Sarah Palin Op-Ed: Obama Drilling Farce --STALL, BABY, STALL--

Discussion in 'Energy' started by US Army Retired, Mar 31, 2010.

1. US Army Retired

US Army Retired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Sarah and her team know more about what is necessary to bring this nation back to solid ground that Obama will ever know.
    Sarah again makes common sense of this fiasco Obama is trying to pull against the American people. She is not fooled by this action and can read between the lines because of her energy expertice. We should pay attention to her. She is trying to help America.

Governor Palin 4 President: Sarah Palin Op-Ed: Obama Drilling Farce --STALL, BABY, STALL--

Many Americans fear that President Obama’s new energy proposal is once again “all talk and no real action,” this time in an effort to shore up fading support for the Democrats’ job-killing cap-and-trade (a.k.a. cap-and-tax) proposals. Behind the rhetoric lie new drilling bans and leasing delays; soon to follow are burdensome new environmental regulations. Instead of “drill, baby, drill,” the more you look into this the more you realize it’s “stall, baby, stall.”

Today the president said he’ll “consider potential areas for development in the mid and south Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico, while studying and protecting sensitive areas in the Arctic.” As the former governor of one of America’s largest energy-producing states, a state oil and gas commissioner, and chair of the nation’s Interstate Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, I’ve seen plenty of such studies. What we need is action — action that results in the job growth and revenue that a robust drilling policy could provide. And let’s not forget that while Interior Department bureaucrats continue to hold up actual offshore drilling from taking place, Russia is moving full steam ahead on Arctic drilling, and China, Russia, and Venezuela are buying leases off the coast of Cuba.

more in link above:

2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,090
    Obama is all for drilling, as long as its Chinese drilling in Brazil

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,422
    Sarah Palin the energy expert. You betcha:lol::lol::cuckoo:

4. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    She is. But thanks for the partisan drama.

5. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    What? You don't have google on your interwebs?

TheCypressTimes : SARAH PALIN SCHOOLS OBAMA ON SOUND ENERGY POLICY, PROMISES MAJOR ADDRESS TO THE NATION

“As the former governor of one of America’s largest energy-producing states, a state oil and gas commissioner, and chair of the nation’s Interstate Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, I’ve seen plenty of such studies. What we need is action

—Sarah Palin”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAYPxIJSDg0]YouTube - Sarah Palin Energy Policy[/ame]

For what it's worth, President Obama fooled me at first on this issue. Not during the election but with his recent "actions" on the subject. I'll be more careful trusting him in the future but I will not stop looking for areas of agreement when I can find them. (IF I can find them)

6. JiggsCasey

JiggsCasey VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    wait... do you honestly believe that?

that's epic. maybe you were being sarcastic, i dunno.

very well, let's cut it and get right to it then, ... I'll make the same request I asked 'mdn' in another thread... to you, or anyone who wants to answer:

provide a figure that lists proven totals off our shores. Include ANWAR in your total if you like. And both sides of Florida. Make it a fairly recent link. Two or three links would be better for corroboration and median. Thanks.

Then give your best estimate on what it would cost to build the infrastructure. When you have all that... Then announce current global consumption rates.

Remember, proven reserves. Not "technically recoverable" or "estimated" reserve totals.

Can't wait.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  7. JiggsCasey

JiggsCasey VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    <crickets> ... noted.

That's because there's barely any there.

8. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,422
    We use 25% of the worlds oil, and have 3% of the worlds reserves. Piss poor numbers. And much of those reserve may be off limits as the disaster in the Gulf continues to expand.

9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,130
    Considering that she increased taxes on the oil companies in Alaska, she might know something...

10. logical4u

logical4u citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +543
    "Drilling" does not guarantee 'oil'. It has to be estimates because we do not have the technology to put a camera (that could get a picture) or a person into a 'pocket' of oil.
    It is 'impossible' to list 'totals' off shore. We do know it is there, though because a lot of people that are drilling are pumping oil. Like it or not, we are buying it, and tying the hands of the companies that supply oil, does nothing but raise the price, and hurt economies (except for the dictator-run administrations).

Will you list all the ways we use oil and how we can stop? Show your support and bring back wearing animal skins (no polar fleece for you).