2 Things a Tyrannical Government Cannot Survive: An Armed and Mobile Citizenry

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Well, the swamp has taken care of one of them as it continues to work on the other.

An amendment proposed by Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) to stop the federal government from basically taking over private vehicle ownership in 2026 and beyond has failed, meaning Americans will soon become prisoners in their own cars.

Soon the swamp creatures can declare an emergency at will and shutdown all Americans from transportation. Or vote a certain way or post a Facebook story the swamp doesn’t like? No transportation for you.

I guess goofie gator is all for the government being able to control your car, another proponent of big government that laughs all the way to total control. i.e. a complete fool. I guess there's nothing to ever worry about with the government, they're all on 'our side' and would never attempt to control us. :cuckoo:

"The federal government has mandated that all vehicles sold after 2026 must have a kill switch that can disable your vehicle based on your driving performance," Massie "tweeted" on X (formerly Twitter). "My amendment to defund that unconstitutional mandate failed tonight."

I guess goofie gator is all for the government being able to control your car, another proponent of big government that laughs all the way to total control. i.e. a complete fool. I guess there's nothing to ever worry about with the government, they're all on 'our side' and would never attempt to control us. :cuckoo:

"The federal government has mandated that all vehicles sold after 2026 must have a kill switch that can disable your vehicle based on your driving performance," Massie "tweeted" on X (formerly Twitter). "My amendment to defund that unconstitutional mandate failed tonight."
Yep, Mr Gofie ‘I’m a Libertarian’ Gator likes the idea government can tell everyone when they are allowed to drive to the grocery store.

Makes sense…

If someone steals your car, it can be remotely disabled
If you are driving recklessly and are a danger to others, your vehicle can be disabled
If you are a wanted criminal trying to escape, your car can be disabled

Well, the swamp has taken care of one of them as it continues to work on the other.

An amendment proposed by Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) to stop the federal government from basically taking over private vehicle ownership in 2026 and beyond has failed, meaning Americans will soon become prisoners in their own cars.

Soon the swamp creatures can declare an emergency at will and shutdown all Americans from transportation. Or vote a certain way or post a Facebook story the swamp doesn’t like? No transportation for you.

This increases the value of older vehicles

Makes sense…

If you are driving recklessly and are a danger to others, your vehicle can be disabled
Or if you don’t use the proper pronoun you can’t drive your car.

Makes sense…

It really does not make sense for the Govt to mandate this.

If you wish to have a kill switch added to your car incase it is stolen, you are free to do so.

It does not make sense to put it on everyone's car just to maybe catch a bad guy once in a while.

Everyone can see, you think it’s funny government controls over your mobility

I think you daily panic thread is funny, and I think it is funny you think that "soon" everyone will have a 2026 or newer car.

The average age of a car in the US is 12.5 years, thus it would take till 2039 till the majority of people have a car with this in it...not really what most of us call "soon"

I would only consider the possibility of such a thing for use as an aid to local police. Could be means to end police chases and prevent continued use of an automobile that's found to be unregistered or uninsured during a traffic stop. The job of our cops has grown tough enough, wouldn't mind giving them some sort of help.

I think you daily panic thread is funny, and I think it is funny you think that "soon" everyone will have a 2026 or newer car.

The average age of a car in the US is 12.5 years, thus it would take till 2039 till the majority of people have a car with this in it...not really what most of us call "soon"
Justifying and downplaying the government controlling everyone’s personal mobility. How Leftard of you.

I would only consider the possibility of such a thing for use as an aid to local police. Could be means to end police chases and prevent continued use of an automobile that's found to be unregistered or uninsured during a traffic stop. The job of our cops has grown tough enough, wouldn't mind giving them some sort of help.
I have a weird idea.
Run from the police and you get a harsh sentence.

I agree with you to a point. But could you lighten up on the mockery?

I agree with you to a point. But could you lighten up on the mockery?

The Penguin just begs to be mocked.

Every time I read one of his post I picture him doing this...

spongebob-patrick.gif

YOur pickup and your ar 15 aren't gonna do shit.

It really does not make sense for the Govt to mandate this.

If you wish to have a kill switch added to your car incase it is stolen, you are free to do so.

It does not make sense to put it on everyone's car just to maybe catch a bad guy once in a while.

Good point
It would only be used…..once in a while

Most drivers will never even notice it is there

But in a high speed chase where police force a speeding vehicle to crash, or the driver who stole it can crash into innocent cars and pedestrians….it makes sense

I would also like an app on my phone where I could remotely disable my car if it is car jacked or stolen

I don‘t see any negative……unless you are a criminal

Forum List

Back