2009 Divisional Series

2009 Divisional Series (pick one of each series)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ARTICLE!!!

What are you THINKING???

ANA over BOS???

I got a feeling.

I'm with ya dude...nothing to do with me going against the sox...

Angels have played the sox tough this year...I think they have a winning record over them in the reg season...5-4 I think i heard on Baseball tonight.

Red Sox offense needs to show up...and need to watch Angels stealing bases on them.

I'm looking forward to watching the Angels and Sox go at it...shoul dbe a fun series to watch

The series is going to be fun. I took Thursday night off and I have tickets to Sunday's game.

I just don't like where the Sox are at right now. It feels like we are limping into the postseason. Beckett and Buchholz's last two starts didn't exactly leave me with overwhelmed with confidence either.

I know that on paper the Sox are the better team but it feels like the Angel's are hungrier and due for a series win against Boston.

has nothing to do with pride...obviosuly anyone who knows the game of baseball knows that anything can happen in a short series....even the Yanks losing to the twins.

It's just very unlikely.

I bet you had a massive breakdown in 2004 huh? :D

actually no...it sucked of course...but the Yanks didn't deserve to win...after game 3 they played like shit..granted they had game 4 and blew it...games 5-7 they played like ass and I was more pissed then dissapointed.

2001 hurt a lot more then 2004...it's not even close

ARTICLE!!!

What are you THINKING???

ANA over BOS???

I got a feeling.

Is it one of those I'll-pick-against-them-because-then-if-they-lose-I-can-at-least-feel-pleased-that-my-pick-was-correct-but-if-they-win-my-elation-will-temper-the-disappointment-of-picking-wrong type feelings?

That often happens when playing fantasy baseball. The Sox lose to Halladay...but at least I picked up some fantasy points.

lol ...

Naw, I really feel that way. I hope like crazy that I'm wrong.

I got a feeling.

I'm with ya dude...nothing to do with me going against the sox...

Angels have played the sox tough this year...I think they have a winning record over them in the reg season...5-4 I think i heard on Baseball tonight.

Red Sox offense needs to show up...and need to watch Angels stealing bases on them.

I'm looking forward to watching the Angels and Sox go at it...shoul dbe a fun series to watch

Again...the Angels 5-4 record against the Sox is about as meaningful as the Red Sox 9-1 record against the Angels in the playoffs this century, or as meaningful as the Yankees 7-0 record against the Twins or their 2007 record of 6-0 against the Indians.

Everything resets when the playoffs arrive.

thats the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard....of course you take into effect what they have done to each other in that years series...it's how you place matchups and know who pitches to who etc...

Baseball is the best game because no matter what....anything can happen in a short series like this...but you always have to take into effect what they ahve done to each other in the regular season.

Yanks are 7-0 against the twins

The Yanks were 6-0 against Cleveland in 2007.

How'd that work out?

Here;s the difference genius.

Indians also had 2 of the hottest pitchers going...CC and Caromona shut down the Yanks and Wang got lit up and didn't even make the games close.

Hence anything can happen in a short series and all goes back to prior discussions we had b4 that a good pitcher can shut down a good offense any day of the week.

Twins don't scare me one bit, esp without Morneau in the lineup

The one thing favoring the Yankees is that Minnesota plays in a dome...therefore the likelihood of an infestion of insects when Joba is pitching is unlikely.

actually no...it sucked of course...but the Yanks didn't deserve to win...after game 3 they played like shit..granted they had game 4 and blew it...games 5-7 they played like ass and I was more pissed then dissapointed.

What about 2003? I know Florida Marlins had this really young pitcher. He handed them their ass badly. What was his name again? ;)

What about 2003? I know Florida Marlins had this really young pitcher. He handed them their ass badly. What was his name again? ;)

Brad Penny

what about 2003...are you really this dumb? It doesn't bother me when my team loses because they got beat by a team that played better.

I was one of the few always saying that they shouldn't take the Marlisn for granted...I lived in Miami by then...I was at game 4 when Wells through his back out...that fat fuck.

I watched the Marlins play and knew they were good...I knew Beckett was a stud back then.

Dude, what are you bragging about...you've won 2 world series....I've seen 4....I've seen the playoffs every year since 1995 with the exception of last year.

Don't think because you can throw a few bad moments my teams have gone through it will get me depressed.

Watching my team play in october over and over and over again is reward enough.

I have also seeen 4 parades down the Canyon of Heroes....well 5 if you count when the Giants beat those Pats!!!

and Beckett lost the first game he pitched against the Yankees...regardless he still ptiched well that game but he still got the W

The one thing favoring the Yankees is that Minnesota plays in a dome...therefore the likelihood of an infestion of insects when Joba is pitching is unlikely.
The odds of him being able to hear himself think in that joint are even lower.

I don't think Joba thinks...

joba.jpg

20_joba_lgl.jpg

lol yea do you remember the game?

He gave up a solo homerun to Martinez which he left up and then he gave up a shot to Ortiz with someone on base.

2 bad pitches....other then that he gave up 3 hits to the rest of the lineup....and he had less then 90 pitches thrown..he could have easily gone 7 or 8 but they had the inning restriction on him

Forum List

Back