12 million now covered by ObamaCare

Everything looks rosy at first. Remember, the bill has yet to come due on this miscarriage. And guess who'll be squawking the loudest when they find out what a mess this is going to be? Why, folks like Luddy, of course. And trust me; EVERYTHING THEY SAID BEFORE WILL BE RE-WRITTEN AND FORGOTTEN LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

What would I squawk about? It works for me and it works for millions who can't afford big bucks.

The people who are being screwed over are the poor who live in states with a Repup governor.

Oh yeah, and those rw maroons who would die rather than tell the truth about President Obama.

:badgrin:

The lies from the right will continue but so will those who are benefiting from ObamaCare.

I love how they're clamboring all over each other trying to find something wrong with the numbers to no avail.

Come November it'll be "What glitch?"

My fave, so far, is fox telling them not to sign up and now telling them they can't sign up.

Reminds me of when $arah and other rw slime told the gullible maroon sheeples not to fill out their census forms and then whined because they didn't get the benefits filling out the census forms would have gotten them.

D U H ! !

And, of course, they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Its all the Kenyan's fault!

LOVE IT.

what is pathetic is how you Obots feels the need to give a count every single day..I think it's because you know it's such a failure you just can't admit it...so every day we get, oooo oo look it grew by 1

must suck to be you guys and to know the majority of people hate the thing (oscam) and now the guy who sold it who's disapprovals are nearly 60%...tsk tsk

what is pathetic is how you Obots feels the need to give a count every single day..I think it's because you know it's such a failure you just can't admit it...so every day we get, oooo oo look it grew by 1

must suck to be you guys and to know the majority of people hate the thing (oscam) and now the guy who sold it who's disapprovals are nearly 60%...tsk tsk

What do you care? You're on the dole, getting govt assistance for food and you get your health care coverage from Medicare and Medicaid.

Typical rw - you got yours and fuck everyone else.

What do you care? You're on the dole, getting govt assistance for food and you get your health care coverage from Medicare and Medicaid.

I had mine and now I don't...
And I'm not alone.

My family?s ObamaCare nightmare, continued | New York Post

ObamaCare nightmare -- uninsured, injured pastor, on hook for $100,000 medical bills, could have kept health insurance | Fox News

"Because of the Affordable Care Act, he doesn’t have health insurance – and he’s now on the hook for more than $100,000 in medical bills.
Matthew and his wife used to have insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Like many Americans, they received a letter in 2013 informing them of a hike in premiums. The couple had been paying $550 per month for their plan and Blue Cross was raising the rate by more than 15 percent. Even though they liked their insurance plan, Matthew said it was no longer in their budget. They were forced to drop their plan.
“It was a significant increase that we could not afford,” he said. “We had to let it go and find something new that would be better for us financially.”
The Morgans tried to sign up for ObamaCare on the Healthcare.gov website, but Matthew said that was a fruitless effort.
“We couldn’t get on the website,” he said. “That was one of our issues as we shopped around. Then, we received the notification from the Internal Revenue Service that we would be penalized if we didn’t have health insurance. We were in the process of trying to get it as soon as possible. The website being down did not help.”
The Morgans eventually found an insurance plan. It goes into effect in April – too late to help with their current predicament"

"Insurance for the Mangiones and their two boys,which they bought on the individual market, was going to almost triple in 2014 --- from $333 a month to $965.The insurance carrier made it clear the increase was in order to be compliant with the new health care law.
"This isn't a Cadillac plan, this isn't even a silver plan," Mangione said, referring to higher levels of coverage under ObamaCare.
"This is a high deductible plan where I'm assuming a lot of risk for my health insurance for my family. And nothing has changed, our boys are healthy-- they're young --my wife is healthy. I'm healthy, nothing in our medical history has changed to warrant a tripling of our premiums.
"Well I'm the one that does the budget,” said his wife. "Eventually I've got that coming down the pike that I gotta figure out what we're gonna cut what we're gonna do, to afford a $1,000 a month premium."

One man's ObamaCare nightmare | Fox News

"Ralston College President Stephen Blackwood wrote that Obamacare has made his mother's cancer battle a nightmare that will "accelerate her disease and death." He detailed how her Obamacare plan no longer covers the cost of her essential Sandostatin cancer medication, which totaled $14,000 since January 1 alone.
Blackwood said his mother, Catherine, had a "terrific" Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan for almost 20 years until Obamacare canceled it. After navigating the "bureaucratic morass" of enrolling in Obamacare, Blackwood says his mother was informed that "the only way to find out in detail what was in the plan was to buy the plan."
What happened next, writes Blackwood, was shocking.
"Then on Feb. 12, just before going into (yet another) surgery, she was informed by Humana that it would not, in fact, cover her Sandostatin, or other cancer-related medications," he explained. "The cost of the Sandostatin alone, since Jan. 1, was $14,000, and the company was refusing to pay."
Blackwood added, "Obamacare made my mother's old plan illegal, and it forced her to buy a new plan that would accelerate her disease and death...The 'Affordable' Care Act is a brutal, Procrustean disaster."

Obamacare Skyrockets Cancer Patient's Meds to $14,000

".....Americans with pre-existing conditions like HIV are discovering that some of the policies being sold through Obamacare’s new insurance exchanges do not cover commonly prescribed medications for their disease and require much higher out-of-pocket spending than for other drugs. In many 2014 plans offered in the ACA’s insurance exchanges, that can mean patients are required to cover as as much as 50 percent of the cost of HIV medications, an expense that could run as high as $1,500 per month."

Obamacare Health Coverage for HIV Costly, Advocates Say | TIME.com

"ObamaCare is supposed to be a huge boon for anyone with a pre-existing condition. Count that another promise broken: It’s actually denying care because of pre-existing conditions.
"Millions of Americans with cancer and other chronic illnesses will wind up paying more for lifesaving care, if they can get it all.
To keep costs down, the White House designed ObamaCare plans as cut-rate HMOs. The low profit margins have forced insurers to downsize the number of doctors and hospitals in their networks — and to slash what they cover for out-of-network treatment.
So most ObamaCare plans don’t include the vast majority of the best cancer doctors and cancer centers. That’s a huge problem for these patients. As Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former Medicare official, writes: “Cancer patients often need the help of specialized doctors and cancer institutions that won’t make it into many of these cheapened networks.”
All across the country, leading cancer centers — including New York’s Memorial Sloan Kettering — are excluded by the largest plans. In Washington state, the largest exchange plans exclude world-class cancer care for kids such as the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. California’s state-of-the-art Cedars-Sinai cancer center isn’t in any ObamaCare plan. Only a few plans include the Mayo Clinic.
And if you want a doctor outside such networks, you’ll generally have to pay the full cost of care.
Many people will get better coverage at a lower cost under ObamaCare (after all, the feds are spending hundreds of billions on it). But most cancer patients will wind up paying more for less.
Take Michael Cerpok, a leukemia survivor in Fountain Hills, Ariz. Right now, his monthly premium is about half his monthly take-home pay. But the ObamaCare law forced his insurer to kill that plan for one that fits the law’s rules.
Now he’ll have to pay more for drugs, and his Mayo Clinic doctor is no longer in his network.
Last year, his treatment bill was more than $350,000, but thanks to insurance his out-of-pocket was only $4,500. Now, to keep his doctor, the one who has kept him alive for seven years, Cerpok will have to pay $26,000 out-of-pocket.
ObamaCare also stints on drug coverage, severely limiting the medicines plans cover. Many pre-Obama plans just charged a co-pay of about $50-70 a month for cancer drugs. Under ObamaCare, thousands of cancer patients will have to pay more than $2,500 a month for medicines.

"Horribly, ObamaCare is limiting access to new medicines just as a revolution is delivering far better treatments. More than 40 new treatments target the genetic source of tumors, as opposed to older therapies that kill cancer cells after they spread. On average, ObamaCare plans cover only 10 targeted therapies, and insurers don’t have to add new breakthroughs until 2016.
"A study by Avalere Health found that up to 90 percent of ObamaCare plans will force cancer patients to cover half the cost of new drugs until they hit the out-of-pocket maximum. By comparison, only 29 percent of non-ObamaCare employer-based plans do so.

"Many patients will just give up. Another Avalere study found that people are four times more likely to stop using innovative therapies if they have to pay $500 or more.
South Carolinan Bill Elliott, 50, and a late-stage lung-cancer survivor, is looking at doing just that. He reports that premiums for his family will jump from $150 to $1,500 a month. His doctor isn’t in the ObamaCare network and neither are his medicines, so he’s thinking about stopping altogether, “pay the $95 or whatever fine and I’m just going to let nature take its course,” because he doesn’t want to burden his family.
Forget the Web site and other disasters: The ugliest part of ObamaCare is how it denies life-saving coverage to cancer patients. That isn’t a “glitch”; it’s a cruel and key feature of the law."

Death by Obamacare: ?Reform? reams cancer patients | New York Post

You can push that lie all you want...but I'm not like you, sorry...I pay my own way and have for 60 years

you're the typical left winger, you want others to pay for you and who care's it takes away from their family..Your motto is: fuck everyone in this country

Last edited:
Everything looks rosy at first. Remember, the bill has yet to come due on this miscarriage. And guess who'll be squawking the loudest when they find out what a mess this is going to be? Why, folks like Luddy, of course. And trust me; EVERYTHING THEY SAID BEFORE WILL BE RE-WRITTEN AND FORGOTTEN LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

What would I squawk about? It works for me and it works for millions who can't afford big bucks.
The people who are being screwed over are the poor who live in states with a Repup governor.

You say that it "works for you, and it works for those who can't afford big bucks" eh ? Yes, and you know why ? It's because for those who have their health care subsidized for them by the federal government now, will only help to increase the price of health care in the market place, instead of decreasing it. You actually think that the insurance companies or industry won't pile on after they see the feds subsidizing or giving insurances to their industry that they can't and won't lose in this deal no matter what happens ?

The ones who will be burned is the working man or woman, for whom can't get any help at all, and therefore they are or will be subjected to the higher cost that the insurance industry will bring now upon us all who are in this boat together, because the government is involved in making sure that millions have insurance in which will be heavily subsidized by them to make it work, but in the end it won't work because the government will bail once reality sets in.

The working man and woman don't have a chance in this enviroment created now, and the feds know this. They are looking at the alternative I think already to the situation, but the one in play has to totally collapse the original system first. They knew this..

Oh yeah, and those rw maroons who would die rather than tell the truth about President Obama.

:badgrin:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Hey Luddly was this issue resolved yet?

Do you really have background to say this about Stephanie?
Or you saying something "in general" to slam rw as hypocrites
or about her specifically?

Where did you get this?

Stephanie: if what you say is true, and not Luddly,
is there a place on here where we can make user friendly bets.

And whoever is right or wrong gets to choose what Avatar
the losing side has to use for a week or a month or whatever wager is placed.

This seems like something that can be proven true or false.
This should be an easy case to settle.

If Luddly really really believes this about you specifically, and it turns out to be false,
why not bet that whoever loses the bet has to pay a certain amount toward the health care or help for a disabled or elderly person or Veteran who can't cover all their costs.

Agree on some goal, and make a bet. Either one person is lying
or this issue needs to be dropped if people aren't willing to stand behind what they say!!

Luddly I hope this issue gets resolved.

I really hope to work with you, Stephanie and others on USMB on a proposal to major party leaders to address political conflicts and beliefs. If we cannot even resolve simple points like this, what business do we have debating more complex abstract points, really.

Where did you get this?

If Luddly really really believes this about you specifically, and it turns out to be false,
why not bet that whoever loses the bet has to pay a certain amount toward the health care or help for a disabled or elderly person or Veteran who can't cover all their costs.

or this issue needs to be dropped if people aren't willing to stand behind what they say!!

I really hope to work with you, Stephanie and others on USMB on a proposal to major party leaders to address political conflicts and beliefs. If we cannot even resolve simple points like this, what business do we have debating more complex abstract points, really.

I'll resolve it, no he has nothing... he just lies and doesn't care that he does
it's his problem... but I hope everyone take's notice and keep it in mind..He'll lie about any of you with no problem

The lies from the right will continue but so will those who are benefiting from ObamaCare.

They will.

Of course, all conservatives need to do is develop a plan of their own, stop lying, and stop wasting time seeking to ‘repeal’ the Act absent a replacement.

If you really want them to develop a plan of their own
where is the push to allow an exemption for that,
and reward citizens, or in this case members of an entire political party,
for developing their own alternative system.

Why is this being punished and penalized?

Why can't both sides approve their OWN plans
instead of forcing "one plan for all" and penalizing other choices that don't fit that plan.

If the point was to ENCOURAGE states and citizens to create their own alternatives,
why weren't the exemptions and state innovations more open to free choice?

If people's choices of plans were respected equally, it would not be presented as one plan being forced by law while other free market choices are PENALIZED unless and until written up as a formal plan "to be approved."

Remember, before this bill, everyone had freedom to pay for their own health care WITHOUT having to report to federal govt how we did so and whether or not we used insurance to cover our costs. Now, not only are we under threat of federal tax penalties if we don't specifically buy INSURANCE (not pay costs other ways, which still get fined),
but we are required to pass an additional law through Congress before we get the rights back we had before, except with this added regulation of having to write out these plans and pass them through CONGRESS?

How is this equal?

When people whose political beliefs AGREE with the regulations on govt health care
DON'T have to jump through "all these hoops" to defend THEIR beliefs from infringement
and get the liberties back citizens had before (after being deprived without due process).

How is that NOT discrimination by creed?

????

Last edited:

Where did you get this?

I'll resolve it, no he has nothing... he just lies and doesn't care that he does
it's his problem... but I hope everyone take's notice and keep it in mind..He'll lie about any of you with no problem

Hmmmm if the ends justify the means
and he is willing to lie THIS boldly to win politically
maybe Luddly has what it takes to run for office!

Go Luddly!!!

Congrats to the Heritage Foundation on Making Obamacare Work

There's a lot of trolling in that first paragraph, so allow me to unpack it. In the early 1990s, as then-President Bill Clinton and other members of his family tried to figure out how to improve and expand health care coverage, the Heritage Foundation developed the idea of the "individual mandate" — the idea, in essence, that making people get coverage would inject money into the system and diffuse risk, allowing a private-sector solution to the problem. That proposal was adopted by Mitt Romney as the governor of Massachusetts, and then made its way into the Affordable Care Act. (Hilariously, the Heritage Foundation tried to deny its role in the idea once Obamacare became a conservative hobbyhorse, but even conservatives wouldn't let them get away with it.)

Congrats to the Heritage Foundation on Making Obamacare Work

Forum List

Back