2009 Divisional Series

2009 Divisional Series (pick one of each series)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far my voting has been in line with everyone except the Yankees series. I think between the Twins having a moment like Colorado in 2007 and the Yankees struggling towards the end of the season, we will have a first round upset.

C.C will lose, AJ will lose, and if Joba plays he will lose. However, Andy will probably win giving the Twins a victory.

Otherwise:

Boston over the Angels

Cardinals over the struggling Dodgers.

Philly over Colorado.

Last edited:
I chose the obviously best teams in each series...but I certainly would love to see the Twins defeat the Yankees.

The two things I love in October are trick-or-treating and watching the Yankees lose in the first round of the playoffs.

lol @ the Twins beating the Yanks...you know nothing

Yanks are 7-0 against the twins

Hitting 300 against them and has an era just over 3.

Twins have an era over 5 and are hitting 224 and have no Mornueau.

They are on no rest and are flying the redeye as we speak.

They are going to get stomped on...probably swept.

Joba isn't starting.

CC/Burnett/and Petitte

Sox are going to have a much tougher series then the Yankees are

lol @ the Twins beating the Yanks...you know nothing

Hitting 300 against them and has an era just over 3.

Twins have an era over 5 and are hitting 224 and have no Mornueau.

They are on no rest and are flying the redeye as we speak.

They are going to get stomped on...probably swept.

Joba isn't starting.

CC/Burnett/and Petitte

Sox are going to have a much tougher series then the Yankees are

Pride cometh before the fall Andrew. Just remember that.

has nothing to do with pride...obviosuly anyone who knows the game of baseball knows that anything can happen in a short series....even the Yanks losing to the twins.

It's just very unlikely.

ARTICLE!!!

What are you THINKING???

ANA over BOS???

I got a feeling.

I'm with ya dude...nothing to do with me going against the sox...

Angels have played the sox tough this year...I think they have a winning record over them in the reg season...5-4 I think i heard on Baseball tonight.

Red Sox offense needs to show up...and need to watch Angels stealing bases on them.

I'm looking forward to watching the Angels and Sox go at it...shoul dbe a fun series to watch

has nothing to do with pride...obviosuly anyone who knows the game of baseball knows that anything can happen in a short series....even the Yanks losing to the twins.

It's just very unlikely.

I bet you had a massive breakdown in 2004 huh? :D

ARTICLE!!!

What are you THINKING???

ANA over BOS???

I got a feeling.

Is it one of those I'll-pick-against-them-because-then-if-they-lose-I-can-at-least-feel-pleased-that-my-pick-was-correct-but-if-they-win-my-elation-will-temper-the-disappointment-of-picking-wrong type feelings?

That often happens when playing fantasy baseball. The Sox lose to Halladay...but at least I picked up some fantasy points.

The Yanks were 6-0 against Cleveland in 2007.

How'd that work out?

Here;s the difference genius.

Indians also had 2 of the hottest pitchers going...CC and Caromona shut down the Yanks and Wang got lit up and didn't even make the games close.

Hence anything can happen in a short series and all goes back to prior discussions we had b4 that a good pitcher can shut down a good offense any day of the week.

Twins don't scare me one bit, esp without Morneau in the lineup

ARTICLE!!!

What are you THINKING???

ANA over BOS???

I got a feeling.

I'm with ya dude...nothing to do with me going against the sox...

Angels have played the sox tough this year...I think they have a winning record over them in the reg season...5-4 I think i heard on Baseball tonight.

Red Sox offense needs to show up...and need to watch Angels stealing bases on them.

I'm looking forward to watching the Angels and Sox go at it...shoul dbe a fun series to watch

Again...the Angels 5-4 record against the Sox is about as meaningful as the Red Sox 9-1 record against the Angels in the playoffs this century, or as meaningful as the Yankees 7-0 record against the Twins or their 2007 record of 6-0 against the Indians.

Everything resets when the playoffs arrive.

Forum List

Back