17 Tourists Killed in Tunisia. Why Does Anyone Visit These Middle East Countries ?

"17 Tourists Killed in Tunisia. Why Does Anyone Visit These Middle East Countries ?"

Middle East countries in North Africa.
At least you're consistent at being an ignorant idiot.
I guess you're looking in the mirror. The North Africa point was mentioned about 50 posts ago, and I dealt with it. Ho hum.

That is exactly what Muslims have been asking westerns to do for over 50 years. Get the hell out and stay out. They don't want to be saved, democratized, or westernized. They want to be left alone to slaughter each other and cram their version of Islam down their neighbors throat. I think we should oblige them.

I don't care one iota what they want. When I talk about sending US troops to fight over there, it is for one reason. To defend the USA from attack, by these lunatics.

You are an idiot. It is thinking like this that blows up one known terrorist and makes martyrs out of ten innocents that get murdered as collateral damage. You create a hundred terrorist for each one you kill with bombs and tanks. And if you had a knife in your hand and was ordered to use it on another human being you would piss down your leg.
That is exactly what Muslims have been asking westerns to do for over 50 years. Get the hell out and stay out. They don't want to be saved, democratized, or westernized. They want to be left alone to slaughter each other and cram their version of Islam down their neighbors throat. I think we should oblige them.

I don't care one iota what they want. When I talk about sending US troops to fight over there, it is for one reason. To defend the USA from attack, by these lunatics.

You are an idiot. It is thinking like this that blows up one known terrorist and makes martyrs out of ten innocents that get murdered as collateral damage. You create a hundred terrorist for each one you kill with bombs and tanks. And if you had a knife in your hand and was ordered to use it on another human being you would piss down your leg.
Good thing your kind of ass clown thinking wasn't prevalent in 1941. If it had been, we'd all be talking German and Japanese now. Any more :lame2:brain ideas about US troops you want to stain these pages with ?

Attempting to equate WWII to what happened on 9/11 is ridiculous. No sovereign country attacked the US on 9/11. A splinter group of Muslim extremist so-called fundamentalists attacked us. The reasons, unrelated to their
Muslim fanaticism, of why they attacked us were to some degree sound. What their attack set off in response by us was unnecessary. We could have certainly demanded access to the people that attacked us.
For some reason you seem to believe that I condone the 9/11 attacks the Muslims known as Al Qaida were responsible for. I do not. I do not condone the over reaction on our part either. We were fully capable of bringing Al Qaida to justice.
We are capable of doing much more vs the entire worldwide jihad that eventually will coalesce and be a far worse adversary to us than we have ever had in all our history. In fact, it could be said that exists already right now, due to the fanaticism of Muslim jihad, combined with the existence of nuclear weaponry (100+ warheads sitting in Pakistan right now). This is why Obama had better not pull out of Afghanistan. And ISIS is a threat to acquire nukes as well, as is anybody who has the $$$$$$ to pay for it, or has the potential to acquire that much wealth (as ISIS does).

PS - the "don't make them mad" notion is about as idiotic as anything I've ever heard. Imagine Eisenhower and Patton saying, before the Battle of the Bulge > "We better not go any further. They'll get mad." There's an idiot around here all right. YOU.
Oh, we are capable of doing a lot more. We can turn the middle east into a blood bath

Good thing your kind of ass clown thinking wasn't prevalent in 1941. If it had been, we'd all be talking German and Japanese now. Any more :lame2:brain ideas about US troops you want to stain these pages with ?

Attempting to equate WWII to what happened on 9/11 is ridiculous. No sovereign country attacked the US on 9/11. A splinter group of Muslim extremist so-called fundamentalists attacked us. The reasons, unrelated to their
Muslim fanaticism, of why they attacked us were to some degree sound. What their attack set off in response by us was unnecessary. We could have certainly demanded access to the people that attacked us.
For some reason you seem to believe that I condone the 9/11 attacks the Muslims known as Al Qaida were responsible for. I do not. I do not condone the over reaction on our part either. We were fully capable of bringing Al Qaida to justice.
To put things in prospective, approximately 4,000 Americans have died in terrorist attacks in the last 50 years and the cost of the fight is about 5 trillion dollars.

By comparison, 400,000 Americans died in WWII in 4 years and in just 5 weeks 19,000 American solders died in the Battle of Bulge. The US expended just under 300 billion dollars on WWII, 4 trillion in today's dollars.

What makes the current war on terror so ridiculous is that it is exactly what the terrorist want, media attention, engagement with the US, and martyrdom.
You don't get it. The things you said about what terrorists want is secondary. The primary thing is that they want what Muslims have been wanting and fighting over, for 1400 years > world domination. ANd now because of nuclear technology they have the means to achieve it (if we allow them to) What is ridiculous is that the US is up against its greatest threat ever, and you are sitting there clueless.
The only way Muslims extremists will dominate the world is if smart people do some very stupid things. Out of roughly 1.5 billion Muslims, Islamist radicals are but a tiny minority. Although there are few Muslims who are willing to strap a bomb around their waist, extremists nevertheless enjoy an extensive base of moral and material support. In 7 Muslim countries, 20 to 30% of the Muslims condom terrorist activity. However, there is huge gap between chanting anti-American slogan in a march and jointing a terrorist organization. That gap can only be bridged by America and it's allies, confirming terrorist propaganda.

We are capable of doing much more vs the entire worldwide jihad that eventually will coalesce and be a far worse adversary to us than we have ever had in all our history. In fact, it could be said that exists already right now, due to the fanaticism of Muslim jihad, combined with the existence of nuclear weaponry (100+ warheads sitting in Pakistan right now). This is why Obama had better not pull out of Afghanistan. And ISIS is a threat to acquire nukes as well, as is anybody who has the $$$$$$ to pay for it, or has the potential to acquire that much wealth (as ISIS does).

PS - the "don't make them mad" notion is about as idiotic as anything I've ever heard. Imagine Eisenhower and Patton saying, before the Battle of the Bulge > "We better not go any further. They'll get mad." There's an idiot around here all right. YOU.
Oh, we are capable of doing a lot more. We can turn the middle east into a blood bath

To put things in prospective, approximately 4,000 Americans have died in terrorist attacks in the last 50 years and the cost of the fight is about 5 trillion dollars.

By comparison, 400,000 Americans died in WWII in 4 years and in just 5 weeks 19,000 American solders died in the Battle of Bulge. The US expended just under 300 billion dollars on WWII, 4 trillion in today's dollars.

What makes the current war on terror so ridiculous is that it is exactly what the terrorist want, media attention, engagement with the US, and martyrdom.
You don't get it. The things you said about what terrorists want is secondary. The primary thing is that they want what Muslims have been wanting and fighting over, for 1400 years > world domination. ANd now because of nuclear technology they have the means to achieve it (if we allow them to) What is ridiculous is that the US is up against its greatest threat ever, and you are sitting there clueless.
The only way Muslims extremists will dominate the world is if smart people do some very stupid things. Out of roughly 1.5 billion Muslims, Islamist radicals are but a tiny minority. Although there are few Muslims who are willing to strap a bomb around their waist, extremists nevertheless enjoy an extensive base of moral and material support. In 7 Muslim countries, 20 to 30% of the Muslims condom terrorist activity. However, there is huge gap between chanting anti-American slogan in a march and jointing a terrorist organization. That gap can only be bridged by America and it's allies, confirming terrorist propaganda.

1. If Muslim jihadists are going to push their deranged issue (they are), and someplace has to be a bloodbath as a result, I'd rather it be in the Middle East, than here in the USA.

2. When it comes to Muslims dominating the world (as they are already doing to much of it, including much more of the US than most people realize), one of the things they depend upon is people making the mistake of trying to ascertain it in terms of numbers (population). Rather than that, it is more a matter of MONEY and POLITICAL INFLUENCE. Iran is doing a good job on the Obama administration foreign policy airheads right now. ISIS and other jihaders aren't doing too bad right now either.

1. If Muslim jihadists are going to push their deranged issue (they are), and someplace has to be a bloodbath as a result, I'd rather it be in the Middle East, than here in the USA.

2. When it comes to Muslims dominating the world (as they are already doing to much of it, including much more of the US than most people realize), one of the things they depend upon is people making the mistake of trying to ascertain it in terms of numbers (population). Rather than that, it is more a matter of MONEY and POLITICAL INFLUENCE. Iran is doing a good job on the Obama administration foreign policy airheads right now. ISIS and other jihaders aren't doing too bad right now either.

I may have missed something, and I'm NOT going to re-read the whole thread, but what is the breakdown by nationality of the 17 tourists killed in the OP? Any Americans?

By now it is very clear the small but lethal risk one takes travelling frivolously to some of these regions. If dumb ass people don't value their lives why should I or our government?

I may have missed something, and I'm NOT going to re-read the whole thread, but what is the breakdown by nationality of the 17 tourists killed in the OP? Any Americans?

By now it is very clear the small but lethal risk one takes travelling frivolously to some of these regions. If dumb ass people don't value their lives why should I or our government?

>>five Japanese victims, four Italian, two Colombian, two Spanish, one Australian, one Pole, one French national and one whose nationality has not yet been verified.<<

"17 Tourists Killed in Tunisia. Why Does Anyone Visit These Middle East Countries ?"

I guess you're looking in the mirror. The North Africa point was mentioned about 50 posts ago, and I dealt with it. Ho hum.
bullshit! you dodged it....that's the epitome of not dealing with it!

[QUOTE="aris2chat,

>>five Japanese victims, four Italian, two Colombian, two Spanish, one Australian, one Pole, one French national and one whose nationality has not yet been verified.<<[/QUOTE]

I cannot imagine why----most of those people -------certainly not the Japanese, would imagine that
Tunisia is dangerous at this time. BTW----I do not
find the information , ANYONE know if a REASON
for this weird attack has surfaced?

[QUOTE="aris2chat,

>>five Japanese victims, four Italian, two Colombian, two Spanish, one Australian, one Pole, one French national and one whose nationality has not yet been verified.<<

I cannot imagine why----most of those people -------certainly not the Japanese, would imagine that
for this weird attack has surfaced?[/QUOTE]sometimes shit just happens...

[QUOTE="aris2chat,

sometimes shit just happens...[/QUOTE]

thanks for your very informative post

[QUOTE="aris2chat,

sometimes shit just happens...

thanks for your very informative post[/QUOTE]just the facts mam..

To this date American military intervention has done nothing but cost the lives of thousands of American fighting men, hundreds of thousands of Muslims, and trillions of dollars. And what do we have to show for it? Iraq, a country that is teetering on collapse, Afghanistan, that will fall into the hands of Islamic extremist as soon as we exit, and a new terrorist force, ISIS which feeds off American hatred which we have created plenty of over the last two decades.

I basically agree with you, and that's why I think we should not negotiate with terrorists by paying them ransoms to get these people back. This is the case with tourists. IN the case of our military folks, that might be different.

bullshit! you dodged it....that's the epitome of not dealing with it!
No I didn't. As I said, and I say it again >> "The North Africa point was mentioned about 50 posts ago, and I dealt with it. Ho hum. If he doesn't read the thread, that's HIS problem. Posters shouldn't have to go through the work of excessive typing to adjust to other posters who aren't doing their thread reading. And as you are just trying (pathetically bad) to make me look bad, you'll have to do it honestly (and intelligently) :ahole-1:

To this date American military intervention has done nothing but cost the lives of thousands of American fighting men, hundreds of thousands of Muslims, and trillions of dollars. And what do we have to show for it? Iraq, a country that is teetering on collapse, Afghanistan, that will fall into the hands of Islamic extremist as soon as we exit, and a new terrorist force, ISIS which feeds off American hatred which we have created plenty of over the last two decades.
Nice job of totally distorting the heroism of US military troops, and the huge benefits they have provided.

1. In Afghanistan, it is the presence of US troops in close proximity to Pakistan and their 100+ nuclear warheads, that keeps the Pakistani govt from slipping too far into the domain of the jihad. It is their presence that has given us the ability to go into Pakistan and seize those warheads, and remove them and bring them back to the US to be secured, in the event that the fragile Pakistani govt were to fall to the nutjobs. This is why the troops absolutely MUST NOT EXIT, and must remain there for this purpose, as well as to repel al Qaeda from using the country for bomb-making training, and takeover by the Taliban, ISIS, et al.

2. IN Iraq, the US troops did very well in keeping the jihadist away and away from Iraq's massive oil wealth, which could give them the capability to buy nuclear scientists and weapons. This was until 2011, when Obama removed the troops, created a vacuum, and allowed ISIS to move right in, as they did. This bonehead move has now put the entire sane world in jeopardy of ISIS and the wealth they are presently accumulating.

Yet another story from my boring life-----In interacting with Pakistanis in the USA for the past many decades----I HAVE OBSERVED (oy) ---that Pakistanis seem to have
a very strong desire to justify themselves in the USA and
for the WORLD-----way back in the early 80s----they proudly presented the TALIBAN ---as helpers for the cause of TRUTH, JUSTICE, and THE AMERICAN WAY------during the 90s-----whilst the Taliban were
involved with hero OSAMA-----they were proudly claiming
a NEW IDEAL WORLD FOR AFGHANISTAN----with the
help of Pakistan's HEROIC TALIBAN. -----with 9-11-01--- Pakistanis talked less------shook their heads-----shrugged lots-----and avoided political chat------and went back to blame-----all the way from the late 60s when I first learned about the ZIONIST CONTROLLED CIA and WESTERN COLONIALISM
AND ---THE DECADANCE OF THE WEST. ---then the Pakistani protected Osama (oy)-----ok---so now Pakistan is presenting as "anti Taliban" <<< it is almost comical

Nice job of totally distorting the heroism of US military troops, and the huge benefits they have provided.

1. In Afghanistan, it is the presence of US troops in close proximity to Pakistan and their 100+ nuclear warheads, that keeps the Pakistani govt from slipping too far into the domain of the jihad. It is their presence that has given us the ability to go into Pakistan and seize those warheads, and remove them and bring them back to the US to be secured, in the event that the fragile Pakistani govt were to fall to the nutjobs. This is why the troops absolutely MUST NOT EXIT, and must remain there for this purpose, as well as to repel al Qaeda from using the country for bomb-making training, and takeover by the Taliban, ISIS, et al.

2. IN Iraq, the US troops did very well in keeping the jihadist away and away from Iraq's massive oil wealth, which could give them the capability to buy nuclear scientists and weapons. This was until 2011, when Obama removed the troops, created a vacuum, and allowed ISIS to move right in, as they did. This bonehead move has now put the entire sane world in jeopardy of ISIS and the wealth they are presently accumulating.

In regards to point #1:
Doesn't the nuclear weapons stockpile in India work into the equation somehow? Granted the actions of the Pakistani warlords has prompted the more disciplined Indian military to act in response to the Pakistani wingnuts and they have won nearly all of the skirmishes. What we should REALLY do is get both India and Pakistan to mutually disarm with their nukes. The problem as always in that region is the longstanding beefs they have that go back many generations and decades if not centuries.

Forum List

Back