2,400 drone deaths...vs one death in CIA detention camps... which is worse???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
These deaths were approved by Hussein....
More than 2,400 dead as Obama’s drone campaign marks five years
More than 2 400 dead as Obama 8217 s drone campaign marks five years The Bureau of Investigative Journalism

This death was not approved...
The Death Of Gul Rahman: The report includes details of the events that led up to the death of "a suspected Islamic extremist" named Gul Rahman at a facility known as "Detention Site Cobalt" in November 2002. According to the report, Rahman was subjected to an interrogation that included “48 hours of sleep deprivation, auditory overload, total darkness, isolation, a cold shower, and rough treatment." The report says officials did not approve of the use of these techniques on Rahman in advance.

Read more: Senate CIA Torture Report - Business Insider

Hmmm... one death in one report will cause hundreds of deaths in the future... versus
2,400 deaths already approved by the same sanctimonious Hussein... how duplicitous!

More than 2 400 dead as Obama 8217 s drone campaign marks five years The Bureau of Investigative Journalism

The Death Of Gul Rahman: The report includes details of the events that led up to the death of "a suspected Islamic extremist" named Gul Rahman at a facility known as "Detention Site Cobalt" in November 2002. According to the report, Rahman was subjected to an interrogation that included “48 hours of sleep deprivation, auditory overload, total darkness, isolation, a cold shower, and rough treatment." The report says officials did not approve of the use of these techniques on Rahman in advance.

Hmmm... one death in one report will cause hundreds of deaths in the future... versus
2,400 deaths already approved by the same sanctimonious Hussein... how duplicitous!
This has been all over Fox News since last Friday.

It's the narrative designed to prevent the base from dwelling on how badly the Bush administration ended.

They can't spend too long espousing waterboarding, so they don't. They're justfying it, and shifting the subject back to Obama.

It's the narrative designed to prevent the base from dwelling on how badly the Bush administration ended.

They can't spend too long espousing waterboarding, so they don't. They're justfying it, and shifting the subject back to Obama.

Doesn't alter the obvious disconnect with "moral high ground" of 2,400 deaths by remote control is totally underplayed by the same MSM playing up the one death and oh such depraved treatment people bent on beheading us!

Where is Hussein support of HIS OWN administration's CIA people! Throw them under the bus... YET not one of these pious publicity pimps want to acknowledge these 2,400 deaths! Totally disingenuous!

Doesn't alter the obvious disconnect with "moral high ground" of 2,400 deaths by remote control is totally underplayed by the same MSM playing up the one death and oh such depraved treatment people bent on beheading us!

Where is Hussein support of HIS OWN administration's CIA people! Throw them under the bus... YET not one of these pious publicity pimps want to acknowledge these 2,400 deaths! Totally disingenuous!
I'm in favor of torture and drone attacks.

You'll not get me to defend the argument you've anticipated from me.

Oh!...and I don't hate Obama.

I know that's not going to absoarb with you, but hey.....

Prisoners are in a different category than enemy combatants in the field.

I'm frankly not surprised that most of the RWnuts around here appear not to know that.

I'm frankly not surprised that most of the RWnuts around here appear not to know that.

And terrorists NEVER signed the Geneva Convention.
And remember this is what Hussein said as a senator..."troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"
So now Hussein is killing civilians via drones but that's ok??

And remember this is what Hussein said as a senator..."troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

"Under international humanitarian law and the Rome Statute, the death of civilians during an armed conflict, no matter how grave and regrettable, does not in itself constitute a war crime. International humanitarian law and the Rome Statute permit belligerents to carry out proportionate attacks against military objectives,[1] even when it is known that some civilian deaths or injuries will occur. A crime occurs if there is an intentional attack directed against civilians (principle of distinction) (Article 8(2)(b)(i)) or an attack is launched on a military objective in the knowledge that the incidental civilian injuries would be clearly excessive in relation to the anticipated military advantage (principle of proportionality) (Article 8(2)(b)(iv)."

Drone killings produces no actionable intelligence. It helps the enemy to carry on.

I think it is strange how noone within the cia was ever interviewed. I also think it is interesting they are trying to shield Bush. Why? And yet they call it a damning report with very little factual information.

Did you even once post that while Bush was President?

"Under international humanitarian law and the Rome Statute, the death of civilians during an armed conflict, no matter how grave and regrettable, does not in itself constitute a war crime. International humanitarian law and the Rome Statute permit belligerents to carry out proportionate attacks against military objectives,[1] even when it is known that some civilian deaths or injuries will occur. A crime occurs if there is an intentional attack directed against civilians (principle of distinction) (Article 8(2)(b)(i)) or an attack is launched on a military objective in the knowledge that the incidental civilian injuries would be clearly excessive in relation to the anticipated military advantage (principle of proportionality) (Article 8(2)(b)(iv)."

orig.jpg

There are distinct groups one finds in the Nazi wannabes who are excusing the torture of prisoners by the United States. These traits have been seen in psychological studies of torture in the past.

In the first group are the deniers. Those who deny torture even took place.

In the second group are the ones who raise the standards for what constitutes torture. To these people, what used to be considered torture when done by those not of their kind is not considered torture when it is done by those of their kind. Thus waterboarding, slapping, and beating were torture when foreigners did it, and was prosecuted as torture, but is not torture when our guys do it.

In the third group are those who attempt to downplay or minimize the harm done by torture when it is done by our guys. If the same torture was done to an American, their outrage would be through the roof. But when the torture is done to a vilified enemy, then no harm no foul.

As you read the umpteen topics about the torture report, you will see these three types of apologists leaping out at you quite starkly.

People wonder how the German people were able to slide into madness so easily. Well, just take a look at the torture apologists you are seeing today and you will no longer wonder. The exact same phenomenon has been occurring in the United States since 9/11. Thus the Charles Mackay quote in my sig.

Using your above quote then Hussein was wrong when he criticized "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians" and he is not a criminal for
killing 2,400 civilians with drones.

Another instructive thread: Instead of addressing the comparison of drone killing with enhanced interrogation, the Knee Jerks immediately attack the OP for even bringing up the subject. What is wrong with these people?

Forum List

Back