CDZ 2 of the officers at the scene of George Floyd's death should be re-hired.

They were an accessory to murder. Their weight on his back while cuffed prone on the ground restricted his breathing. They did not stand up & refuse to continue murdering Floyd & lied to cover it up. They are now properly charged with accessory to murder.

They were probationary officers with no power at the scene. They should not carry the weight of the two senior officers.
Would you feel the same urge to say new gang members should not be charged for holding the cashier as their leader gutted her?

Again, I would describe your post more accurately if this wasn't the clean debate zone......new gang bangers are breaking the law...............these cops were making an arrest and one of them was callous and stupid, the other senior officer was stupid for not making the other senior officer relent.....the two probationary officers had no power in the situation..........

8 mins goes by fast for a rookie cop on his or her 4th week of street patrol...I feel bad for the two rookies because telling your training officer to get off of a suspect is just not going to happen....and now those two rookies are out of police work forever....
You go around the corner and call in for a supervisor.

8 mins goes by fast for a rookie cop on his or her 4th week of street patrol...I feel bad for the two rookies because telling your training officer to get off of a suspect is just not going to happen....and now those two rookies are out of police work forever....
In 8 mins?....you don't nor do any of us know what the two rookies were doing...they are not in the video...at least not in the one I've seen....they will be punished though as if they were standing there cheering it on...that just seems unfair and over the top to me.....

They were an accessory to murder. Their weight on his back while cuffed prone on the ground restricted his breathing. They did not stand up & refuse to continue murdering Floyd & lied to cover it up. They are now properly charged with accessory to murder.

They were probationary officers with no power at the scene. They should not carry the weight of the two senior officers.
Would you feel the same urge to say new gang members should not be charged for holding the cashier as their leader gutted her?

Again, I would describe your post more accurately if this wasn't the clean debate zone......new gang bangers are breaking the law...............these cops were making an arrest and one of them was callous and stupid, the other senior officer was stupid for not making the other senior officer relent.....the two probationary officers had no power in the situation..........
They did not have to continue the murder because the (gang leader) senior officer wanted it. They should have got off Floyd's back. They were clearly accessories to murder.

They did not have to continue the murder because the senior officer was okay with it. They should have got off Floyd's back. They were clearly accessories to murder.
And where did you see that?....

If my information is correct, two of the officers at the scene of the George Floyd death were officers who were on the force for 4 weeks....they were on their probationary period.....and shouldn't be held to the same standard as the two senior officers on the scene. They should be re-hired and allowed to continue in their jobs. If you don't understand the probationary period, the officers have no power.....they are subject to firing without reason or recourse.........the two senior officers should take the full weight of the consequences of their callous and stupid disregard for the safety of their prisoner.
The rookie cops still knew it was wrong.

It wasn't murder, it was manslaughter........I think antifa fan boy AG Keith Ellison has purposely overcharged the cops in order to make it likely they won't get convicted....allowing more race riots and more power grabs by the democrats.
You’re also the one who though Amber Guyger should get zero jail time right? All she did was mow down a black man in his own apartment.

Is there anything a police officer can do in your mind that would lead to jail time?

If my information is correct, two of the officers at the scene of the George Floyd death were officers who were on the force for 4 weeks....they were on their probationary period.....and shouldn't be held to the same standard as the two senior officers on the scene. They should be re-hired and allowed to continue in their jobs. If you don't understand the probationary period, the officers have no power.....they are subject to firing without reason or recourse.........the two senior officers should take the full weight of the consequences of their callous and stupid disregard for the safety of their prisoner.
How do you know this?...do you know what they saw or even where they were standing?....those two rookies are going to be acquitted and then what is going to happen?....all hell is going to break loose and it will be because of speculators like yourself.....view the whole picture in a fair way.....not with emotion but with intellect....

How are rookie cops supposed to know murder or manslaughter are against the law or wrong?

They didn't know the guy was dying........they had 4 weeks on the job and were under the supervision of the other two officers. I will bet a million bucks they were trained that suspects routinely complain about not being able to breath in order to continue the fight........those guys need to be released. The two senior guys need to pay for what they did, but not the guys on the job for 4 weeks.
What you are saying is if a person makes a mistake during a felony homicide he or she is innocent because it was a mistake.

One of the silly parts about probationary periods at jobs is that you're actually held to a higher standard than the people who have been there longer. As you said in your OP, they can fire you for any little thing.

In 8 mins?....you don't nor do any of us know what the two rookies were doing...they are not in the video...at least not in the one I've seen....they will be punished though as if they were standing there cheering it on...that just seems unfair and over the top to me.....
Actually one video shows them kneeling on his back at the same time Chauvin was. Later video shows one just standing off to the side before it was over. Sadly I can’t share one here as youtube wants me to sign in. Here you can watch t though

How do you know this?...do you know what they saw or even where they were standing?....those two rookies are going to be acquitted and then what is going to happen?....all hell is going to break loose and it will be because of speculators like yourself.....view the whole picture in a fair way.....not with emotion but with intellect....
Did the pictures and videos not show all the cops standing there? If you see it you know it is wrong. You are speculating that they saw nothing and are unaware that it was wrong.

Did the pictures and videos not show all the cops standing there? If you see it you know it is wrong. You are speculating that they saw nothing and are unaware that it was wrong.
There is video at my link #31

That 5 second video doesn't help the case you are trying to make...it looks like Floyd was struggling with the officers in that video and he was speaking so I doubt that he wasn't able to breath....at that time at least...

The cops made some mistakes. They probably have learned their lesson and next time will most likely refrain from killing an unarmed black man.

Actually one video shows them kneeling on his back at the same time Chauvin was. Later video shows one just standing off to the side before it was over. Sadly I can’t share one here as youtube wants me to sign in. Here you can watch t though
Yes thanks I just now seen it...but also in that video it appears as if Floyd is fighting with them....maybe he had good reason but he is less than cooperative....

I completely agree, though I doubt whether either of them will ever wish to return to that shithole city.... Specifically, they were on the beat for 2 & 4 days respectively, and as such they were just as helpless as the dead felon, they would not have had any control to assert, and they wouldn't know what was being perpetrated by Chauvin was a crime! Charging either of them for Chauvin's crime is blatantly racist, not surprising considering the totally racist Minnesota attorney general, Keith Ellison, who is closely linked to Nation of Islam, a violent hate organization!

That 5 second video doesn't help the case you are trying to make...it looks like Floyd was struggling with the officers in that video and he was speaking so I doubt that he wasn't able to breath....at that time at least...
True, the real breathing problem wasn't serious until he stopped breathing.

Physicians have stated that he would still be able to speak even if he couldn’t get a good breath. They stated his lungs and brain were being deprived, a slow suffocation. And it was 38 seconds. I am sure there is probably a longer video we haven’t seen yet. See post 31 link to that video.

The cops made some mistakes. They probably have learned their lesson and next time will most likely refrain from killing an unarmed black man.
Floyd didn't learn his lesson, he was committing brand new felonies whilst pursuing his "fresh start" in Minneapolis, it was Floyds criminal conduct which led to his death at the hands of another criminal, no loss! The two rookie cops are innocent, unlike Floyd, who was not! :ahole-1:

Forum List

Back