2 suspects arrested in beating of Marine outside McDonald's

Would like to know the REAL legal reason the DA is not using that charge.

The same rationale that caused the voter intimidation charges against the New Black Panther Party to be dropped:

1) In December 2010, the Civil Rights Commission released a report concluding that their investigations had uncovered "numerous specific examples of open hostility and opposition" within the Department of Justice to pursuing cases in which whites were the victims.

2) In testimony before the Civil Rights Commission, Adams [Christian J, former trial attorney for the voting section of the Department of Justice] stated "I was told by voting section management that cases are not going to be brought against black defendants on [behalf] of white victims."[34]

3) Coates' [Christopher, former head of the voting section of the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division who had led the original investigation of the New Black Panther Party.] testimony included accusations similar to those made by Adams, stating, "I had people who told me point-blank that [they] didn't come to the voting rights section to sue African American people."[44] He compared the New Black Panther case to an earlier case from 2006, in which Department of Justice attorneys expressed anger at having to investigate Ike Brown, a black Democratic politician in Noxubee County, Mississippi accused of discriminating against white voters. Coates testified that the Justice Department's administration's decision to drop the Black Panther Case "was intended to send a direct message to people inside and outside the civil rights division. That message is that the filing of voting cases like the Ike Brown and the NBPP cases would not continue in the Obama administration."[45] Coates testified that one of his superiors appointed by the Obama Administration had prohibited him from asking job applicants if they would enforce the voting laws in a race-neutral manner.[46]

New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, there are silly charges of racism against whites, and then there are actual hate crimes. You'd think DOJ could tell the difference.
They CAN tell the difference but everything is political with this administration and they act accordingly.

Forum List

Back