2 Things a Tyrannical Government Cannot Survive: An Armed and Mobile Citizenry

Good point
It would only be used…..once in a while

Most drivers will never even notice it is there

But in a high speed chase where police force a speeding vehicle to crash, or the driver who stole it can crash into innocent cars and pedestrians….it makes sense

I would also like an app on my phone where I could remotely disable my car if it is car jacked or stolen

I don‘t see any negative……unless you are a criminal
Nobody could every hack a programmable device!

Carjackers and rapists rejoice at the news.

But in a high speed chase where police force a speeding vehicle to crash, or the driver who stole it can crash into innocent cars and pedestrians….it makes sense

What happens to a car going at high speeds if you suddenly shut down its motor?

I would also like an app on my phone where I could remotely disable my car if it is car jacked or stolen

And you can get that, you do not need the Govt to do it for you.

I don‘t see any negative……unless you are a criminal

Or get hacked, or have unscrupulous people in positions of power

One wont but 100 million would.
YOu and I both know that if something really did happen the vast majority of the folks who brag about this kinda shit would be hiding in their basements, polishing their pistols, muttering about things like "situational awareness" and "clear fire lanes", not out doing anything at all.

They'd tell themselves that it wasn't cowardance, that they are "protecting their neighborhood", but in reality they will be terrified to go outside.

I would only consider the possibility of such a thing for use as an aid to local police. Could be means to end police chases and prevent continued use of an automobile that's found to be unregistered or uninsured during a traffic stop. The job of our cops has grown tough enough, wouldn't mind giving them some sort of help.
You don't honestly think it would end there, do you?

The Penguin just begs to be mocked.

Every time I read one of his post I picture him doing this...

spongebob-patrick.gif
Again you show support for more government control.

This isn't making anyone a prisoner, that is just more of Weatherman's constant stream of fear-mongering.

It is not kill switch, from the bill itself:

(5) to ensure the prevention of alcohol-impaired drivingfatalities, advanced drunk and impaired driving preventiontechnology must be standard equipment in all new passengermotor vehicles. DEFINITIONS.—In this section:
(1) ADVANCED DRUNK AND IMPAIRED DRIVING PREVENTION TECHNOLOGY.—The term ‘‘advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology’’ means a system that—
(A) can passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired; and(ii) prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if an impairment is detected;
(B) can passively and accurately detect whether the blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor vehicle is equal to or greater than the blood alcohol concentration described in section 163(a) of title 23,United States Code; and(ii) prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if a blood alcohol concentration above the legal limit is detected; or(C) is a combination of systems described in subparagraphs (A) and (B).

In other words if your car detects that you're driving in a manner consistent with being impaired, or detects alcohol on your breath, it will limit your car. There is nothing wrong with objecting to this, for example based on not trusting technology or other facts (what if your passenger is the drunk breath?) but this kneejerk rejection "OMG prisoner in your own car" or summarizing it as government basically taking over private vehicle ownship is just nonsensical drama queenery.

Some people seem to thrive on feeling oppressed.

This isn't making anyone a prisoner, that is just more of Weatherman's constant stream of fear-mongering.

It is not kill switch, from the bill itself:

In other words if your car detects that you're driving in a manner consistent with being impaired, or detects alcohol on your breath, it will limit your car. There is nothing wrong with objecting to this, for example based on not trusting technology or other facts (what if your passenger is the drunk breath?) but this kneejerk rejection "OMG prisoner in your own car" or summarizing it as government basically taking over private vehicle ownship is just nonsensical drama queenery.

Some people seem to thrive on feeling oppressed.
“This kill switch “safety” system would be open, or in other words there would be a backdoor. That would allow police or other government authorities to access it whenever. Would they need a warrant to do that? Likely not. Even better, hackers could access the backdoor and shut down your vehicle.”

Creepy evil Gubmint propaganda

Exactly HOW is the Gubmint going to use this against law abiding car owners?

It seems the OP actually listed some ways it could be done. Despite his constant fear mongering, he gets it right once a month or so.

Idiots like you mocked Churchill for saying NAZI Germany is becoming a major threat too.

And yes, you jump into this thread mocking anyone questioning your government.

Holy fucking shit, now you think you are Churchill!

giphy.gif

It seems the OP actually listed some ways it could be done. Despite his constant fear mongering, he gets it right once a month or so.

“Soon the swamp creatures can declare an emergency at will and shutdown all Americans from transportation. Or vote a certain way or post a Facebook story the swamp doesn’t like? No transportation for you.”

:laughing0301:
The paranoia of the right
Same reason you need an assault rifle and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo
Need to keep the evil Gubmint in check

New Zealand arrested a man for having KFC chicken in his trunk. He was taking it to people for their dinner.
They confiscated his car.
Now they merely inactivate it.

Oh…I get it now

It is some kind of KFC Kill Switch activated by Chik Filet

Forum List

Back