Mitch McConnell all but asserts Trump is not thoughtful -- ROTFL

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I don't think much of Mich McConnell, but just as a blind squirrel can occasionally find a nut, Sen. McConnell can occasionally get something right, even though to do it, the bar had to be lower than snake in snowshoes.

The bar is insanely low when of the standard bearer for his party, the best the Senate Majority leader can muster is "he didn't gratuitously insult" someone other than Hillary Clinton and "he should be thoughtful." Really? That's where the GOP Presidential nominee is in terms of his quality as a potential leader? Could the praise with which one is damned be any more faint than "he should be thoughtful?" LOL

It's one thing for the GOP "brain trust" to deride Trump and his remarks as being insipid and hateful, but that's what any really smart person -- Dem or Rep -- is expected to do. "Grass roots" folks aren't going to pay much mind to folks like that anyway, at least not in this day and time as there seems to be an outright revolt against intellectualism. But when the likes of Mitch McConnell says it, one must sit up and take notice.

I don't know how well you know Mr. McConnell, but he's among the most ardent party loyalist/hack types in the GOP. He's a "party before all else" kind of guy who is the most disliked person in the U.S. Senate. That said, I don't think one needs even to have met Mitch McConnell to see how pained he was to not say anything more damaging than what he did say, and yet show himself to have at least the razor thin modicum of integrity he does have, a level that nobody in Washington thinks rises to meet that of Paul Ryan or Sens. Sanders, Leahy, and Collins.

Do you know what it means to not be thoughtful? It means one does not think. And what has every opponent been saying about Trump since "day one?" Precisely that. The man is not a thinker; he's, in general, an idiot and his ideas are idiotic pipe dreams at best. Pipe dreams that lack the merit of even being worth achieving if they could be achieved. He's a lucky imbecile who has managed to make a lot of money, and there's no question he thinks about how to line his pockets. That's hardly enough to qualify him for the challenges of the U.S. Presidency.

Trump made his case against the La Raza Judge and the two legal teams who have given the Clintons close to a million dollars for speeches.

This lawsuit is strictly a political hit job using the judiciary. Trump is not going to be taken out by a witch hunt by the left.

Mitch McConnell is essentially a zionist neocon which is why being approved by that douchebag or any of the many others is a sign of being bought out.

'He's a "party before all else" kind of guy...'

As are Trump supporters, who blindly defend someone who is indefensible – a bigot, racist, and candidate completely unqualified to be president.

Indeed, Trump supporters know he has no business being president, but as rightwing partisan hacks they’d never admit the truth, and defend him anyway because he’s the ‘republican’ nominee.

Perhaps we need more thoughtful people like McConnell. He and his elite have thought us 20 trillion in debt and thought thousands of american soldiers dead and mutilated for absolutely nothing. Thoughtful indeed.

I don't think much of Mich McConnell,

Why don't you like turtles? He's a snapper, but still a turtle. Just flip him over on his back.

Or let Liz Warren get a hold of him. I hear she makes a mean pot of turtle soup.

Every time I drive through Kentucky I get pissed my fellow Americans kept sending Mitch to Washington. But then the coal operators are his best friends. And Kentucky loves coal.

Forum List

Back