2.5 Trillion barrels of Oil Shale Oil

Not really, unless predicting that a non-renewable resource has a limited volume is called "thinking."

But I will give you some credit, ok?:

At least it's babbling.

And yet, when challenged to explain how it's all somehow wrong or shortsighted, you bailed from your one weak appearance on the matter.

What I've provided is far, far more than merely stating (not predicting) it is limited. Please represent my position accurately, or not at all, liar.

Stick to the sidelines. This subject has proven far beyond your pay grade.

The fact is, production has reached a plateau, and only the recession has kept demand in check. If you're ok with perpetual recession, that's fine... But this recession is a ramification of peak oil, not a counter-argument to it.

Meanwhile, here's that chart again that your camp still can't refute:

Colin%20Campbell%20forecast%20April%202010.png

Last edited:
Black stuff in a green land
After decades of searching, evidence of oil is found off the coast of Greenland... The United States Geological Survey suggest the seabed between Greenland and Canada holds a total of 17 billion barrels.

Now let's see what the current administration can do to keep American Companies from obtaining workable tracts of undersea land to drill for oil out there?

You do know that they are doing their darndest to drive us back to the stone age if possible.......That's not tongue and cheek either.......That is straight out of the Greenies' playbooks.

When your a one termer, it's "No holds bar'd"........Go for broke......push the old progressive agenda and then retire in 2012 sucking in $100k/per speech fees, with perpetual secret service protection, and a great pension to boot.
Activists taken from arctic oil rig
Activists who scaled a drilling platform off the coast of Greenland were arrested after severe weather forced them off the rig, police said.
:lol::lol::lol:

Activists who scaled a drilling platform off the coast of Greenland were arrested after severe weather forced them off the rig, police said.

:clap2:

Can hear those activists whining already:

Whyyyy woooooon't realllityyyyyyy obeeeyyyyyyyyy?????

Meanwhile, here's that chart again that your camp still can't refute:

Colin%20Campbell%20forecast%20April%202010.png

Its interesting that every thirty years, you graph shows a decrease in production.

I imagine in 2040, some moron like yourself will predict that "AT ANY MINUTE" fossil fuels will disappear from the planet!!!!

Then the sky will fall, chicken little.

Notice something else in that graph? Something that may just be corollary, but still interesting.

The most intense time of oil exploration, production was between about 1958 and 1972. Then it took a sharp dip for a year or so, then only gradually rose after that.

What else ALSO happened in 1972/3? The EPA.

Then the most severe dip was between the years of 1978 to 1983. What was going on then? The oil embargos.

Huh... corollary or causation? I wonder. You can even see the leveling off in production during the gulf war AND 9/11.

I wonder. Oil production... politically influence primarily? NAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.... Jiggles has GOT to be right. He's so convincing that it's science.

Ok........Drudge this morning said, "$87.00/barrel"

I still recall reading that the rough and dirty extraction price with oil shale was between $80-$90.00/barrel.

Now we have here in the USA an estimated 2.5 trillion barrels of oil locked up in oil shale. So we open-up a few "token" off-shore areas by the President, and everyone is suppose to be wetting their collective pants that we are on the way to energy independence from OPEC. Oh........give me a break! Are the "sheep" really buying into this?

This 2.5 trillion barrels far-exceeds the total oil reserves of the Middle East, if not Saudi Arabia alone.

Now if we have extraction prices from shale at the above prices, you and I know that technology/research will not stop there, but there should be coming down the pipe, even cheaper methods of extraction.

Why, oh why, isn't this administration "green lighting" this area of energy potential with gusto.

Ethanol is a joke! If we were to do as Brazil and start agri-farming, grow-able land to produce Ethanol, we would have to use every inch/acre of present land that is producing edible crops for our nation. We don't have sugar cane climate here in the U.S.. Brazil is close to the equator, and is very humid/tropical, which is ideal for high-yield ethanol crops.

Sure, theres nothing wrong with bio-fuels......but they can't make but a golf ball sized dent in our energy consumption/needs. There's only so much fast food/restaurant oil to be had, and the way the government is going after fatting foods to save our collective lives the amount of useable cooking oils will not expand with this economy IMO.
Why Not Nuke Plants?: They're one heck of a lot cleaner than the cleanest coal burning plants. Interestingly, I listened to a notable scientist, Dr. Bill Wattenberg, who has worked and Livermore Labs in weapons research, and also has been an independent inventer, and has been contracted by both state and Federal Gov, agencies to help "invent" ASAP methods/devices during emergency situations such as, temporary bridge replacements, mine sweeping equipment......etc, etc...

Wattenberg had emphatically said, over the years, that the amount of radioactive isotopes emitted into the atmosphere by even clean coal burning power plants is so immense, and health/dangerous.

Wattenberg has been an nuke power plant advocate for years, and has tried and tried to fight the panic, and b.s. poured out by the "left" and "green" wingnuts about the horrors of nuclear power.

France: They are on their merry way to independence from OPEC. Roughly 70% of Frances' electric power comes from nuke power plants. France actually produces an excess of electicity, and is able to sell it off to other countrys' grids. I also understand that France is stockpiling hydrogen, as their excess electricity allows them to "crack" H2O, into hyrogen gas.
Us or the U.S.. Our President, gave in to Harry Reid, and closed Yucca Mountain. This was a major multi$$$$$$ project that was designed to store our nations' spent nuclear fuels with a margin of safety that far exceeded the risks. Yucca Mountain was geologically studied for dangerous seismic faults that could rupture storage and cause dangerous ground water leakage of nuclear or hot wastes.

Containerization of spent fuels is so-beyond adequate, as the containers will far exceed the spent half-lives of these materials. Never the less, the wingnut, greenie crowd still holds sway over a certain major political party in our country, and I mean major lobbying pressure probably second to none. As a result, U.S. energy independence is held hostage to archaic, 19th century mentality/dreams........that "utopia" for all Americans is the destruction of industrialization, and the adoption of an agrarian mentality, and culture.

I'm an idealist........but I"m also a realist. We have a party/administration in power that has a skewed, and illogical mentality and outlook on the future of this country. Nothing they propose encourages entrepreneurialism, but in fact hinders or destroys it.

Entrepreneurialism is the unspoken swear word of this administration..........................Unless it fits into their illogical paradigm of American life according to their bible.

I live in Silicon Valley, the birth place of R&D on the nano-scale like no other place in our country. What is it now? It is empty parking lots..........building for lease banners everywhere.

Tech support goes to India now. For years here in Silicon Valley we had an incredible influx of Indian Nationals who were highly educated computer engineers for the most-part. Many gained legal citizenship, and have continued to contribute to our economy with hard working ethics...........But............now even our R&D is being jobbed-out to faraway India and other parts of the world. Manufacturing of hardware has gone to the far reaches of the world. That's ok...........but...........R&D??? That's the bread and butter of "entrepreneurialism"!

We were a country of innovation! So what's our claim to fame now? Oh we make "negative sum gain" windmills, and residential solar panels. Big whoopee! We are the home of Tesla motors that only the "Sean Penns" of the world can afford.

Oh..............I could go on and on and on.............
I think there are two big reasons why oil form shale is not in major use. First the price will have to remain at a high level in order to convince oil companies to make the large investments needed. Secondly is a big environmental impact which will surely illicit both state and federal regulations which at this point are unknown.

The massive materials mined and processed will leave a great amount of disposable wastes which must have large amount of heavy metals and toxins and soluble salts. A part of this may be disposed duly and at times this will not be in accordance with the environmental regulations. A part of it, again, will be overlooked. Ground water, rainfall and snow will take them to aquifers and surface streams. Thus, the soil where plants will grow and water which is a daily necessity for the animals and air surrounding the region will be polluted to a greater extent.

Shale oil: Pros and cons

Notice something else in that graph? Something that may just be corollary, but still interesting.

The most intense time of oil exploration, production was between about 1958 and 1972. Then it took a sharp dip for a year or so, then only gradually rose after that.

Then the most severe dip was between the years of 1978 to 1983. What was going on then? The oil embargos.

Huh... corollary or causation? I wonder. You can even see the leveling off in production during the gulf war AND 9/11.

I wonder. Oil production... politically influence primarily? NAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.... Jiggles has GOT to be right. He's so convincing that it's science.

Jiggs has the advantage of clairvoyance: he can actually see the future, and on a yearly basis when the prediction falls fall short, he simply makes a new prediction....rinse, repeat, ad nauseum, since 1984....eventually he WILL BE Correct.

But he'll still be nothing more than any other raving moron with a "The End Is Near" placard:

3673286982_009da8af84.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said before, these peak oil doomers have been around in the US for almost 100 years preaching the sky is falling, we have come to the end. You would think they would get tired of jumping up & down looking like a raving moron shouting "The End Is Near" I bet their family members & friends think they are nuts & keep their distance or snicker behind their backs. This is likely why Al & Tipper Gore split up.:eek:

In 1919 the director of the U.S. Bureau of Mines predicted that "within the next two to five years the oil fields of this country will reach their maximum production, and from that time on we will face an ever-increasing decline."

That same year, National Geographic magazine predicted that oil shales in Colorado and Utah would be exploited to produce oil, because the demand for oil could not be met by existing production.

In January 1920, Dr. George Otis Smith, Director of the United States Geological Survey, in commenting upon our oil supply stated: "The position of the United States in regard to oil can best be characterized as precarious."

In May 1920, Dr. Smith said: "Americans will have to depend on foreign sources or use less oil, or perhaps both.

In 1920, David White, of the United States Geological Survey, stated: "On the whole, therefore, we must expect that, unless our consumption is checked, we shall by 1925 be dependent on foreign oil fields to the extent of 150,000,000 barrels and possibly as much as 200,000,000 of crude each year, except insofar as the situation may at that time, perhaps, be helped to a slight extent by shale oil. Add to this probability that within 5 years--perhaps 3 years only--our domestic production will begin to fall off with increasing rapidity, due to the exhaustion of our reserves"

This really freaks the lefties out!:cuckoo: Either these Doomers have been lying, science has it wrong or God has been providing us all the oil we need for the past 100 years!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

LOL... Too funny. You guys can't even agree on how I must be wrong. You all have different theories about how it all will be "just fine" and there's "nothing to see here!"

I'll ask you, or any of your Frank Drebbin allies here, for like the 7th time... Take 14 minutes out of your all-knowing lives, and watch these two short videos... If global oil depletion is some myth, then how/why are these energy consultants, retired petrol geologists and Big Oil CEOs wrong? How are you smarter than they are? Or, are they somehow collectively lying? If so, for what purpose are they lying? Can't wait:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVY2qrEfd8]YouTube - ASPO.TV News: Peak Oil Reality - Production & Depletion Issues[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7QGbNKxoQ]YouTube - ASPO.TV News - Acknowledging the Reality of Peak Oil[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are an idiot

Hey, here's another ex-BP engineer
((some irrelevant video))

Right, I'm the "idiot," but you punted to this empty response.

That's about what I thought you'd come back with... So much nothingness. It's because your argument sucks, and you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Run along now, little free market capitalist.

Take 14 minutes out of your all-knowing lives, and watch these two short videos...

I'm not spending 14 minutes watching a video that isn't worth the same time picking my nose. How about you post the transcript instead of trying to waste my time?

If global oil depletion is some myth

No no no. You do NOT get to redefine the argument. We are not ARGUING that we live on a FINITE world. You do not get to make that lie.

We ARE arguing that your timeline is obscenely compressed! What you have happening in minutes and hours and days are going to take years and decades and centuries in reality. We are saying that technology, and economics are going to be fundamental bulwarks of both retrieving, processing and using oil as well as motivating people to find alternatives.

How can this be possible in the evil free markets!? Oh noes! It CAN'T be true that something simple such as PRICING SCARCITY acts as a negative feedback loop enticing people to produce new types of energy because it's PROFITABLE! :eek:

You fucking Peaker retards always seem to think that people are not motivated by cash, or if they are, they're evil and they shouldn't be and must be stopped. That somehow, because you hate money that makes it invalid as a motivator for the rest of the world, and incapable of doing ANYTHING good!

But here's a thought! When oil gets rare... it will get expensive! Is it getting expensive because of rarity right now? NO! New finds of millions billions and TRILLIONS of barrels are being found every year in new areas that are finally being explored thanks to technology. But but but... it's getting expensive! Yeah, it is. Why? POLITICS! Oh my gawrsh! Asshole environazis are blocking domestic production and now trying to stop foreign production. This is not true scarcity, it is politically enabled scarcity.

That's why you can't buy a supporter here. You're too easily debunked by elementary logic, economics and sociology. I suggest you study these things and maybe... MAYBE you'll see why we've already killed, skinned, gutted, seasoned, baked and eaten Chicken Little.

...And it was goooooooooooooooooood!

How are you smarter than they are?

Blessed by God.

Or, are they somehow collectively lying?

That's more likely. I'd like to audit them and see where their money is coming from.

Your support of their lies I predict is just due to rampant stupidity.

By the way, Royal Dutch Shell had on their web site some info. about their work in making oil shale/crude extraction feasible. They have a patented process that they think is a winner.

By the way, Royal Dutch Shell had on their web site some info. about their work in making oil shale/crude extraction feasible. They have a patented process that they think is a winner.
and you don't do stuff like that without it being a sure thing. It's a horrible waste of money otherwise and could end your company if you're wrong.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are an idiot

Hey, here's another ex-BP engineer
((some irrelevant video))

Right, I'm the "idiot," but you punted to this empty response.

That's about what I thought you'd come back with... So much nothingness. It's because your argument sucks, and you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Run along now, little free market capitalist.

Here, I'll spell it out for you, since you clearly don't have more than a couple of brain cells to rub together:

Anyone can make a Youtube Video about Anything.:cuckoo:

And you are an idiot for BELIEVING that someone's youtube rant qualifies as evidence for your hair-brained theories.

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back