13 hours

What in the hell is wrong with you? ...
Nothing. I'm just not a vapid, rabid Hillary-hater. OTOH, I don't trust her.

I also think she was more clueless than active in the Benghazi tragedy. She cut herself out of the loop with her private email server paranoia. If an ambassador's request for increased security or concerns about an unstable situation went unaddressed by Hillary, it wasn't because she didn't care or was actively working against them. It was because she was fucking clueless. Unfit to lead? Yes. Evil incarnate? No.

13 Hours? The total amount of time the Ben-gotcha committee spent interrogating her. #of gloves landed? Zilch.
13 hours the total amount of time the Americans in Benghazi were left hanging out to dry while fighting radical extremist. Answering questions about that is almost as heroic as dodging imaginary sniper fire.
If you know that your compound is going to be hit, you grab everybody and you get tha' hell out of there.

Why did they just sit there and not move ???

I need to see the movie too.
No one knew the diplomatic compound where ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith were killed was going to be hit they got caught by surprise. There were several reasons the people at the CIA annex couldn't take off they had to destroy all top secret documents and equipment they had no transportation to get them out of the country and had to wait for that and they didn't know the status of ambassador Stevens where he was or if he was dead or alive.

The simple answer is, because they were doing it too....
Translation: Yes, everybody was in on the conspiracy to arm ISIS.

What the fuck, dude?

First, why would thousands of patriotic Americans support an effort to arm ISIS?

Second, why would the Euros do it too?

No one knew the diplomatic compound where ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith were killed was going to be hit they got caught by surprise. There were several reasons the people at the CIA annex couldn't take off they had to destroy all top secret documents and equipment they had no transportation to get them out of the country and had to wait for that and they didn't know the status of ambassador Stevens where he was or if he was dead or alive.
Agreed. Unstated is the fact this was a failure of leadership. If a leader assigns people to do a job, they need to make sure those people are properly staffed, supplied and supported to execute the mission. In this case, it seems a classic case of both the CIA annex and the consulate staff being told to put 10 pounds in a 5 pound sack with no other contingency plans in place. When the shit hit the fan, the leadership in Washington was caught flatfooted. By the time they figured out what was happening, it was all over.

Forum List

Back