20 week Abortion act Passes House of Reps.

No one has the right to take control of your body against your will. I'm surprised you can't see that.

How is denying the woman's right to kill her. Children with abortion and different for. Denying her right to kill them after they stick their little heads out? It's the same bodies, same choices, same faces fingers and toes. . . Isn't it?

Now you are getting into emotional "pap" as you termed it.

The issue is competing rights. No one has the right to your body but you. You seem to want to exclude women from that right.

I am confident that the courts will agree with me on this. . . To the extent that a woman's rights are compromised by her prenatal children during pregnancy. . . Unless she was raped, she (along with the help of her partner) compromised them herself.

The courts haven't agreed...abortion is legal.

Abortion is only legal because the SCOTUS tried (foolishly) to make compromises between children's rights the women's rights, while ignoring personhood and trying to find the interest of the State.

The court is not infallible and the fist amendment insures that the people can file for redress until the court gets it right.
The U.S. Congress does not get craft unconstitutional law. Certainly, they can pass any law they want, but it won't take long for it to get challenged and sent back to the U.S. Supreme Court which will likely rule on precedent..

Are we getting into religion?

Not sure with the fuck religion has to do with the fact that a child's life begins at conception and (if we are to take the Constituion seriously) that is when their rights should begin as well. For the most partn Our fetal homicide laws already recognize that as fact, too.

Religion doesn't have shit to do with it.
who gives the rights...? The constitution (i.e. Government) or something else?

Where do you get this idea that rights (specifically the right that a person has to the life they are living) is something that is "given" to them by others?

Why can't it be inherent?

Will not an ant or a tree fight to survive if something is trying to kill them? What or who hives them the right to do so?
Ok, fair enough, I have a right to my own body.

Do you have the right to violate the body of another with 'your body'?
I don't have the right to assault some one, no.

The President will sign it but blood lust Democrats/Rino's, that's doubtful...

---------------------------------

Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives passed legislation Tuesday that would criminalize abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with exceptions for instances where the life of the mother is at risk and in cases involving rape or incest.

The bill passed the House by a vote of 237 for and 189 against, largely on party lines.
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is similar to legislation that failed in 2013and 2015, has support from the White House this time around.

House passes ban on abortion after 20 weeks - CNNPolitics

What about the life and/or health of fetus - Down Syndrome?

What about quality of life given certain birth defects?

I really don't know much about the quality of life for down syndrome people... Are you proposing euthanasia for quality of life issues you deem unacceptable for life .. less than human?

In your opinion. Never before were rights given before birth or personhood recognized before that event. In no other situation is a persons fundamental rights to her own body infringed upon.

The fact that RvW has withstood many challenges implies it was a good ruling. They got it right.

Wait.

You fucking think that personhood and rights are "given" to us by the fucking government?

Not sure with the fuck religion has to do with the fact that a child's life begins at conception and (if we are to take the Constituion seriously) that is when their rights should begin as well. For the most partn Our fetal homicide laws already recognize that as fact, too.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where the constitution talks about life and rights beginning at conception. I know the constitution mentions birth, but I didn't realize conception was in there. Could you point me to the relevant passage(s)? ;)

Does the Constituion say that all persons are entitled to the equal protections of our laws. . . Or does it say only persons we can no longer find reasons to deny?
Yes, where it says, "all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Where do you get this idea that rights (specifically the right that a person has to the life they are living) is something that is "given" to them by others?

Will not an ant or a tree fight to survive if something is trying to kill them? What or who hives them the right to do so?

Do you have the right to create another persons body and connect it to yours in such a way that they will die if you break the connection and then decide you regret taking that risk and then kill them anyway. . . With "your body?"

Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives passed legislation Tuesday that would criminalize abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with exceptions for instances where the life of the mother is at risk and in cases involving rape or incest.

The bill passed the House by a vote of 237 for and 189 against, largely on party lines.
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is similar to legislation that failed in 2013and 2015, has support from the White House this time around.

What about the life and/or health of fetus - Down Syndrome?

What about quality of life given certain birth defects?

I really don't know much about the quality of life for down syndrome people... Are you proposing euthanasia for quality of life issues you deem unacceptable for life .. less than human?

I have a cousin with Downs. . .anxious to see the answers.

Do you have the right to create another persons body and connect it to yours in such a way that they will die if you break the connection and then decide you regret taking that risk and then kill them anyway. . . With "your body?"

I have the total right to my own body. No one else does.

Abortion for fetal defects is a slippery slope...at what point is it ok or is it never ok?

I knew someone who's baby was diagnosed with anencephaly, no brain. The baby would have died at birth. She and her husband chose abortion.

The look on your face when the courts determine you DON'T have . . .

Eespecially, when you are denying that same right to a child and THEIR body.

Last edited:

The bill will die in the Senate just as dozens of other have over the years. Republicans have a hard time getting 52 votes and certainly won't get 60.

Abortion for fetal defects is a slippery slope...at what point is it ok or is it never ok?

I knew someone who's baby was diagnosed with anencephaly, no brain. The baby would have died at birth. She and her husband chose abortion.

If it would have died at birth. . . The reason for killing it is. . . What?

The look on your face when the courts determine you DON'T. . . when you deny that same right to a child and THEIR body.
LOL

Good luck getting the courts to ignore Roe v. Wade.
thumbsup.gif

A second trimester abortion ...accounts for less than 10% of abortions.

You're not making a strong argument that a limit on abortions after the 2nd and a half trimester incurs undue hardship or restriction on a woman if, as you say, they are more complicated and account for fewer than 10% of all abortions.

Should a woman be forced to carry it to term?

You're not making a strong argument that a limit on abortions after the 2nd and a half trimester incurs undue hardship or restriction on a woman if, as you say, they are more complicated and account for fewer than 10% of all abortions.
That gen percent still has rights.

The look on your face when the courts determine you DON'T. . . when you deny that same right to a child and THEIR body.
Thus far courts have upheld RvW and my rights. Looked in a mirror lately?

The bill will die in the Senate just as dozens of other have over the years. Republicans have a hard time getting 52 votes and certainly won't get 60.
No biggie. We will just have to gear up and try again.

That gen percent still has rights.

Thus far courts have upheld RvW and my rights. Looked in a mirror lately?

Thus far, that may be true.

But it won't last.

The court is changing and more and more convictions under our fetal HOMICIDE laws will inevitably be making their way through the courts. Appeals of those convictions on the claims that the fetal Homicide laws conflict with Roe, included.

All it will take is for the SCOTUS to decide to reconcile between the two (fetal homicide laws and Roe) and I have no worries or doubt that THAT will be how the Roe v Wade ruling falls.

Should a woman be forced to carry it to term?

She shouldn't be forced to do anything.

However, if she violates a child's rights AT ANY AGE. . . She should be held accountable for that.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where the constitution talks about life and rights beginning at conception. I know the constitution mentions birth, but I didn't realize conception was in there. Could you point me to the relevant passage(s)? ;)

Does the Constituion say that all persons are entitled to the equal protections of our laws. . . Or does it say only persons we can no longer find reasons to deny?

The constitution does not define persons specifically, so far as I am aware. The USSC decided that a fetus does not constitute a person under the 14th in Roe. I would guess that a fetus cannot be a natural born citizen, either, since it has not been born.

Our state and federal fetal homicide laws establish that a child in the womb is a person.....enough AT LEAST to warrant a charge of MURDER against anyone who kills one in a criminal act.

The question for the SCOTUS will be clear. How can the child be considered to be a person when a criminal even accidentally kills it but NOT a person when the mom pays some proabort to kill it intentionally?

As I've pointed out on multiple occasions, using evidence, including from the Supreme Court, there is more than one kind of legal "person."

Forum List

Back