12 more glaciers that haven’t heard the news about global warming

From The Sunday Times February 7, 2010

I thought of killing myself, says climate scandal professor Phil Jones
Richard Girling 309 Comments
Recommend? (98) THE scientist at the centre of the “climategate” email scandal has revealed that he was so traumatised by the global backlash against him that he contemplated suicide.

Professor Phil Jones said in an exclusive interview with The Sunday Times that he had thought about killing himself “several times”. He acknowledged similarities to Dr David Kelly, the scientist who committed suicide after being exposed as the source for a BBC report that alleged the government had “sexed up” evidence to justify the invasion of Iraq.

In emails that were hacked into and seized upon by global-warming sceptics before the Copenhagen climate summit in December, Jones appeared to call upon his colleagues to destroy scientific data rather than release it to people intent on discrediting their work monitoring climate change.

Jones, 57, said he was unprepared for the scandal: “I am just a scientist. I have no training in PR or dealing with crises.”

Background
The IPCC's Synthesis Report (See section 3.3.2)
International Institute for Sustainable Development - report on how climate change might affect crop yields
Climate change speech by Ban Ki-Moon, UN secretary-general
Related Links
The leak was bad. Then came the death threats
Scientist says UN panel is losing credibility
The incident has taken a severe toll on his health. He has lost more than a stone in weight and disclosed he is on beta-blockers and using sleeping pills. He said the support of his family, and especially the love of his five-year-old granddaughter, had helped him to shake off suicidal thoughts: “I wanted to see her grow up.”

I saw this and laughed my balls off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughing_man-6.jpg

Now these just happen to be my points.

For you see, there was an excellant oppertunity to refute the GHG theory of atmospheric warming in the last three years.

A low TSI. A record low in sunspots.

So we should have had some very cold years. Except we did not. In fact, those years ranked among the ten warmest on record.

So what was differant. 40% more CO2. 150% more CH4. And some very nasty industrial GHGs.

You silly asses, it was your idiotic hypothesis that GHGs do not matter that was falsifide. For the GHGs we have put into the atmosphere kept the atmosphere warming in spite of the fact that the other forcings were negative.

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-2.jpg

David Kelly (weapons expert) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Death
[edit] "Many dark actors playing games"
On the morning of 17 July 2003, Kelly was working as usual at home in Oxfordshire. Publicity given to his public appearance two days before had led many of his friends to send him supportive e-mails, to which he was responding. One of the e-mails he sent that day was to New York Times journalist Judith Miller,[15] who had used Kelly as a source in a book on bioterrorism, to whom Kelly mentioned "many dark actors playing games."[16][17] He also received an e-mail from his superiors at the Ministry of Defence asking for more details of his contact with journalists.

[edit] Daily walk and subsequent death
At about 15:00, Kelly told his wife that he was going for a walk, as he did every day. He appears to have gone directly to an area of woodlands known as Harrowdown Hill about a mile away from his home, where he allegedly ingested up to 29 tablets of painkillers (co-proxamol, an analgesic drug). He then allegedly cut his left wrist with a knife he had owned since his youth.[citation needed]

[edit] Investigation
Kelly's wife reported him missing shortly after midnight that night, and he was found early the next morning.[18] The government immediately announced that Lord Hutton would lead the judicial Hutton Inquiry into the events leading up to the death. The BBC shortly afterwards confirmed that Kelly had indeed been the single source for Andrew Gilligan's report.

The Hutton Inquiry reported on 28 January 2004 confirming that Kelly had committed suicide. Lord Hutton wrote:

I am satisfied that none of the persons whose decisions and actions I later describe ever contemplated that Kelly might take his own life. I am further satisfied that none of those persons was at fault in not contemplating that Kelly might take his own life. Whatever pressures and strains Kelly was subjected to by the decisions and actions taken in the weeks before his death, I am satisfied that no one realised or should have realised that those pressures and strains might drive him to take his own life or contribute to his decision to do so.
Hutton concluded, controversially, that the Ministry of Defence were obliged to make Kelly's identity known once he came forward as a potential source, and had not acted in a duplicitous manner. However, Hutton criticised the MoD for not alerting Kelly to the fact that his name had become known to the press.

[edit] Controversial issues
[edit] "I will probably be found dead in the woods"
During the Hutton inquiry, a British ambassador called David Broucher reported a conversation with Kelly at a Geneva meeting in February 2003. Broucher related that Kelly said he had assured his Iraqi sources that there would be no war if they co-operated, and that a war would put him in an "ambiguous" moral position.[8] Broucher had asked Kelly what would happen if Iraq were invaded, and Kelly had replied, "I will probably be found dead in the woods." Broucher then quoted from an email he had sent just after Kelly's death: "I did not think much of this at the time, taking it to be a hint that the Iraqis might try to take revenge against him, something that did not seem at all fanciful then. I now see that he may have been thinking on rather different lines."

[edit] Fatality of ulnar artery cuts
Although suicide was officially accepted as the cause of death, some medical experts have raised doubts, suggesting that the evidence does not back this up. The most detailed objection was provided in a letter from three medical doctors published in The Guardian,[19] reinforced by support from two other senior physicians in a later letter to the Guardian.[20] These doctors argued that the autopsy finding of a transected ulnar artery could not have caused a degree of blood loss that would kill someone, particularly when outside in the cold (where vasoconstriction would slow blood loss). Further, this conflicted with the minimal amount of blood found at the scene. They also contended that the amount of co-proxamol found was only about a third of what would normally be fatal. Dr. Rouse, a British epidemiologist wrote to the British Medical Journal pointing out that the act of committing suicide by severing wrist arteries is an extremely rare occurrence in a 59-year-old man with no previous psychiatric history.[21] Nobody else died from that cause during the year.

[edit] Little blood lost
Dave Bartlett and Vanessa Hunt, the two paramedics who were called to the scene of Kelly's death, have since gone public with their view that there was not enough blood at the location to justify the belief that he died from blood loss. Bartlett and Hunt told the Guardian that they saw a small amount of blood on plants near Kelly's body and a patch of blood the size of a coin on his trousers. They said they would expect to find several pints of blood at the scene of a suicide involving an arterial cut.[22][23]

However, two other forensic pathologists, Chris Milroy of [Sheffield University] and Guy Rutty of [Leicester University], dismissed the paramedics' claims, saying it is hard to judge blood loss from the scene of a death, as some blood may have seeped into the ground. Milroy also told the Guardian that Kelly's heart condition may have made it hard for him to sustain any significant degree of blood loss.[24]

[edit] No fingerprints on knife
On 15 October 2007, it was discovered, through a Freedom of Information request, that the knife with which Kelly allegedly committed suicide had no fingerprints on it.[25][26]

[edit] Lack of formal inquest
The Hutton Inquiry took priority over an inquest, which would normally be required into a suspicious death.[27] The Oxfordshire coroner, Nicholas Gardiner, considered the issue again in March 2004. After reviewing evidence that had not been presented to the Hutton Inquiry, Gardiner decided that there was no need for further investigation. This conclusion did not satisfy those who had raised doubts, but there has been no alternative official explanation for Kelly's death.

Last edited:
RFK, Jr. 15 months ago: Global warming means no snow or cold in DC:tomato::tomato::tomato:
By: David Freddoso
Online Opinion Editor
12/21/09 1:51 PM EST

Mary Mitchell cross country skis in a deserted downtown in front of the U.S. Capitol December 19, 2009 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.

Having shoveled my walk five times in the midst of this past weekend's extreme cold and blizzard, I think perhaps RFK, Jr. should leave weather analysis to the meteorologists instead of trying to attribute every global phenomenon to anthropogenic climate change.

Yuk........yuk..........yuk..............:funnyface::funnyface::tomato::tomato:

Energy Update
63% Say Developing New Energy Sources More Important Than Conservation
Friday, January 22, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement
Sixty-three percent (63%) of U.S. voters say finding new sources of energy is more important than reducing the amount of energy Americans now consume. That's up eight points from last month and the highest level measured since April 2009.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/environment_energy/energy_update

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!!

epic fail for the k00ks.........................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back