16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate

OK. I just read every post in this thread (unfortunately) and have seen no proof these "threats" even exist. All I've seen so far is accusations from the girl and her family.

What are these alleged threats? I need something more than just "take my word for it".

I would like to say that I condemn any and all threats made to anyone who did what this girl did...and I would further like to say that I don't need to make any excuses along the lines of "they do it too" nor do I require any rock solid proof of threats before extending my condemnation.

Wow, sad. Threats against anyone are bad enough.. But against a 16yr old girl for speaking out?.. Fucking wrong. Idc who the fuck did it.

Come on lefties. I smell a big fat media rat. Did you get this scoop from George Soros? Nobody on the right cares about this girl. It was a left wing story from the begining and they are desperately trying to keep it afloat.

Come on lefties. I smell a big fat media rat. Did you get this scoop from George Soros? Nobody on the right cares about this girl. It was a left wing story from the begining and they are desperately trying to keep it afloat.

Amazing the lack of condemnation that anyone might even think of doing this to a 16 year old girl who only asked to debate a Public Servant....regardless of who did the threatening or even if the threats are confirmed.

I guess that is asking too much.

Amazing the lack of condemnation that anyone might even think of doing this to a 16 year old girl who only asked to debate a Public Servant....regardless of who did the threatening or even if the threats are confirmed.

Now it seems the threats aren't confirmed and the argument has shifted to "lack of condemnation"? Where does this stuff come from, George Soros ?

Now it seems the threats aren't confirmed and the argument has shifted to "lack of condemnation"? Where does this stuff come from, George Soros ?

I see...condemning that kind of behavior is "conditional" for you. Gotcha.

Why should we assume that this girl or her father are lying merely because they are Democrats? Why should we doubt that she is indeed recieving these threats and insults when we have no evidence otherwise? Is it too much to think that maybe there are those on the right who are misguided and doing this? Is it too much consider maybe there are are some on the left who are likewise misguided and doing this to blame it on people on the right?

I don't care what political party you are in or what age you are. Threatening, insulting, being uncivil to people simply because you disagree with their politics is wrong. All I see is you lefties wanting to pretend that this is something you can smear the right on and you righties wanting to pretending there is no way that a righty could do this.

There is no reason anyone from any party should be divided in this issue. This isn't something to attack the other side with. This is something which we should be joining together to condemn. Or are you too busy seeing boogymen that you can't see that no matter what your politics, we are all brethren? No matter how wrong someone is politically, they are still human and still deserving respect as a human being, even if they don't treat anyone else like that.

It's time we get out of the gutter and start to rise up and join together as Americans and as human beings to fight the evils in our society. This lack of civility and constant contention is one of them. We can disagree without fighting. We can disagree without threats, insults, or intimidation.

I seriously expected better from alot of you.

READ the comments there are no threats.

She's pissed because she's a male stuck in a womans body. She's just pissed off at humanity.

From the OP link.....

"I have found quite a few of your statements regarding the Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted," Myers wrote. "As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere."

You got to admit she is "spot on" about Bachman. No wonder she pissed off the right so much. :clap2:

16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Several media outlets reported on Myers' challenge. As a result, she said, people have threatened violence against her and threatened to publish her address online, the Courier Post reports. Myers' high school has also reprotedly received inquiries regarding Myers' letter.

"A lot of them are calling me a whore," Myers said of the online remarks against her. Added her father Wayne Myers: "I personally did not think there would be a reaction like actual stalking and the vitriol that's coming out."

Read more: 16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

This doesn't surprise me.

Look at the vitriol and personal attacks we see posted here, daily.

Some people simply cannot disagree without also being disagreeable.

you do drama well. You should be on daytime soaps. I am sure you would make a good woman

Trurth is the truth you can't change it, only hide it for a short time then you can deny it, but in the end it's still the truth.

Not yet....condemnation still missing.

What is a person supposed to condemn there is no evidence that anything has taken place there is nothing more then some half baked allegation that someone said something.

Okay, so the article never says where this girl posted her 'debate challenge' or where she's received any threats from. The original article that CBS news is basing their article on states the girl's full name, the name of the school and district that she attends, what grade she is in, and then has a picture of her beside the article? And all of that after she's supposedly been receiving threats?? That's some really great parenting going on there on the part of her Father. What a clueless idiot, and not only that, he's using his child for a publicity stunt and he's damn proud of it too. :cuckoo: I pity the girl that she's been so manipulated and brain washed at such an early age into her father's belief system. :eusa_whistle:

And why do they put the word 'threats' in quotes on their article title? As if it's someone's opinion that they were 'threats'?

Cherry Hill student's challenge to Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann prompts 'threats'

Trurth is the truth you can't change it, only hide it for a short time then you can deny it, but in the end it's still the truth.

What is a person supposed to condemn there is no evidence that anything has taken place there is nothing more then some half baked allegation that someone said something.

It's very easy...let me show you.

"I condemn anyone from any side threatening a 16 year old for simply challenging a public servant to a debate. If it didn't really happen, shame on her for making stuff up. If it DID happen, shame on those threatening her."

Very very simple to do.

"I condemn anyone from any side threatening a 16 year old for simply challenging a public servant to a debate. If it didn't really happen, shame on her for making stuff up. If it DID happen, shame on those threatening her."

Very very simple to do.

How can you condemn something that in all likelihood never happened? I don't do the PC crap you want to shed a few tear's on some imaginary wrong doing by someone have at it.

If it is found that something happen that is clearly wrong then I don't have a problem condemning that. But this doesn't pass the sniff test on many differing levels

I condemn a parent for using their child for a publicity stunt, and if threats were really being made towards the girl, for allowing her name, her picture, her school, and her school district to be published in the paper along with an article about it. What an idiot.

yeah she should be in her bedroom in a burka to protect her from taking part in politics.

Blame the victims is a great way to run the world.

Very very simple to do.

How can you condemn something that in all likelihood never happened? I don't do the PC crap you want to shed a few tear's on some imaginary wrong doing by someone have at it.

If it is found that something happen that is clearly wrong then I don't have a problem condemning that. But this doesn't pass the sniff test on many differing levels

See? You cannot see even giving a conditional condemnation of that kind of unacceptable behavior.

Forum List

Back