11 degrees and falling...snow too...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
hubby left early this am.....called back and told me ....i could most likely get out but there was no way i could get back in...due to large snow drifts....i am trying to get up the nerve to get dressed and venture out and take pics

did i mention high winds......anyone else got pics

We lucked out I guess.

Prediction: about 6" of snow, weather advisory to last until about 7:30 tonight.
We got: about 1" of snow, icy road, and supposed to have sun by noon.

The kids still got to have a "snow day" off.

High winds, blowing snow, 18 degrees, means I need to be very careful when I go out :eusa_pray: Unfortunately I have to shovel and drive in this today

I think the wind coming off the lake makes this unbearable brrrr

A wet heavy snow is much better than this arctic blast of cold, 8 inches expected today another 5 to 8 tomorrow

I will get pics when I go out

Sunny, upper 70s, nice Caribbean breeze, laying in a hammock under a couple of palm trees. listening to the ocean gently break upon the sand.

Aaaaaahhh, if only............

I wish it was like last week, this was a heat wave and much safer travels than today

I took this last week when I was out

img4579b.jpg

Took this picture about 10 minutes ago while I was out on the back porch smoking a cigarette. I am looking north past the garage up the farm lane. Looks much better today than it did yesterday during the blizzard. You could not see half way up the lane to where the corn field starts yesterday because of the blowing snow. Not real sure just how much snow we got cause the wind has blown most of it away which suits me just fine. It is 4 degrees outside.

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture2911-snow.jpg

Took this picture about 10 minutes ago while I was out on the back porch smoking a cigarette. I am looking north past the garage up the farm lane. Looks much better today than it did yesterday during the blizzard. You could not see half way up the lane to where the corn field starts yesterday because of the blowing snow. Not real sure just how much snow we got cause the wind has blown most of it away which suits me just fine. It is 4 degrees outside.

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture2911-snow.jpg

Whoa, your driveway is a little longer than mine.And I have to shovel :(

My driveway is 3/4 mile long. We keep it plowed with a tractor.

ah, so there is more driveway than meets the eye. :eek:

ah, so there is more driveway than meets the eye. :eek:

The driveway of course starts at the road, comes down for 3/4 mile past the garage and our house and then has a big loop at the end down by the rental house and barns. Normally, the wife walks the lane twice everyday. Most likely not today though.:lol:

While I appreciate help from neighbors and all. I do not appreciaite stupidity, I am sorry, but there is a neighbor snow blowing my driveway with the blade a little too low on my pea gravel driveway :doubt: I am sorry "Eric"

I can hear the gravel hitting my house...oh geez :eusa_pray: Which means comes spring I will AGAIN be cleaning/raking/ picking gravel from my back yard

While I appreciate help from neighbors and all. I do not appreciaite stupidity, I am sorry, but there is a neighbor snow blowing my driveway with the blade a little too low on my pea gravel driveway :doubt: I am sorry "Eric"

I can hear the gravel hitting my house...oh geez :eusa_pray: Which means comes spring I will AGAIN be cleaning/raking/ picking gravel from my back yard

He probably means well but just doesn't know any better...

Yes, so I am just gonna take it. How do you tell someone that means so well, not to do what they are joyfully doing "for you"?

Yes, so I am just gonna take it. How do you tell someone that means so well, not to do what they are joyfully doing "for you"?

You don't.. You suck it up and deal, or find a way to do it yourself before he can. :)

My neighbor keeps the grass between our houses mowed every year.. I have hostas along my garage.. My logic is...they're hearty little bastards, they'll just grow back even bigger. :)

Forum List

Back