1922 Colt Army Special in .32-20

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I called my LGS this morning and he said he got in a real nice Colt in .32-20.....As I'm a sucker for the cartridge I drove over.

I was not disappointed when he handed me a very lightly used 5" barreled .32-20 Colt Army Special in great shape.....I rate it at 90+%. Not bad for a 101 year old revolver. The hard rubber grips are proper and numbered to the revolver.

Sadly these revolvers do not command all that much price wise. I paid a little under it's worth (given it's condition) at $450.00.

as 001 (2).JPG

The old 5" Red Head holster I bought off of eBay last year....It had belonged to Stembridge Gun Rentals, the main supplier of arms to Hollywood at one time.

This was the period when the lever action rifle still ruled the roost and lots of outdoorsmen and farmers still saw the need to have a rifle and a handgun chambered in the same caliber.....Indeed, .32-20 is often called the "farmer's caliber" as it was effective on farm pests a farmer might encounter as well as the occasional mid-sized deer.

Here's a little something on the revolver.

I called my LGS this morning and he said he got in a real nice Colt in .32-20.....As I'm a sucker for the cartridge I drove over.

I was not disappointed when he handed me a very lightly used 5" barreled .32-20 Colt Army Special in great shape.....I rate it at 90+%. Not bad for a 101 year old revolver. The hard rubber grips are proper and numbered to the revolver.

Sadly these revolvers do not command all that much price wise. I paid a little under it's worth (given it's condition) at $450.00.

View attachment 851242

The old 5" Red Head holster I bought off of eBay last year....It had belonged to Stembridge Gun Rentals, the main supplier of arms to Hollywood at one time.

This was the period when the lever action rifle still ruled the roost and lots of outdoorsmen and farmers still saw the need to have a rifle and a handgun chambered in the same caliber.....Indeed, .32-20 is often called the "farmer's caliber" as it was effective on farm pests a farmer might encounter as well as the occasional mid-sized deer.

Here's a little something on the revolver.

Nice piece of history!

My Dad had an old octagon barreled Marlin in 32-20. Big heavy gun, but fun to shoot!

97-002-2-jpg.822025

I found this 1897 M1894 Marlin Safety in .32-20 this past Summer...26" barrel.....It's gaudy as hell but shoots great!.....I'd love to find another stock set for it as the OEM stock set is sanded to hell and gone.

97-002-2-jpg.822025

I found this 1897 M1894 Marlin Safety in .32-20 this past Summer...26" barrel.....It's gaudy as hell but shoots great!.....I'd love to find another stock set for it as the OEM stock set is sanded to hell and gone.

Sweet! And I do love a lever gun!

Forum List

Back