20% Unemployment.. for youth

[
Actually, I'm surprised US unemployment isn't HIGHER for youth: The fact is, the EU simply has very few youths since procreation has become unfashionable. In contrast the US population between the ages of 18-25 is booming.

This unemployment rate only includes people actually looking for jobs.

The ones who are staying in school longer and/or living with mom and dad are not included if they aren't looking.

No wonder ObamaCare extends parental health care insurance coverage to those who are 26. The economy is not creating enough jobs for them to be self-sufficient (which is going to make SS and Medicare insolvency even worse).

[
Actually, I'm surprised US unemployment isn't HIGHER for youth: The fact is, the EU simply has very few youths since procreation has become unfashionable. In contrast the US population between the ages of 18-25 is booming.

This unemployment rate only includes people actually looking for jobs.

Ok then I'm surprised the rate isn't lower in EU.

Last edited:
U ment yoof.
Fatass Ebonics speaking oxygen thieves.

Attachments

• $FatKids.311155840_std.jpg
    $FatKids.311155840_std.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm sure you didn't mean to use "black" to describe both African Americans and the Worst of Sin....:eusa_whistle:

At any rate, African Americans primarily live in large urban areas where the Feds have set up shop to pander to all urbanized voting blocks, including Blacks, with grants, programs, and a wide array of services designed to maintain a minimum level of welfare, and civil obedience.

No, I didn't mean to use 'black' to describe both African Americans and the worst of sin, which is why I didn't do that. Or even implied that. The comment regarding 'sins' at least to me referred to the focus of those members who don't want to discuss the situations that exist for all the folks on my list, but who rather want to assign sin (or fault or blame or responsibility) to somebody and avoid discussing what created the problems that exist.

So if you are right that it is in fact the welfare state itself that is the underlying reason for a disproportionate number of black Americans being out of work, wouldn't it make sense to focus on that?

I seriously didn't think you were disparaging "Black," but some have made the arguement that the term "Black" has many negative connotations (e.g. Black Magic) that could be applied by the most ignorant to "Black" People.

At any rate, we need to focus on BOTH discoraging the lifetime use of welfare, and allowing the market to determine the minimum wage.

:)

Naw, you won't get me with that one. I am on a one-woman mission to eliminate political correctness as a liberal political trick to separate people from the mainstream. To insinuate that 'black sins' has any connection whatsoever to black people is a liberal trick to sidetrack the discussion and demonize the messenger. That both are used even in the same discussion is not an issue except for the prejudiced.

Since I don't see you as either liberal or prejudiced in the way that most liberals are prejudiced, I appreciate your concern. But I will still choose to not to allow political correctness defined by somebody else control how I shall choose to express myself.

The only way I see to eliminate exploitation of public welfare is to put it ALL in the hands of the private sector. I think that would do more to eliminate much poverty and corruption and graft in government than any other single thing I can think of.

Naw, you won't get me with that one. I am on a one-woman mission to eliminate political correctness as a liberal political trick to separate people from the mainstream. To insinuate that 'black sins' has any connection whatsoever to black people is a liberal trick to sidetrack the discussion and demonize the messenger. That both are used even in the same discussion is not an issue except for the prejudiced.

Yes it sounds like it will be a black day when I .........

:oops:

Since I don't see you as either liberal or prejudiced in the way that most liberals are prejudiced, I appreciate your concern. But I will still choose to not to allow political correctness defined by somebody else control how I shall choose to express myself.

:eusa_hand:

Not tto worry, I won't keep it as a black mark against you.......

The only way I see to eliminate exploitation of public welfare is to put it ALL in the hands of the private sector. I think that would do more to eliminate much poverty and corruption and graft in government than any other single thing I can think of.

Hmmmm......there are those black-hearted souls in the private sector that might take adv....

OH NEVER MIND!!!:evil:

Yes it sounds like it will be a black day when I .........

:eusa_hand:

Not tto worry, I won't keep it as a black mark against you.......

Hmmmm......there are those black-hearted souls in the private sector that might take adv....

OH NEVER MIND!!!:evil:

Okay, you got me clear out of my indignant mode and now I'm giggling. :razz: :clap2:

My family motto. "Life is supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right. Look around, find out what you are doing wrong, admit it to yourself, correct the situation and get on with your life."

My family motto. "Life is supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right. Look around, find out what you are doing wrong, admit it to yourself, correct the situation and get on with your life."

Good motto. And this message board stuff oughta be fun too. If it isn't we probably aren't doing that right either. :)

I don't know how much the numbers mean. many people out of college, including myself, go into non-traditional jobs after graduation. For instance, I am considered unemployed currently even thoguh I am technically self-employed working for a startup. After taxes are sorted this year I should be changed to employed though. I also know a number of people who went into consulting and took on multiple part-time, self-employed spots.

Forum List

Back