2012: Obama Wins. Now what?

The GOP has proven it is unwilling to work with Obama.

Very true. Obama has completely alienated the opposing party to the point where he can't work with them.

Which is probably the best argument as to why he should go.

No, they should go for putting their personal feelings ahead of what is best for America. Obama's biggest mistake has been trying to work with these people.

obama should go sit on the porch.. and not try to "work with these people"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he's a total fucking failure of an asswipe.

Very true. Obama has completely alienated the opposing party to the point where he can't work with them.

No, they should go for putting their personal feelings ahead of what is best for America. Obama's biggest mistake has been trying to work with these people.

obama is an asswipe.

Unfortunately, looking at what the Republicans are offering, it is not a done deal that the asswipe will lose next year. It is not like any of the front runners (except maybe Gingrich) are any different than the asswipe. We're screwed in 2013 one way or another.

Immie

obama is an asswipe.

Thank you for proving my point.

"These people" are the elected representatives of whatever state they come from. He has never tried to work with them. He has always demonized and brow beaten them. He is the most partisan president in history, with the least accomplishments for it. He is incapable of working with opposition. Obama needs to go.

So let's say the unthinkable happens and Obama wins re-election (G-d forbid). He is sworn in in January 2013 (Heaven forbid) and serves another 4 years (L-rd save us). Now what?
The Congress will go over to the GOP, having the lowest ratings in years. What will Obama do for 4 years? He is the most compromised president in history. He doesn't have a shred of credibility with the GOP, having demonized them for over 4 years. He has proven he cannot work with them. He has proven he ignores all advice contrary to his own ideas (see, Simpson-Bowles). He is unable to get a single piece of legislation through Congress. And his regulatory moves are blocked by Congressional action.
Is that really the formula for success? Gridlock?
No, Obama is unable to govern. The Dems need to choose someone else as a sacrificial lamb.

1233ad9a58c8.jpg

Obama wasn't good at working with his own people, either.

The only way he got the health care bill through the Senate was by knuckling under to demands by Leiberman, Bayh and Nelson to add things into it that just showed the hypocrisy of it all.

Here's the real problem. 61% opposed ObamaCare. He went ahead with it anyway. That's his problem, his inability to work with people. That's why he's failed.

The only way he got the health care bill through the Senate was by knuckling under to demands by Leiberman, Bayh and Nelson to add things into it that just showed the hypocrisy of it all.

Here's the real problem. 61% opposed ObamaCare. He went ahead with it anyway. That's his problem, his inability to work with people. That's why he's failed.

Many of those 61% opposed Obama care because it did not go far enough, not because they opposed the idea.

Many of those 61% opposed Obama care because it did not go far enough, not because they opposed the idea.

A small sliver, perhaps.

Point was, no one really wanted the attrocity that was passed, that's the thing. Obama insisted on passing it anyway.

I think there were a few good ideas in ObamaCare. But there were a lot of bad ideas, too.

Yes! That is the mantra of the Left. We didnt do enough. The stimulus failed not because it was a stupid unworkable idea but because it wasn't big enough. Obamacare is umpopular not because it imposes a huge bureaucracy and many costs and strips people of choice, but because it didnt go far enough in resembling the Soviet Union. Congress is umpopular not because they've failed to pass a budget and are fiscally reckless but because they didnt go far enough in making us into France or Greece.
Please, run on that.

A small sliver, perhaps.

Point was, no one really wanted the attrocity that was passed, that's the thing. Obama insisted on passing it anyway.

I think there were a few good ideas in ObamaCare. But there were a lot of bad ideas, too.

A small sliver my ass. (it was 2 to 1 in favor of going further)

Poll: Many voters think healthcare reform didn't go far enough

A small sliver, perhaps.

A small sliver my ass. (it was 2 to 1 in favor of going further)

Poll: Many voters think healthcare reform didn't go far enough

Essentially you had a poll that asked

Do you support Obamacare as written?
Do you think it should do more?
Do you think it should be eliminated?

The deceptive Republicans took the second and third options as supporting their view that Americans oppose Obamacare

That's such a crock. The American people are smart enough to do the math and come to the conclusion that the numbers the Obama Administration were trying to feed them about what Obamacare would cost and how it would be paid for was a fairy tale. The reason Obamacare is so unpopular is that it's another massive unfunded entitlement program being brought online at a time when we already can't pay for the OTHER entitlement programs we have. The reason it's unpopular is that it's going to bankrupt the country.

And yes...there WERE idiots who didn't think it went "far enough". They're the same deluded fools that think if we take all the money the rich have that we can pay for all this stuff.

That's such a crock. The American people are smart enough to do the math and come to the conclusion that the numbers the Obama Administration were trying to feed them about what Obamacare would cost and how it would be paid for was a fairy tale. The reason Obamacare is so unpopular is that it's another massive unfunded entitlement program being brought online at a time when we already can't pay for the OTHER entitlement programs we have. The reason it's unpopular is that it's going to bankrupt the country.

And here we have a typical example of how the right is not fact based. You've been presented with the evidence. The facts PROVE that the majority of the people who disapprove of Obamacare do so because they wanted more, not because they wanted less. But in the face of this PROOF, you insist on believing what you think OUGHT to be true on the basis of your ideology, not what actually IS true.

What can anyone do with people who insist, not just on their own opinions, but on living in their own separate reality? You might as well be on a constant mescaline high, or living in a bubble.

Essentially you had a poll that asked

Do you support Obamacare as written?
Do you think it should do more?
Do you think it should be eliminated?

The deceptive Republicans took the second and third options as supporting their view that Americans oppose Obamacare

Exactly. A bigger swath of the American public actually wanted MORE. The RepubliCON$ totally and completely ignored that part of equation.

And here we have a typical example of how the right is not fact based. You've been presented with the evidence. The facts PROVE that the majority of the people who disapprove of Obamacare do so because they wanted more, not because they wanted less. But in the face of this PROOF, you insist on believing what you think OUGHT to be true on the basis of your ideology, not what actually IS true.

What can anyone do with people who insist, not just on their own opinions, but on living in their own separate reality? You might as well be on a constant mescaline high, or living in a bubble.
These RWers are uncanny. This is what frustrates me to know end and pisses me off to the heights of pisstivity with these people.

Excellent post. :clap2:

And yes...there WERE idiots who didn't think it went "far enough". They're the same deluded fools that think if we take all the money the rich have that we can pay for all this stuff.
This is, yet, another example, of what I was referring to in my recent thread lauding rational and thinking RWers.

We all should be debating and communicating based on the same set of facts.

What you are doing, with this rabid RW ideology above all else, is breaking down communication...willfully. Why?

The Rabbi is the guy who believes Santorum et al can beat Obama. My goodness.

My left foot could beat Obama. He is the worst president ever. And that includes Idi Amin.

How about this:

If Obama wins the next election, you put in your sig line, "All Hail President Obama, your President, My President, Our President" if you're so confident.

If anybody (or anything else beats Mr. Obama including your left foot), I'll change my sig line to read "All Hail President ___________ "(insert the winner's name in the blank) "your President, My President, Our President".

And leave it there until the end of 2012.

If you're so confident, it should be an easy win for you. Which begs the question, why are you scared to take me up on this victimless wager? Are you that afraid or just naturally gutless?

The Rabbi is the guy who believes Santorum et al can beat Obama. My goodness.

My left foot could beat Obama. He is the worst president ever. And that includes Idi Amin.

How about this:

If Obama wins the next election, you put in your sig line, "All Hail President Obama, your President, My President, Our President" if you're so confident.

If anybody (or anything else beats Mr. Obama including your left foot), I'll change my sig line to read "All Hail President ___________ "(insert the winner's name in the blank) "your President, My President, Our President".

And leave it there until the end of 2012.

If you're so confident, it should be an easy win for you. Which begs the question, why are you scared to take me up on this victimless wager? Are you that afraid or just naturally gutless?

The Republicans are terrified to bet because they know that Romney and Gingrich are lame.

Forum List

Back