2 suspects arrested in beating of Marine outside McDonald's

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Will hate crime charges be filed ? Yeah right.

Two suspects have been arrested in the brutal beating of an Iraq War veteran outside a McDonald’s in Washington, D.C., FOX 5 reported Tuesday.

Police arrested a 17-year-old male and a 17-year-old female suspected of participating in the attack on Marine vet Christopher Marquez on Feb. 12. The male was charged with aggravated assault and the female was charged with robbery, according to the Marine Corps Times. The names of the suspects have not been released.

Authorities said a third suspect has been identified in the assault, though that person is not in custody, FOX 5 reported.

Marquez, 30, said the incident began when he was accosted by a group of teens while he was eating in the back corner of a McDonald’s restaurant.

“And they stopped at my table, and they went around my table in a group. Almost like confronting me,” Marquez told “Fox & Friends.” “And they were asking me about the movement, if I thought black lives matter. And I was ignoring them because they were actually just trying to intimidate me. It just seemed like they just wanted confrontation and I wasn’t going to play along with that. I just wanted to eat my food and leave. And then they started calling me a racist.”

When Marquez left the restaurant, several members of the group attacked him.

Surveillance video of the assault shows one individual walk up close behind Marquez and bash him in the back of the head, immediately knocking him to the sidewalk. Other members of the group appear to kick Marquez before someone tears his wallet from his pants.

“It was a hate crime,” said Marquez, who was treated for head trauma at George Washington University Hospital. “They targeted me because of my skin color.”

2 suspects arrested in beating of Marine outside McDonald's | Fox News

Sting the bastards up.
I thought the circumstances shouldn't matter? So what if he was old gay Jewish or a marine.

This is a simple assault and battery.

Plus we don't know the circumstances. Ever meet a marine? Total assholes. Maybe they were just defending themselves.

This wouldn't be the first time a marine tried to fight multiple people at one time

Sting the bastards up.
I thought the circumstances shouldn't matter? So what if he was old gay Jewish or a marine.

Plus we don't know the circumstances. Ever meet a marine? Total assholes. Maybe they were just defending themselves.

This wouldn't be the first time a marine tried to fight multiple people at one time
Did you look at the damn video from the security camera or did you forget about it because as usual you're stoned? They attacked him from behind as he was leaving.

Sting the bastards up.

The marines I know are great people.

WTF do you hang out with ?

Sting the bastards up.

The marines I know are great people.

WTF do you hang out with ?
The Marines and cops I know are great too. It's the ones you don't know that act like assholes.

I remember that black guy ran from the cop and the cop killed him. Republicans said we didn't see what happened just before and that maybe the black guy had it coming.

Funny they don't make that argument here.

And they are against hate crimes so so what he was a marine? Would you feel different if he was a gay black muslim?

Sting the bastards up.

"Ever meet a marine? Total assholes."

Wow man, you really want to stand by that statement ? A bit of a broadbrush don't you think ?

Also, the story so far it looks like it was more than just "simple assault", it appears to have a racial element to the story:

Marquez, 30, said the incident began when he was accosted by a group of teens while he was eating in the back corner of a McDonald’s restaurant.

“And they stopped at my table, and they went around my table in a group. Almost like confronting me,” Marquez told “Fox & Friends.” “And they were asking me about the movement, if I thought black lives matter. And I was ignoring them because they were actually just trying to intimidate me. It just seemed like they just wanted confrontation and I wasn’t going to play along with that. I just wanted to eat my food and leave. And then they started calling me a racist.”

I remember that black guy ran from the cop and the cop killed him. Republicans said we didn't see what happened just before and that maybe the black guy had it coming.

And they are against hate crimes so so what he was a marine? Would you feel different if he was a gay black muslim?

If we're going to have hate crime laws, then they need to be consistent.

Sting the bastards up.

"Ever meet a marine? Total assholes."

Wow man, you really want to stand by that statement ? A bit of a broadbrush don't you think ?

Also, the story so far it looks like it was more than just "simple assault", it appears to have a racial element to the story:

I went to a comedy club where 200 Marines were in attendance. After every joke they said hOooRA. Ruined the whole night.

And I'm just making a point. I notice Republicans do seem to want hate crime laws when it's someone they feel needs protection.

I think gay people need protection, not Marines.

But if they knew he was a marine and beat him because of it they all need the book thrown at him.

With Obama The Great Divider in the WH, race relations may be at the lowest point ever.

With Obama The Great Divider in the WH, race relations may be at the lowest point ever.

I don't think there's any question, that they are very low.

I don't think there's any question, that they are very low.

Yes and THE GREAT DIVIDER bears much of the responsibility.

Isn't this the incident in which the attackers surrounded the marine and shouted black lives matter slogans? When he ignored them, the two called him a racist.

Forum List

Back