11 TV Shows that Defined Your Childhood

Hopalong Cassidy, (watching it right now on western channel)

Maverick

Captain Kangaroo

Howdy Dooty

Bonanza

Our Miss Brooks

Sky King

Art Linkletter

Dick Vandyke show

Jackie Gleason

Shirley Temple Storytime

Mission Impossible

I absolutely loved the variety shows! It would take forever to name them but they started with the guy who had the most annoying way of talking but seemed to get every great act in the world. I know it's probably in the list @ Music Shows & Variety Shows/Specials but I'm sorta watching the Olympics and did take time to really check it out.

I absolutely loved the variety shows! It would take forever to name them but they started with the guy who had the most annoying way of talking but seemed to get every great act in the world. I know it's probably in the list @ Music Shows & Variety Shows/Specials but I'm sorta watching the Olympics and did take time to really check it out.

The Red Skelton Show had to be my absolute favorite Variety Show ever...

ebe271_0fb8427d44b1b3e14b5c147c314638f1.jpg

"Good Night and May God Bless"

Last edited:
My List

Get Smart
Leave it to Beaver
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Honeymooners
The Rifleman
Twilight Zone
Flintstones
Andy Griffith
Star Trek
Hogans Heros
I really, really liked Father Knows Best and I Love Lucy.

o-HEE-HAW-570.jpg

The HuffPost saying Hee Haw was the “Worst” shows just how ridiculous the site can be. These are all shows we will always remember. Hogan's Heroes, Lucy, Gunsmoke, Bewitched, and The Carrol Burnett Show will never be matched by modern performers.

Read the list, plus a piece on 22 Amazing Actors who never won an... @ 11 TV Shows That Defined Your Childhood, Ranked From Worst To Best

1). Star Trek
2). Lost In Space
3). Gilligan's Island
4). Beverly Hillbillies
5). The Invaders
6). Davy & Goliath
7). The Dick Van Dyke Show
8). The Outer Limits
9). Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
10). Sea Hunt
11). Green Acres

My List

Get Smart
Leave it to Beaver
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Honeymooners
The Rifleman
Twilight Zone
Flintstones
Andy Griffith
Star Trek
Hogans Heros
I really, really liked Father Knows Best and I Love Lucy.

I've watched Lucy recently and it really hasn't aged well. Good slapstick but the story lines are kinda lame
I think the Honeymooners aged better

Father Knows Best was a good show. A lot of morality plays but a good strong family
Donna Reed was very similar

Forum List

Back