wins the next election, you put in your sig line, "All Hail President Obama, your President, My President, Our President" if you're so confident.

If anybody (or anything else beats Mr. Obama including your left foot), I'll change my sig line to read "All Hail President ___________ "(insert the winner's name in the blank) "your President, My President, Our President".

And leave it there until the end of 2012.

If you're so confident, it should be an easy win for you. Which begs the question, why are you scared to take me up on this victimless wager? Are you that afraid or just naturally gutless?

He wouldn't dare take that bet.

He doesn't have the balls. In Meh-hee-co, day say Co-HONE-nezz! :lol:

Are you not paying attention to what's going on in Europe, Jake? Our economy isn't going to grow because one of our major trading partners is in serious danger of imploding due to their signing onto a couple of decades of the same tax and spend progressive nonsense that you and your friends think will work so well here.

Barack Obama has run out of solutions. It happened about a year ago. All we've gotten since has been finger pointing and excuse making. It's time for him to step aside and let someone with some real answers to our problems to take control of the Oval Office.

1. Who would that be?

2. What answers and solutions do they have?

3. How will they get it to work?

Bonus Question: How long will it take?

1. Who would that be?

There isn't a Republican running at the moment that wouldn't handle the economy far better than Barack Obama has, Marc.

The overiding difference between ALL the Republican candidates and Obama is that the Republicans are all in favor of spending cuts to shrink the deficit while Obama and the Democrats want to attack the deficit by raising taxes.

The American people understand that we can't keep on with these trillion dollar budget deficits, Marc. THEY are the ones that are calling for cuts. It's time for Washington to listen.

How long will it take for what? To erase our deficit? A long, long time. What we need to do is stop the nonsense. We're three years into the Obama Administration and they haven't made significant cuts to government AT ALL. NONE. He talks about it a lot...but never does anything about it. We need someone who DOES something.

1. Who would that be?

There isn't a Republican running at the moment that wouldn't handle the economy far better than Barack Obama has, Marc.

The overiding difference between ALL the Republican candidates and Obama is that the Republicans are all in favor of spending cuts to shrink the deficit while Obama and the Democrats want to attack the deficit by raising taxes.

The American people understand that we can't keep on with these trillion dollar budget deficits, Marc. THEY are the ones that are calling for cuts. It's time for Washington to listen.

How long will it take for what? To erase our deficit? A long, long time. What we need to do is stop the nonsense. We're three years into the Obama Administration and they haven't made significant cuts to government AT ALL. NONE. He talks about it a lot...but never does anything about it. We need someone who DOES something.

Oldstyle talks silly. If Europe tanks, that is not BHO's fault, and the American electorate knows it. And if we go into major depression, the last tlhing the voters want is a president threatening cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Cut the big bucks in Defense, install means testing and age requirements in SS, leave Medicare and Medicaid alone.

Newt and Mitt understand that and will stiff a GOP Congress that goes after the human support programs, rightfully so.

1. Who would that be?

Oldstyle talks silly. If Europe tanks, that is not BHO's fault, and the American electorate knows it. And if we go into major depression, the last tlhing the voters want is a president threatening cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Cut the big bucks in Defense, install means testing and age requirements in SS, leave Medicare and Medicaid alone.

Newt and Mitt understand that and will stiff a GOP Congress that goes after the human support programs, rightfully so.

Where did I ever say that Europe "tanking" would be Obama's fault? What I pointed out is the very real danger of that happening and that the effect on our economy would be hard felt. What I also pointed out was that the reason Europe is in danger of tanking is that they have followed decades of tax and spend liberalism...which Obama and his followers admire so much and want us to emulate.

Do you not "get" that entitlements need to be reformed or they are going to cause us to go into insolvency? Medicaid is the biggest problem of the Big Three and you don't even want to touch it? Typical, Jake...

A small sliver, perhaps.

Point was, no one really wanted the attrocity that was passed, that's the thing. Obama insisted on passing it anyway.

I think there were a few good ideas in ObamaCare. But there were a lot of bad ideas, too.
....And, you can't identify/explain...

.....ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Where did I ever say that Europe "tanking" would be Obama's fault? What I pointed out is the very real danger of that happening and that the effect on our economy would be hard felt. What I also pointed out was that the reason Europe is in danger of tanking is that they have followed decades of tax and spend liberalism...which Obama and his followers admire so much and want us to emulate.

Do you not "get" that entitlements need to be reformed or they are going to cause us to go into insolvency? Medicaid is the biggest problem of the Big Three and you don't even want to touch it? Typical, Jake...

You have no idea about European politics, economics, and taxation obviously.

Entitlements are not the problems. Medicaid and Medicare work just fine and the funding is sufficient. Social Security needs some tweaking, nothing major.

You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about.

Believe this, if the world tips into a major depression, the American electorate will turn away from the Republican Party.

Entitlements are not the problems. Medicaid and Medicare work just fine and the funding is sufficient. Social Security needs some tweaking, nothing major.

Believe this, if the world tips into a major depression, the American electorate will turn away from the Republican Party.

Actually, I was a history major, Jake...with an emphasis on European history. I don't think you have a clue how bad things are in Europe right now.

And if you think that Medicaid and Medicare are working just fine and their funding is sufficient then you have shown yourself to be equally uninformed about entitlements in this country.

My left foot could beat Obama. He is the worst president ever. And that includes Idi Amin.

How about this:

If Obama wins the next election, you put in your sig line, "All Hail President Obama, your President, My President, Our President" if you're so confident.

If anybody (or anything else beats Mr. Obama including your left foot), I'll change my sig line to read "All Hail President ___________ "(insert the winner's name in the blank) "your President, My President, Our President".

And leave it there until the end of 2012.

If you're so confident, it should be an easy win for you. Which begs the question, why are you scared to take me up on this victimless wager? Are you that afraid or just naturally gutless?

The Republicans are terrified to bet because they know that Romney and Gingrich are lame.

They are scared of something despite all of the bluster of "________ can beat Obama". They obviously do not believe their own noise.

The GOP is not scared of anything. Certainly not a president with plunging approval ratings, 9%+ unemployment for his entire term, credit downgrades, and a failed Afghan war.

Actually, I was a history major, Jake...with an emphasis on European history. I don't think you have a clue how bad things are in Europe right now.

And if you think that Medicaid and Medicare are working just fine and their funding is sufficient then you have shown yourself to be equally uninformed about entitlements in this country.

Who cares if you went to Wharton when you don't understand the problem. Things are bad in Europe, yes. That can have a devastating effect on us, yes. Curbing social entitlements is not the answer. Massive cuts in Defense and reforming SS with means testing and age evaluation will help. Also, you better understand that if Obama is re-elected, everyone cuts a tax hike when the Bush entitlements run out in 2013.

We are ALL going to have to pay our share.

Forum List

Back