12 officials indicted for voter fraud or Let's guess which party they belong

Which Party ?

• Democrat

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Republican

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
Regardless of party, what law did they break while "illegally helping people vote by absentee ballot"?

It's funny how democrats PURPOSELY prevented the military from doing such but made sure their voting base got their ballots...

Yeah, I'm saying democrats nefariously and intentionally suppressed the military vote.

Why?? because 75% of those in the military will vote republican or non-democrat...

You are damn right on that one....that was the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen.

I will reiterate the question that Care4All posed:

How would voter ID laws stop the election fraud that is to be alleged with these indictments?

So far there are very few details in this case. If there was, indeed, some sort of election fraud, then I hope it is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Of course, it helps if we know what law they have violated.

I am not sure about this particular case but I can tell you that in Oregon votes are done by mail. You don't go to any polling place and check in with an ID. They just mail you your ballot. It's not terribly difficult to dumpster dive for a neighbor's unused ballot and in fact my fiance says that in the last election several of her neighbors said they would be willing to fill out her ballot if she didn't plan on using it. It's very, very easy to submit multiple ballots in Oregon from what I understand (I have only been here a year so I can't say for certain myself...just going by what others here have told me).

The signature on the ballot must match the signature on file before it will be counted. If you dumpster dive your neighbors ballot, the signature you put on it isn't going to match the one on file for that voter.

How would voter ID laws stop the election fraud that is to be alleged with these indictments?

So far there are very few details in this case. If there was, indeed, some sort of election fraud, then I hope it is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Of course, it helps if we know what law they have violated.

I am not sure about this particular case but I can tell you that in Oregon votes are done by mail. You don't go to any polling place and check in with an ID. They just mail you your ballot. It's not terribly difficult to dumpster dive for a neighbor's unused ballot and in fact my fiance says that in the last election several of her neighbors said they would be willing to fill out her ballot if she didn't plan on using it. It's very, very easy to submit multiple ballots in Oregon from what I understand (I have only been here a year so I can't say for certain myself...just going by what others here have told me).

The signature on the ballot must match the signature on file before it will be counted. If you dumpster dive your neighbors ballot, the signature you put on it isn't going to match the one on file for that voter.

Well I guess that just might be considered a voter ID law. What documentation does Oregon require to register to vote??

I would think your proper signature to match the one on file might be worth some $, a lot of people can be bought especially when they can't pay the mortgage.

We can, and we can see the rather obvious bias in the article. A weak minded person would read that article and perceive, as the writer intended, that these people were targeted because of their race.
That is not the case. Although they all appear to be black, they violated the law and were indicted for that reason only.

What always bugs me about these discussions is not whether or not voter ID laws would stop this fraud or even any fraud. It is the absolute denial of the left (not saying you personally) that Democrats do this, yet the fervent insistence that Republicans do this all the time. That kind of partisanship pisses me off. Any thinking human being would realize that if one side or the other finds a way to cheat, the other side is going to try to beat them at their own game. It is not like either side in this discussion has a moral bone in its body so to speak.

Also, I simply cannot understand why anyone believes that there are very many American adults who do not have an ID since so much of our lives require one. It amazes me that people like TDM will claim that millions of Americans (when there are only slightly more than 300 million men, women and children in America) don't have some form of legal ID. To me it only makes sense that one would have to prove who he/she is before casting a vote.

It is only common sense that someone would have to prove who they are before they cast a vote.

Immie

You only have to "believe" the facts. Studies have been done and those studies show that there ARE voters who will be disenfranchised by some of these states more restrictive voter ID laws. Some voters already HAVE, especially the elderly.

I don't, necessarily, have a problem with some form of voter ID, but the laws that some of these states are passing are so restrictive that things like student IDs are not accepted as valid.

I'd feel a lot better about some of these ID laws if there was a grandfather clause. If you've been voting your whole life, you shouldn't have to suddenly jump through hoops to get an ID.

The kind of fraud being alleged in this thread will not be stopped by Voter ID laws. The kind of fraud that is ACTUALLY occurring isn't going to be stopped with Voter ID laws. Heck, the Supreme Court could not find ANY cases of fraud that will be stopped with these restrictive Voter ID laws.

If these conservative states really WERE concerned with Election Fraud, they would be doing a lot more than passing excessively restrictive voter ID laws that DO disenfranchise voters. They would be pushing for more transparency...for example, in Wisconsin where a single registrar stored ALL the votes on her personal computer or in Texas where the State Supreme Court actually ruled that no paper trail is required for electronic voting.

This is where the actual fraud can and DOES occur, but these states that are passing the most restrictive Voter ID laws aren't even LOOKING at these things.

Does that strike you as them wanting to prevent fraud or just prevent some people from voting?

Well I guess that just might be considered a voter ID law. What documentation does Oregon require to register to vote??

I would think your proper signature to match the one on file might be worth some $, a lot of people can be bought especially when they can't pay the mortgage.

It is a verification, not "voter ID". When registering to vote in Oregon:

HAVA requires that new registrants in the state of Oregon must provide identifying information to register to vote. If the registrant has a current, valid Oregon DMV/ID number, they must provide that number. If they do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV/IDnumber, they must provide the last four digits of their Social Security number. If they do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV/ID number or a Social Security number (Which are, likely, checked through a statewide database as they do in my state, CA) they must affirm this by attesting to this on the voter registration card.

In addition, if the registrant does not have a current, valid Oregon DMV/ID number or
a Social Security number and they are registering by mail, they must affirm this on the voter registration card and they must provide a copy of one of the following:
  • valid photo identification
  • a paycheck stub
  • a utility bill
  • a bank statement
  • a government document
  • proof of eligibility under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) or the Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act (VAEH)

Even with far reaching "what-ifs" as the one you presented, Vote by Mail isn't going away and is increasing in popularity. In our most recent election in November, 75% of the votes in my county were cast by VBM ballot. Over 50% of our county is registered to permanently vote by mail.

What always bugs me about these discussions is not whether or not voter ID laws would stop this fraud or even any fraud. It is the absolute denial of the left (not saying you personally) that Democrats do this, yet the fervent insistence that Republicans do this all the time. That kind of partisanship pisses me off. Any thinking human being would realize that if one side or the other finds a way to cheat, the other side is going to try to beat them at their own game. It is not like either side in this discussion has a moral bone in its body so to speak.

Also, I simply cannot understand why anyone believes that there are very many American adults who do not have an ID since so much of our lives require one. It amazes me that people like TDM will claim that millions of Americans (when there are only slightly more than 300 million men, women and children in America) don't have some form of legal ID. To me it only makes sense that one would have to prove who he/she is before casting a vote.

It is only common sense that someone would have to prove who they are before they cast a vote.

Immie

You only have to "believe" the facts. Studies have been done and those studies show that there ARE voters who will be disenfranchised by some of these states more restrictive voter ID laws. Some voters already HAVE, especially the elderly.

I don't, necessarily, have a problem with some form of voter ID, but the laws that some of these states are passing are so restrictive that things like student IDs are not accepted as valid.

I'd feel a lot better about some of these ID laws if there was a grandfather clause. If you've been voting your whole life, you shouldn't have to suddenly jump through hoops to get an ID.

The kind of fraud being alleged in this thread will not be stopped by Voter ID laws. The kind of fraud that is ACTUALLY occurring isn't going to be stopped with Voter ID laws. Heck, the Supreme Court could not find ANY cases of fraud that will be stopped with these restrictive Voter ID laws.

If these conservative states really WERE concerned with Election Fraud, they would be doing a lot more than passing excessively restrictive voter ID laws that DO disenfranchise voters. They would be pushing for more transparency...for example, in Wisconsin where a single registrar stored ALL the votes on her personal computer or in Texas where the State Supreme Court actually ruled that no paper trail is required for electronic voting.

This is where the actual fraud can and DOES occur, but these states that are passing the most restrictive Voter ID laws aren't even LOOKING at these things.

Does that strike you as them wanting to prevent fraud or just prevent some people from voting?

THE BRENNAN CENTER FOR JUSTICE?
It is quite possible their research is skewed
Besides, even the author of the report, Norden, said
“We’re not claiming that all 3.2 million, in the case of voter ID laws, are actually not going to be able to vote."
:eusa_angel:

Fundamentally, it will fall down to believability to the US public

Very few believe that showing ID for voting would be burden and find it
hard to believe that people who use the system in any way, can not
come up with some ID. Furthermore, the negative impact ,if any, would be
very limited and easily corrected. Indeed, the only people who resist would
be people who have something to hide, be it themselves or some activity they
are engaging in, like voter fraud. Indeed, give us some examples of people who
have no ID of any type and could never get it?

Besides, most of these laws have a “laundry list” of exemptions for people who may
have a hard time obtaining the required identification,
such as living more than 50 miles away from the nearest Division of Motor Vehicles.

Furthermore, it adds integrity to the voting system and cuts down on fraud.
Votes from the dead, multiple votes, etc only cancel out the legitimate votes.

The Left has a hard time selling this one because people fundamentally know, it is the right thing to do.
(albeit for a few leftists who want voter fraud to continue since it tends to favor them)

New laws requiring voters to show photo identification are set to take effect in
Kansas, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Last edited:

Do you really think they check the signatures of every single ballot that comes in? I know they claim to but personally I have a hard time believing that they actually do. Plus signatures change sometimes. I dont know how they compare signatures...electronically? If so how much variance does the software allow? Enough that a forgery could get by? Do they check it personally..if so it opens the door for personal bias in authentication. I don't know the answers to those. I am just pointing out that I find it questionable.

What if my family hates politics? What if my wife and daughter, who just turned 18, are Democrats but don't vote. I'm a Republican and I know their signatures anyhow so I fill out their ballots and forge their signature. Maybe my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are all the same. Hell I could log a ton of votes for my candidate on the unused ballots of my disinterested family members alone.

Here's another little scenario for you. In a voting booth I am alone. No one can see who i am voting for. In Oregon maybe I go to my daughter and stand over her while she is filling out her ballot and say "oh no...check THAT box and you don't get your car for a month", maybe I am an abusive husband and say to my wife "oh no...check that box and you're going to have to wear a lot of make-up for the next few weeks." Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe my wife is standing over me saying "well if you check that box you can forget about any blow jobs for the next year".

The system in Oregon is wide open for extensive voter fraud.

Immie

More than five million Americans could be affected by the new rules already put in place this year -- a number larger than the margin of victory in two of the last three presidential elections.

I don't have time to read the study right now. I note a very important word in that sentence that seems to be ignored here... the word is could.

For the record as I believe I have made myself clear before, I could care less about the Voter ID laws. What bugs me is the partisan bullshit of so many on the left that says that Democrats would never stoop to such tactics. Sorry, but I find that hilarious! As if one side is angelic and the other side is devilish. IMHO both sides have their share of good and bad in them.

One point that the left makes in this argument that I can agree with is that this type of voter fraud is miniscule and doesn't really play a part in the outcome of elections. I can agree with that. On the other hand it should not be excused simply because it is miniscule.

Neither side is concerned with either voter fraud or election fraud, what they really want to do is to divide us along "party lines" so that we blame and hate each other. This is just another issue that they can use to divide us and unfortunately we allow them to get away with it.

Immie

I don't have time to read the study right now. I note a very important word in that sentence that seems to be ignored here... the word is could.

For the record as I believe I have made myself clear before, I could care less about the Voter ID laws. What bugs me is the partisan bullshit of so many on the left that says that Democrats would never stoop to such tactics. Sorry, but I find that hilarious! As if one side is angelic and the other side is devilish. IMHO both sides have their share of good and bad in them.

One point that the left makes in this argument that I can agree with is that this type of voter fraud is miniscule and doesn't really play a part in the outcome of elections. I can agree with that. On the other hand it should not be excused simply because it is miniscule.

Neither side is concerned with either voter fraud or election fraud, what they really want to do is to divide us along "party lines" so that we blame and hate each other. This is just another issue that they can use to divide us and unfortunately we allow them to get away with it.

Immie
Immie,

So anytime an issue is brought up by someone who can be perceived as being on a "side" of an issue it's because they want to divide the electorate along party lines, not because issues have to surface into the public mind to even be dealt with. That sucks to me since many issues are pertinent enough they must be dealt with, and airing them publicly is important and the only way we can deal with them with legislation or take any action. If you don't care to immerse youself in an issue then ignore it.

Last edited:

Immie
Immie,

So anytime an issue is brought up by someone who can be perceived as being on a "side" of an issue it's because they want to divide the electorate along party lines, not because issues have to surface into the public mind to even be dealt with. That sucks to me since many issues are pertinent enough they must be dealt with, and airing them publicly is important and the only way we can deal with them with legislation or take any action. If you don't care to immerse youself in an issue then ignore it.

I have to leave for a while.

I agree, issues need to be brought up. Unfortunately, our politicians have no real desire to deal with the issues. All they really care about is winning the next election and to do that they have to scandalize their opponents. In the meantime, America suffers.

You're right it sucks.

Immie

HAVA requires that new registrants in the state of Oregon must provide identifying information to register to vote. If the registrant has a current, valid Oregon DMV/ID number, they must provide that number. If they do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV/IDnumber, they must provide the last four digits of their Social Security number. If they do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV/ID number or a Social Security number (Which are, likely, checked through a statewide database as they do in my state, CA) they must affirm this by attesting to this on the voter registration card.

In addition, if the registrant does not have a current, valid Oregon DMV/ID number or
a Social Security number and they are registering by mail, they must affirm this on the voter registration card and they must provide a copy of one of the following:
  • a paycheck stub
  • a utility bill
  • a bank statement
  • a government document
  • proof of eligibility under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) or the Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act (VAEH)

Even with far reaching "what-ifs" as the one you presented, Vote by Mail isn't going away and is increasing in popularity. In our most recent election in November, 75% of the votes in my county were cast by VBM ballot. Over 50% of our county is registered to permanently vote by mail.

If you don't have a social security number you shouldn't be allowed to vote...

Generally only illegal aliens don't have social security numbers..

• a paycheck stub
  • a utility bill
  • a bank statement
  • a government document

If you don't have a social security number you shouldn't be allowed to vote...

Generally only illegal aliens don't have social security numbers..
Unfortunately, many of them do have fraudulent SSNs, supplied by liberals:

Michelle Malkin » School supplies fake Social Security numbers to teachers

Forum List

Back