11 TV Shows that Defined Your Childhood

1. Doctor Who(Tom Baker era, PBS late 70's)
2. Hee Haw(I live in Archie Campbell's hometown)
3. The Golden Girls(Me and my grandmother would watch this every Saturday night)
4. Dallas(Me and grandma on Friday nights)
5. The Six Million Dollar Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. 60 Minutes(I hated this show, but my grandfather watched it every Sunday)
8. The Dukes of Hazard(I hated this show, when it first started, it replaced the Hulk).
9. The CBS evening news(with Walter Cronkite, and that's the way it was.)
10. NBC's Tuesday night lineup(A-Team, Riptide, Remington Steele)
11. USA's Prime Time Wrestling(Monday nights, now it's WWE Monday Night Raw.)
I’m getting back into wrestling again. It’s almost all new characters and I like what I see so far. Aj styles? Who the hell is he talking about the house that a j styles built?

o-HEE-HAW-570.jpg

The HuffPost saying Hee Haw was the “Worst” shows just how ridiculous the site can be. These are all shows we will always remember. Hogan's Heroes, Lucy, Gunsmoke, Bewitched, and The Carrol Burnett Show will never be matched by modern performers.

Read the list, plus a piece on 22 Amazing Actors who never won an... @ 11 TV Shows That Defined Your Childhood, Ranked From Worst To Best

do you just want my TOP 11 or ALL of them because whatever was on tv,i pretty much watched it.i was glued to the tv all the time all day spending most my day and night watching the bubetube..LOL

I watched what my parents watched, and the usual kid stuff sometimes. Enjoyed some shows but I could take TV or leave it. Never got the habit.

The only shows I recall stopping what I was doing to watch as a kid were Beany and Cecil, Jonny Quest, The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits. Also would stay up till 2-3AM on weekends watching horror and science fiction films on local programs Chiller (Fri) and Shock! (Sat).

Sesame Street
Gilligan's Island
The Flintstones
All In The Family
Happy Days
Little House on the Prairie
I Dream Of Jeannie
Three's Company
One Day At A Time
Welcome Back Kotter
The Love Boat

I read all the posts and was surprised that a couple of shows I am going to list was not mentioned... Another subject I want to breech is sex and the television... The picture of Jeanie made me recall that I dream of Jeanie was either the first bellie button on TV or they made them take it out of the show... Now so many shows are just filled with sex, it is hard to take sometimes... Doesn't leave much room for the imagination anymore...

Sky King
Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans
Rin Tin Tin
Sargent Preston of the RCMP
Gene Autry
Perry Mason
The Millionaire

Seems to me the first five had a Saturday Morning audience...

Every guy I talked to later in life admitted for having a "thing" for Elizabeth Montgomery.
Totally goes against the idea that men like bimbos. I find that interesting......

We all romanticize about our childhood, believing that the entertainment we loved during our formative years was the best and that today’s entertainment isn’t as good as it was in the past.

All old people of all generations of the past do this, and all old people of all generations of the future will do this, too.

As for my later young adult/early adult years, Melrose Place.

We all romanticize about our childhood, believing that the entertainment we loved during our formative years was the best and that today’s entertainment isn’t as good as it was in the past.

All old people of all generations of the past do this, and all old people of all generations of the future will do this, too.

well romanticizing TV is ludicrous anyway. I don't miss any of these shows or even watch them in reruns.
Give me a good psychological drama and I'm good to go

Well I don't think anything on TV "defined my childhood"...I really only watched TV on Saturday mornings when I was a little kid.
Later on, more like mid-elementary school I guess, my favorites were....

Fat Albert
Scooby Doo
Loony Tunes

Sanford and Son
All in the Family
Rockford Files
Columbo
Kojack

Here's mne

Dennis the Menance
My Favorite Martian
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Sea Hunt
Rip Cord
Twilight Zone
Wild Wild Wsst
I Dream of Jennie
Rescue 8
Hogans Heros

I read all the posts and was surprised that a couple of shows I am going to list was not mentioned... Another subject I want to breech is sex and the television... The picture of Jeanie made me recall that I dream of Jeanie was either the first bellie button on TV or they made them take it out of the show... Now so many shows are just filled with sex, it is hard to take sometimes... Doesn't leave much room for the imagination anymore...

Sky King
Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans
Rin Tin Tin
Sargent Preston of the RCMP
Gene Autry
Perry Mason
The Millionaire

Seems to me the first five had a Saturday Morning audience...
Good Lord! You must be my age.

This is when there were only 4 channels. ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS.
and no remotes

Forum List

Back