149 years ago today

When was Civil Rights? BTW thanks for admitting to the source of your ingrained racism.

I am very proud of my Florida Cracker heritage. Shithead Yankees will never understand because they are too bigoted.

You obviously only have the Hollywood version of the KKK. It is typical ignorance. My relatives that joined the KKK were WWII veterans that returned home and took personal responsibility for their community. You know, community organizers. They took care of business and occasionally skipped that pesty due process step but they kept the crime rate down low. Not that much different than any other turf protection gangs that humans have had for thousands of year. They were supported (and protected) by the local sheriff and police and I doubt that anybody was ever affected that didn't really deserve it. They took care of both Whites and Blacks. When the KKK went away in the mid 60s the crime rate soared.

However, that was 50-60 years ago. Very few things are done the same now at it was 60 years ago.

Most of the Southerners I grow up with were Democrats until Reagan came along. Back then the Democrat Party had a substantial (Dixiecrat) Conservative wing. The Democrat Party was not made up entirely of the extreme Left Wing greedy pukes they are now. Many Southerners were Democrats because Lincoln was a Republican and they hated Lincoln. Reagan change all that.

The KKK did not go away in the mid sixties, allow me to tell a childhood story.

It was 1976. The northern part of Alabama where I lived had a heavy Klan presence. They freely recruited in my high school, some of the "cool" kids actually wore Klan t-shirts in my still all-white school. All of the cops were Klan, all of our local business leaders and land owners as well. But the most unbelievable thing was that they were considered by the state to be a non-profit charity.

On one particular spring afternoon as we were driving through the town of Albertville Alabama we came upon a sight that still fills me with wonder and loathing, about twenty members of the Klan were standing at the main intersection in town soliciting donations, and getting them. As we pulled up to the light a large man in a sheet approached the car and said something grandiose like "Do you want to contribute to our righteous battle to keep Alabama like it ought to be?" Well my dad was kind of intimidated and rather than argue he pulled a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the klan hood. Big mistake. My mom went from calm to livid in two seconds and yelled at him for the next fifteen minutes about the terrible example he just set for us Kids by giving money to those "hateful bullshit artists".

The klan was alive and well in the south the very same year we celebrated our bicentennial and indoctrinating kids who are only just now entering middle age.
What's your point?
There are more Klansman IN prison that out of prison....
I think you mother in that instance lacked recognition of the gravity of that situation.
Perhaps had your father just drove on and a thrown rock had come through the rear window of your car and injured on of you, then what? Over standing on principle?
A man's duty is to protect his family at all costs.
So your Mom's 15 minute rant was misplaced.
Anyway, that was 38 years ago....
What this has to do with anything remotely related to the abolition of slavery is a mystery.

southern strategy. 100% republican support.

BS untrue arguments, 100 percent left wing.
Thats not what 2 of the GOP party leaders said when they admitted to the southern strategy. Got a answer for that one?

THE NEOCONS AND NIXON'S SOUTHERN STRATEGY

THE “SOUTHERN STRATEGY” DEBUNKED AGAIN

Too bad you cant debunk something people already admitted to.

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy Mediaite

USATODAY.com - GOP We were wrong to play racial politics

34 years ago?
That's all you've got?

Thats all I need to make those denying the southern strategy look sorely out of touch with reality.

LOL. ^^^ this is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever posted.

In other words, it's beyond your redneck comprehension.

The parties never switched. The democrats of today started the KKK and voted for Jim Crowe laws.

The KKK was a right wing militant organization who advocated for the suppression of federal power and emphasis on state power. That really sounds like the modern day Democratic party?

The only difference in their control of blacks now is their methods have changed. "I'm gonna have those ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years." --LBJ, democrat

Yeah, because welfare and affirmative action are the new form of lynching.
Nazi control like KKK control of people is hardly a right wing value. That is Leftist philosophy.
The KKK are conservatives.
The KKK has no political ideology per se...
They are a Caucasian hate group....
Now, with your comment, here's a test...
Is it understood that the New Black Panther Party liberal?
Per se the KKK are conservatives. They cast their vote with the Republicans Sorry.

When was Civil Rights? BTW thanks for admitting to the source of your ingrained racism.

I am very proud of my Florida Cracker heritage. Shithead Yankees will never understand because they are too bigoted.

You obviously only have the Hollywood version of the KKK. It is typical ignorance. My relatives that joined the KKK were WWII veterans that returned home and took personal responsibility for their community. You know, community organizers. They took care of business and occasionally skipped that pesty due process step but they kept the crime rate down low. Not that much different than any other turf protection gangs that humans have had for thousands of year. They were supported (and protected) by the local sheriff and police and I doubt that anybody was ever affected that didn't really deserve it. They took care of both Whites and Blacks. When the KKK went away in the mid 60s the crime rate soared.

However, that was 50-60 years ago. Very few things are done the same now at it was 60 years ago.

Most of the Southerners I grow up with were Democrats until Reagan came along. Back then the Democrat Party had a substantial (Dixiecrat) Conservative wing. The Democrat Party was not made up entirely of the extreme Left Wing greedy pukes they are now. Many Southerners were Democrats because Lincoln was a Republican and they hated Lincoln. Reagan change all that.

It was 1976. The northern part of Alabama where I lived had a heavy Klan presence. They freely recruited in my high school, some of the "cool" kids actually wore Klan t-shirts in my still all-white school. All of the cops were Klan, all of our local business leaders and land owners as well. But the most unbelievable thing was that they were considered by the state to be a non-profit charity.

On one particular spring afternoon as we were driving through the town of Albertville Alabama we came upon a sight that still fills me with wonder and loathing, about twenty members of the Klan were standing at the main intersection in town soliciting donations, and getting them. As we pulled up to the light a large man in a sheet approached the car and said something grandiose like "Do you want to contribute to our righteous battle to keep Alabama like it ought to be?" Well my dad was kind of intimidated and rather than argue he pulled a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the klan hood. Big mistake. My mom went from calm to livid in two seconds and yelled at him for the next fifteen minutes about the terrible example he just set for us Kids by giving money to those "hateful bullshit artists".

The klan was alive and well in the south the very same year we celebrated our bicentennial and indoctrinating kids who are only just now entering middle age.
What's your point?
I think you mother in that instance lacked recognition of the gravity of that situation.
Perhaps had your father just drove on and a thrown rock had come through the rear window of your car and injured on of you, then what? Over standing on principle?
What this has to do with anything remotely related to the abolition of slavery is a mystery.
It has everything to do with the south just before all those Klan members started voting for Ronald Reagan and the republicans that came after him.

No one on the board suggested that you did not have a right to be proud of your ignorance and the racism of your ancestors...who suggested such a thing???

As far as the KKK taking care of Black people, Jewish Folk and until recently Catholics, please stop trying to make shit smell like roses.

Again I think you have the Hollywood ideas of the KKK. Of course it was many years ago and I was young but I never remember the KKK around where I lived targeting Catholics or the few Jews that lived there. They only targeted shitheads that committed crimes and very few of them. It was more a good ole boy's drinking club than it was a vigilante group. A son of one of the KKK leaders dated a Jewish girl throughout high school. She was a cutie.

Speaking of racists remember that I am not the nitwit that voted for a racist shithead that attended a hate church for 20 years that preached hate against Whites, Jews and even the USA.

No, we don't have some romanticized vision of a virulent hate group that sought to terrorize, murder, beat and undermine the U.S. Constitution of the U.S.

Thankfully, they were so savage that they could not resist cannibalizing, raping and murdering even white women, which helped people see it for what it really was.

What's your point?
It has everything to do with the south just before all those Klan members started voting for Ronald Reagan and the republicans that came after him.
I think he was more angry you pointed out that the clown clan were still in business.

What's your point?

Obviously the point was missed by you.
If I fear someone throwing a rock through my car window and injuring myself or my family, then I should support their criminal intimidation and extortion???
The most important thing I can do is to teach my family to treat and respect people based on who they are and not their skin color.

What's your point?

If I fear someone throwing a rock through my car window and injuring myself or my family, then I should support their criminal intimidation and extortion???
The most important thing I can do is to teach my family to treat and respect people based on who they are and not their skin color.
If that is really true, black Americans are ruined.

What's your point?

Sure...

What's your point?

Thats not what white women and white children say.

What's your point?

Sure...
Not to shit on your idealistic dream because I happen to believe it's true, as well. But when 13% of the population is committing 50% of the murders (not to mention the rapes, violent assaults, armed robberies, etc), the content of character has to come into question.

What's your point?

Sure...
Not to shit on your idealistic dream because I happen to believe it's true, as well. But when 13% of the population is committing 50% of the murders (not to mention the rapes, violent assaults, armed robberies, etc), the content of character has to come into question.

Sorry to throw a little logic at your irrational rant...
whites kill other whites 87% of the time. They commit more rapes ,assaults, armed robberies than any other group in the U.S.

I still teach my children to see the individual and not the skin color.

I don't question the character of every white person as criminal because they commit more crimes combined than any other race in the country.

What's your point?

Oh I get your point, I am certain that if my dad had it to do all over again he would have told the guy no. The Klan is not nearly as scary as my mom when she was mad. I was replying to another comment that claimed the Klan went away in the mid sixties, I am here to say that they were still going strong when Ronald Reagan began his run for office and that they had had it with northern democrats and their civil rights agenda. Johnson pissed them off and Carter made it clear that there was no place in democratic party politics for the dixiecrats. They even tried to start their own party at first with George Wallace as a candidate for president but that did not work out so well for him. He spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair after being shot.

What's your point?

Sure...
I always thought whites committed more crime historically and presently than anyone and I dont tell my kids all whites are criminals.

What's your point?

Sure...

whites kill other whites 87% of the time. They commit more rapes ,assaults, armed robberies than any other group in the U.S.

I don't question the character of every white person as criminal because they commit more crimes combined than any other race in the country.
Play the game with someone else. Black people commit over half the overall murders in the US and are only 13% of the population. I've lived in serious American ghettos and am well aware of the culture, which I blame rather than the race.

What's your point?

Sure...
I always thought whites committed more crime historically and presently than anyone and I dont tell my kids all whites are criminals.
Maybe you'd better start telling them, if that's what you really believe.

Sure...
No need. I dont want them handicapped for life and dumbed down like you.

Sure...

Play the game with someone else. Black people commit over half the overall murders in the US and are only 13% of the population. I've lived in serious American ghettos and am well aware of the culture, which I blame rather than the race.
Why would you blame the race when all you have ever lived in were ghettos? Are claiming the Polish are criminals? Thats where the word ghetto comes from.

Sure...
No need. I dont want them handicapped for life and dumbed down like you.
I'm very successful. Don't get mad, now.

Forum List

Back