What Recovery? Things just keep getting worse.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Gallup's underemployment measure hit 20.0% on March 15th. This was up from 19.7% two weeks earlier and 19.5% at the start of the year. While the U.S. unemployment rate has leveled off (for now), the truth is that job seekers are increasingly finding that all they can get is part-time work. In the vast majority of cases, part-time work will not pay the mortgage or even really feed a family.

All of this economic pain is causing havoc in many American households. In fact, 1.2 million U.S. households have been lost during the recent recession as economic pain has forced many Americans to move in with relatives. It can be an extremely humbling thing to have to turn to relatives for help, but that is what an increasing number of Americans have been forced to do.

But now there are indications that things may soon get worse for the U.S. economy.....

If The U.S. Economy Is Experiencing A Recovery Why Does It Seem Like Things Keep Getting Worse?

Don't worry Bush proved that jobless recoveries are just fine.
Just like Reagan proved that defecits don't matter.

Gallup's underemployment measure hit 20.0% on March 15th. This was up from 19.7% two weeks earlier and 19.5% at the start of the year. While the U.S. unemployment rate has leveled off (for now), the truth is that job seekers are increasingly finding that all they can get is part-time work. In the vast majority of cases, part-time work will not pay the mortgage or even really feed a family.

All of this economic pain is causing havoc in many American households. In fact, 1.2 million U.S. households have been lost during the recent recession as economic pain has forced many Americans to move in with relatives. It can be an extremely humbling thing to have to turn to relatives for help, but that is what an increasing number of Americans have been forced to do.

But now there are indications that things may soon get worse for the U.S. economy.....

If The U.S. Economy Is Experiencing A Recovery Why Does It Seem Like Things Keep Getting Worse?

Hey Neubarth, tell it to the King. How many times have you danced the Henny Penny Polka? Only the RW fringers care about your inherited ESP talents and predictions of doom and gloom.

Don't worry Bush proved that jobless recoveries are just fine.
Just like Reagan proved that defecits don't matter.

Don't worry, Barney Frank proved there was no housing bubble, Fannie and Freddie were perfectly stable......

I am going to petition to Gunny to have your screen name changed to Eyore.

You are such a deep deep source of good cheer.

And when no one can deny that there is no recovery happening it will still be Bush's fault. After all they will still have inherited it. Ask Obama he'll be glad to tell you.

Hey Neubarth, tell it to the King. How many times have you danced the Henny Penny Polka? Only the RW fringers care about your inherited ESP talents and predictions of doom and gloom.

Boy, Crotch Scratcher, are you messed up! The Sky fell more than a year ago. The Evil Black King already knows about it. The Evil Black King has decided that to keep all of his sheeple tranquil and placated he will tell them that the sky is floating back up above where it belongs. "If you close your eyes, you can see it." he tells the sheeple.

Meanwhile I am pointing out that it is still on the ground. Help, it is fallen and can't get up! I'm right and the Evil Black King is wrong.

Boy, Crotch Scratcher, are you messed up! The Sky fell more than a year ago. The Evil Black King already knows about it. The Evil Black King has decided that to keep all of his sheeple tranquil and placated he will tell them that the sky is floating back up above where it belongs. "If you close your eyes, you can see it." he tells the sheeple.

Meanwhile I am pointing out that it is still on the ground. Help, it is fallen and can't get up! I'm right and the Evil Black King is wrong.

Evil Black King? Fuck you, you're a racist and an asshole.

Evil Black King? Fuck you, you're a racist and an asshole.

I am not a racist. My 30 children are of all races on this planet. You are a damned racist because you want to associate the evil black king in the Henny Penny Story with a person of the Negroid race. That makes you the worst kind of scum. You are an obvious bigot who needs to reform his ways, Crotch Scratcher. But we have known of your racist hatred and anti Jewish bigotry from other posts. You are obviously totally evil and demonically possessed. I expect you have Swastikas on your shoulders and a tattoo of Hitler on your chest.

What Recovery? Things just keep getting worse.

Maybe the FED needs to print up another couple trillion bucks! :rolleyes:
You know, Dude you are going to mislead people into thinking that is true. The FED does not print money. Saying that they do over and over and over again like that insane professional liar Ron Paul does not make it so. It just makes the person who says it over and over again look to be the fool.

I'm starting to see fast food places putting up signs for jobs again. That means our local economy is getting better. When the economy is bad, people will apply for any job, including at fast food joints. When people are feeling better, they don't apply to fast food restaurants.

Also, a few weeks ago, Disney closed their parks at 10:30am because the park was full.

I'm starting to see fast food places putting up signs for jobs again. That means our local economy is getting better. When the economy is bad, people will apply for any job, including at fast food joints. When people are feeling better, they don't apply to fast food restaurants.

Also, a few weeks ago, Disney closed their parks at 10:30am because the park was full.

We just returned from a Spring Training run and noticed large crowds at malls and high end shops in Scottsdale; also in Sedona lots of tourists and long waits for dinner. In Flagstaff I was happily surprised to see "No Firearms Allowed" signs in the windows of Bars and Restaurants and Vegas was packed even though the weather sucked. On the way to Arizona we spend a night in Palm Springs, there too restaurants were crowded and the Thursday night street fair was packed with sellers and consumers.
Neubarth hopes the economy falters, and does what he can to instill fear in others. I'm not sure if he's an agent provocateur in the employee of the RNC, or simply insane (I'm leaning towards the insanity theory).

Last edited:
You're starting to see restaurant traffic pick up here too.

My wife was at Best Buy yesterday. You couldn't get to the Apple table because it was so packed with everyone gawking at the iPad.

4.4 million in non US funny money and I bank on this guy.
Peter Schiff too, who you previously stated you had an "issue" with.:confused:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9xQTqMEUU]YouTube - Gerald Celente: Cover-Up, not recovery![/ame]

Worms eye view again from a steel mill in Oregon. We have a lot of back orders now. Money is loosening up for capital improvements. Rumor is of a two digit profit sharing check for the first quarter. We shall see.

I was thinking about this this morning. Companies are about to start reporting quarterly earnings. Usually, within the first 10 days of the quarter and the last few weeks of the previous quarter, companies pre-announce earnings if they think the quarter is going to be weaker than expected.

Thus far, I cannot remember a time when companies have been so quiet as they have been over the past four weeks. There have been virtually no negative pre-announcements. That probably means earnings are going to be good.

We went out to eat last night and had to wait 30 minutes for a table.

Looks like the recession's over.

Forum List

Back