2012 NBA Playoffs

I'm still in mourning over the Celtics. I do want OKC to win, just doubt it will happen.

We thought the Celtics were going to be lucky if they made it out of the first round and they finished their run one win away from the Finals. Celebrate what they did, man.

They definently exceeded expectations, it just sucks they were so close, they were right at the door.

Yup and they definitely got jobbed wicked bad in game two.

Had they beaten Miami they would have gotten swept by OKC.

We thought the Celtics were going to be lucky if they made it out of the first round and they finished their run one win away from the Finals. Celebrate what they did, man.

They definently exceeded expectations, it just sucks they were so close, they were right at the door.

Call me crazy but I would have liked to see them play OKC, even if they lost.

Of course I would have loved to have seen the Celts put the Heat away and face off against OKC. It would have been a massacre tho.

I'm more than content tho if this series is the beginning of an OKC dynasty that stands in the way of Lebron winning a title for the rest of his career.

Of course I would have loved to have seen the Celts put the Heat away and face off against OKC. It would have been a massacre tho.

I'm more than content tho if this series is the beginning of an OKC dynasty that stands in the way of Lebron winning a title for the rest of his career.

I would love to see that but I don't think its going to happen, that Miami team was put together by design and the whole purpose was to win championships, not be the runner ups. Lebron is already 0-2 in the finals, losing another NBA Finals would make him out to be a fraud.

Lebron will get another chance. And remember what I said. Stern can't do anything about it if Lebron shuts down in the 4th. The Thunder aren't in on the fix, right? So like they did the Spurs, when it comes down to crunch time, they put their opponents away. Didn't they sweep Dallas and the Lakers? If they didn't, they finished them off in 5 or 6. I don't think they went 7 once. So when the refs give Lebron the foul call, he misses one and Durant/Harden/Westbrook go down and BANG! And now all of the sudden we have Collison and Sefalosha stepping up? I didn't even know these guys existed before last night.

So Stern and the refs can't stop the Thunder. And I don't even think they care. I think they like the Thunder too. This is great for the NBA. No one wants Lebron to win. Even if he doesn't win, he's still the greatest physical athlete in the NBA. Durant just happens to be the best all around basketball player in the league. Too tall to handle. Unstoppable.

We were watching Bird highlights and Durant might be the black Larry Bird. :lol:

You guys can say Durant isn't a great defensive player, but he's as good as he needs to be. Good enough to win a championship. This goes 5 games if not a sweep.

I would love to see that but I don't think its going to happen, that Miami team was put together by design and the whole purpose was to win championships, not be the runner ups. Lebron is already 0-2 in the finals, losing another NBA Finals would make him out to be a fraud.

The Thunder are too good to cheat. Even with the cheating they can beat the Heat.

The Thunder are too good to cheat. Even with the cheating they can beat the Heat.

We will find out if thats true, I don't think the Thunder have had to play a game in crunch time 8 on 5 though. If the Thunder pull this off, Lebron can kiss his ref help good bye, Stern will leave him with just his dick in his hand just like Kobe, look at the Lakers now, in 2010 they were able to win a rigged game 7 on the free throw line, now they can't even get past the second round without the refs. If Lebron loses he will suffer the same fate.

Lebron will get another chance. And remember what I said. Stern can't do anything about it if Lebron shuts down in the 4th. The Thunder aren't in on the fix, right? So like they did the Spurs, when it comes down to crunch time, they put their opponents away. Didn't they sweep Dallas and the Lakers? If they didn't, they finished them off in 5 or 6. I don't think they went 7 once. So when the refs give Lebron the foul call, he misses one and Durant/Harden/Westbrook go down and BANG! And now all of the sudden we have Collison and Sefalosha stepping up? I didn't even know these guys existed before last night.

So Stern and the refs can't stop the Thunder. And I don't even think they care. I think they like the Thunder too. This is great for the NBA. No one wants Lebron to win. Even if he doesn't win, he's still the greatest physical athlete in the NBA. Durant just happens to be the best all around basketball player in the league. Too tall to handle. Unstoppable.

We were watching Bird highlights and Durant might be the black Larry Bird. :lol:

You guys can say Durant isn't a great defensive player, but he's as good as he needs to be. Good enough to win a championship. This goes 5 games if not a sweep.

I love Durant, he is the best basketball Player in the NBA.

We will find out if thats true, I don't think the Thunder have had to play a game in crunch time 8 on 5 though. If the Thunder pull this off, Lebron can kiss his ref help good bye, Stern will leave him with just his dick in his hand just like Kobe, look at the Lakers now, in 2010 they were able to win a rigged game 7 on the free throw line, now they can't even get past the second round without the refs. If Lebron loses he will suffer the same fate.

Kobe lost because the Lakers gave up Lamar Odom and Derrek Fisher.

Hey, I finally found someone rooting for Lebron. ARod. They have a lot in common. Arod was in the same boat when he went to the Yankees and he finally got the monkey off his back, but it took a few years. Stern will not leave Lebron. The Heat will add better role players to their roster until they get it right. Or Wade is getting old and slow so it may not even be with Wade on the team. OR, what if Lebron goes somewhere else? If he has to do that, that is sad. And we will love it.

Trust me, Stern is going to benefit from Lebron for years to come. Who in the East is going to beat him? Remember, the Pistons went to the Eatern Conference Finals something like 8 years in a row. They only won one title. Lebron will get his 1. Just not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7. :badgrin:

Hey, I finally found someone rooting for Lebron. ARod. They have a lot in common. Arod was in the same boat when he went to the Yankees and he finally got the monkey off his back, but it took a few years. Stern will not leave Lebron. The Heat will add better role players to their roster until they get it right. Or Wade is getting old and slow so it may not even be with Wade on the team. OR, what if Lebron goes somewhere else? If he has to do that, that is sad. And we will love it.

Trust me, Stern is going to benefit from Lebron for years to come. Who in the East is going to beat him? Remember, the Pistons went to the Eatern Conference Finals something like 8 years in a row. They only won one title. Lebron will get his 1. Just not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7. :badgrin:

Odom and Fisher were present when Dallas swept them last year, they had the same damn team that won the championship back in 2010. Lamar Odom played like shit this year and would not have changed things for them if he played in the Thunder series, Lamar got sent to the D League and cut from the Mavericks because he played so awful. Bottom line without the refs helping them, this is the honest Lakers team, a second round team at best.

And I love it that people are starting to realize that. Remember I compared him to Bill Russell and someone said Durant doesn't play defense? Well he played enough D to keep the Heat under 100 points. And enough to win. You only have to play tough D if you aren't scoring enough points. And from what I see, Durant does his job. He isn't a liability on D. And when he wins multiple championships, maybe then it will be ok for me to compare him to the great Bill Russell. I know its too early.

And what did you think about me calling Durant the black Larry Bird? My co-worker made that up after we watched some Bird highlights. My God was that guy amazing. Shooting the ball in the basket was easy for him. Durant too.

Maybe Lebron will be the next Jerry West? make the Finals like 8 or 9 times and not win jack shit, but I agree Stern won't abandon Lebron just yet, theres been too much time and money invested in him, Stern will get his moneys worth.

And I love it that people are starting to realize that. Remember I compared him to Bill Russell and someone said Durant doesn't play defense? Well he played enough D to keep the Heat under 100 points. And enough to win. You only have to play tough D if you aren't scoring enough points. And from what I see, Durant does his job. He isn't a liability on D. And when he wins multiple championships, maybe then it will be ok for me to compare him to the great Bill Russell. I know its too early.

And what did you think about me calling Durant the black Larry Bird? My co-worker made that up after we watched some Bird highlights. My God was that guy amazing. Shooting the ball in the basket was easy for him. Durant too.

Durant COULD be the next Larry bird, but we should wait to see if he can close out this series before we annoint him that I still want to see how Durant does under pressure when the refs are giving every call to the Miami Heat and that will happen at some point in this series.

Durant is great and will be a HOF if he has longevity, but I still think LBJ is better! OKC is deeper and that is why they can compete.

But ask yourself this? Name a player from that Cleveland team, other than LBJ, that LBJ brought to the finals? You will start naming some very shitty players. LBJ brought a horrible team to the finals!

Then ask yourself, regardless of personal feelings (I personally can't stand LBJ and love Durant), if you were building a team would you really pick Durant over LBJ? Doubtfully. I might not (more like probably not) pick him over Howard!

Durant is great and will be a HOF if he has longevity, but I still think LBJ is better! OKC is deeper and that is why they can compete.

But ask yourself this? Name a player from that Cleveland team, other than LBJ, that LBJ brought to the finals? You will start naming some very shitty players. LBJ brought a horrible team to the finals!

Then ask yourself, regardless of personal feelings (I personally can't stand LBJ and love Durant), if you were building a team would you really pick Durant over LBJ? Doubtfully. I might not (more like probably not) pick him over Howard!

I would pick Durant over Lebron anyday of the week, Durant is younger and is not even in his prime yet, he is only 23. Lebron has been in the league 10 years and is 0-2 in the Finals so far, and if the refs don't get involved he will lose again. Lebron had 2 All stars with him last year in the Finals Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, there is no excuse for them to lose to the Mavericks, he had plenty of help last year. Jason Kidd in his prime took some pretty shitty New Jersey Nets teams to the Finals as well twice, but nobody cares because they didn't win.

I would pick Durant over Lebron anyday of the week, Durant is younger and is not even in his prime yet, he is only 23. Lebron has been in the league 10 years and is 0-2 in the Finals so far, and if the refs don't get involved he will lose again. Lebron had 2 All stars with him last year in the Finals Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, there is no excuse for them to lose to the Mavericks, he had plenty of help last year. Jason Kidd in his prime took some pretty shitty New Jersey Nets teams to the Finals as well twice, but nobody cares because they didn't win.

We root against LBJ (and Kobe) when they are playing in the NBA, but we are damn grateful and proud when they represent America in the Olympics and World Games as American Patriots!

No one should feel sorry for LBJ, because he can wipe his tears with thousand dollar bills and have his bruised icon stroked by ten super-models at the same time, but I enjoy watching him play and I'm damn glad he gives up his off-season every four years to represent America (same with Kobe). As much as I admire KG and Duncan, they have only done it once!

We root against LBJ (and Kobe) when they are playing in the NBA, but we are damn grateful and proud when they represent America in the Olympics and World Games as American Patriots!

No one should feel sorry for LBJ, because he can wipe his tears with thousand dollar bills and have his bruised icon stroked by ten super-models at the same time, but I enjoy watching him play and I'm damn glad he gives up his off-season every four years to represent America (same with Kobe). As much as I admire KG and Duncan, they have only done it once!

Well when it comes to international competition thats different I want our best athletes to represent us regardless how I feel about them.

Durant COULD be the next Larry bird, but we should wait to see if he can close out this series before we annoint him that I still want to see how Durant does under pressure when the refs are giving every call to the Miami Heat and that will happen at some point in this series.

3 minutes left in the 3rd, the Heat are up around 10. Been up 17. The Thunder are playing like shit. But I'm not worried because this is when Lebron runs out of stuff.

I honestly pick Durant. He's the total package. He's a leader and a winner. Now I'm saying that with them down and only two minutes left in the 4th. They've been down the whole game. Miami's team is as good as they perform this series. How good Bosh, Battier, Wade, Chalmers and that little rookie are is yet to be written. I hope Miami blows this game. If they do, they will only win one at home and my prediction of it being over in 5 will come true. Come on Thunder!

All that money doesn't matter. It can't buy our opinions or his legacy. He already has all the money he can ever need. Now what? What is there? He must want to achieve something. And right now, he has not achieved it. So while we will never win a championship, maybe he won't either. But, he might be winning game two and stealing home court advantage. Shhh. Yes I respect his game. He's a god. Best physical athlete maybe of all time. The complete package. A muscular machine.

But we want Durant to win it all, not Lebron. And Durant can wipe his ass with your paycheck. So there. :eusa_whistle:

And we love having a Lebron fan so we can argue with you. You are a rare breed.

Fisher to Durant! Holy Shit!

Forum List

Back